Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office drama not available in mobile app

These stickers should be available in the mobile app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add on-prem storage

In an effort to get folks to migrate to cloud, realize that many organizations still use local On-Prem storage. The ability to attach a UNC share as file storage to a team could jump start a lot of that migration. You could create a sync tool (or leverage the one drive enterprise tools) behind the scenes for them recalling that a sizable group of your base customers do not have IT support of course but could easily benefit from this. UNC Stored files could have a flag in their properties that is set to mark them as on-prem files, until…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shifts--Page to view all vacation requests

Can there be a page or tab added that allows an owner to view all requests? It would need to be broken down into vacation, or whatever options the user chooses. It would also be nice to select the view, i.e. all requests, unanswered, future, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. White Systray Icon

It would be great if the Teams icon in the systray would adhere to the same convention as the other icons from the OS:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Our school really needs to write the tests in so it's possible to share them

To whom it may concern,

Our school really needs a calendar within the application 'teams' to insert tests and exams . These calendars need to be shared with the parents of the students and the students themselves. When we share the calendar with our parents and students they should be able to see the tests in their own calendars in personal phones. We Believe that this is a vital piece of information that we truly Believe will enhance their microsoft experience and make their lives easier.

As a school, we use technology on an every day basis and we feel…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. eDiscovery for specific user

For now when we do eDiscovery search for specific user, only chats in peer to peer, or group chat will show in the result. For messages this user sent in Teams groups/channels, they will not show up in the result and we need to do eDiscovery for Teams groups/channels this user is a member of separately to get the result.
    This introduces a lot additional work to security team and we would like to have the feature which is by eDiscovery specific user, the result will contain all the messages sent by this user from peer to peer, group chat…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide easy access to voicemail settings

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    外出時のボイスメールの設定の簡易化について

Provide easy access to voicemail settings

■Description(内容):
    外出時のボイスメールを有効化する設定が見つからないとエンドユーザーから報告があります。
    下記のアドレスから設定可能であることを確認しましたが、Office 365 のGUI 上からアクセスする導線がありません。
    https://aka.ms/vmsettings
    Microsoft Teams からアクセスできるよう機能の実装を要望します。

Our end users reported that there is no setting found to enable voicemail feature.
    I found that it is possible to set voicemails via below URL, but there is no access from Office 365 GUI.
    https://aka.ms/vmsettings

It will be great if we could access the voicemail settings directly from Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Team pings notification is not working

Hi Team,

When we ping a team from mobile it does not show as a pop up in the group and no notification pops up on their systems.

Also, sometimes we are not getting notified on mobile version of teams.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. same window

Teams and chats in the same tab/window where I need not switch to see which group or which person has new messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix SharePoint List Quick Edit Error

I love the fact that we can add a SharePoint list as a tab in Teams. Unfortunately, a Quick Edit view always freezes and will not let users exit it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add icon to screen grab

Add an icon that when I press it, a crosshairs mouse pointer appears allowing me to go to any windows app, draw a box around the data and after I let go of the mouse, it would auto paste into Teams chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email address for group different if created in desktop client vs. Teams admin center

When a team is created in the Teams client, the Office 365 group email address contains the entire Team name (e.g. MyTeamNameHere@company.com)

When a team is created in the Teams admin center, the Office 365 group email address is truncated to 8 characters (e.g. MyTeamNa@company.com)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share my screen and see their screen (picture in picture) for training

I would like the ability to share my screen (so an employee/client can see my desktop) and be able to see their screen in a smaller window to make sure they are following along as we step through a tutorial. A 1/4 size picture-in-picture in the right-hand corner of my screen would be GREAT! Possibly transparent while not a focused window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 'Complete task' checkbox in Planner task not visible when using Touch screen

When using a touch screen there is actually a lot not working/very hard to use. The most annoying of all is: the checkbox to complete the task is not visible and when you touch the task a bit to much to the upper right, all of a sudden your task is gone/completed! Please fix this.

Another one: when you want to open a task while the sub-tasks are shown, you are not able to open it using a touch screen. Trying to do that results in checking these boxes and therefore completing the task....

Not to forget: I love Planner…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open the Microsoft Teams when new chat arrives

Like Microsoft Lync Open the Microsoft Teams when new chat arrives instead of just notification alone (Win 10).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Easier viewing of Shifts on Mobile

Easily view current and upcoming shifts with mobile app as owner (without having an assigned shift).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More features for quiet hours

Add feature to include every other week day x for quiet hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Get banner notifications for chat

Same as others suggesting just like any common messaging app. I use this for work and when away from desk I don’t want to miss messages

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base