Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow layout changes for for what is seen when opening (without the massive message area). Like Skype for business layout.

Allow layout changes. For instance, allow users to pick a layout like Skype for business so that only a contact list is seen when opened (without the massive message area).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Unify the Microsoft Communication Infrastructre

Do I use Teams to communicate or do I use Outlook? If I split my communication between Outlook and Teams, how do I search for information from a single interface? The separate communication infrastructure is a mess.

With Skype, Skype sessions used to appear in outlook as “Conversations.” Using Outlook, I could search for communication threads through mailboxes and folders as well as Converstions. Loved it!

With Teams there is no interoperability and the communication threads are separated. I have to search through two separate messaging systems to find information.

Terrible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the Skype to Teams User Migration Process

We are rolling out Teams to specific groups. The problem we have is that other users who have experimented with Teams but aren't running it regularly never see messages sent to them in Teams. Even when we switch them to Skype Only mode, the contact in Teams is for an orphaned Teams account. The user using Skype has to message a Teams only user to start a chat with the Skype Only user. If the Teams only user tries to message the Skype Only user, the message goes into a black hole.

This is killing adoption. New users don't want…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams にもSKype for Business にあった「今すぐ会議」を付けて欲しいです。

お客様と会議を直ぐに開くとき
    「今すぐ会議」があれば、即会議を開催し、
    URLを生成してメールを送信する。事をよくしています。
    Teamsは相手が社内であれば簡単に設定して会議を開く事ができますが
    相手が社外の場合、少し面倒だと感じます。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A feature that allows you to schedule a meeting every other week

A feature that allows you to schedule a meeting every other week

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add an "off work" status.

Please add a "off work" status with its own color. Appear away can be used throughout the day and doesn't immediately convey that we are done working for the day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Picture uploads

I want to be able to take a photo and immediately send it to my groups, just like I can with instant messaging. I was hoping this would be my new go to tool for work groups but Apples Instant messaging is still easier to use and quicker.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow adding of other callers to a conversation.

Allow another caller to be added to the conversation in the same manner we used to be able to do in SFB.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Call drop option to call back in

When the call drops, have a pop up window with a one-click option to dial back in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable @mention for the certain member of a team

I would like to have a dedicated chat group only for using @mention function. Currently we can use @mention to users, teams, and channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. User search in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to improve the searching feature to exclude users who have not been assigned Microsoft Teams license from the search result.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ab

Need the ability to edit messages/conversations. I've noticed typos/grammatical (almost as if there is autocorrect) mistakes that I didn't make in messages that I've send but don't show the ability to edit messages within the Team I created (and I'm the owner).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spinning new conversations off of existing threads

Support spinning off conversation into new (but related & tracked) conversations.   Use case:  A technical discussion leads to 2 (or more) sub-discussions on specific topics.  These could be broken out into new related/tracked conversations without polluting the original thread (or spinning into dis-jointed threads where resolutions are lost).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edits to Channel or Chat Posts Don't Reflect your change Until The Page or Focus is Refreshed/Reloaded Manually

Edits to Channel or Chat Posts Don't Update Until The Page or Focus is Refreshed/Reloaded Manually. In a web client this means refreshing the page or switching context and back. In native app this means just changing context and back.

This seems tangentially related to other issues about refresh problems:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18922000-automatic-refresh-of-channel
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18664153-within-the-chat-section-there-doesn-t-appear-to-be
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37617424-automatic-refresh-mandatory-or-optional
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31845766-no-automatic-refresh
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32103328-refresh-button-for-teams

But I am specifically complaining about post edits not refreshing. Separate issues but I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same "fix".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove subject from new "conversation" feature

Remove the "Subject" line from the new conversations feature. It makes sense to have a subject on an announcement, but having it on a simple conversation adds a level of formality or complexity to the conversation...its almost like youre composing an email. Even if its not required it takes more time to post because now you have to think oh wait, does this need a subject?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow guests to join immediately teams sessions

Unlike Skype for business, Teams does allow to configure the behaviour when a guest join the session, nor via PC or directly by phone call. They always get sent to waiting room until moderator joins

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Skype/Team umute using Contana

Possible to unmute Skype / Team during calls using voice with Contana ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base