Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to navigate to a specific private chat

When you are on that chat tab on teams so you can see all your private message channels, if you want to navigate to a new private chat with a specific person (person A) if you click by their profile picture it does not navigate you to your chat with person A, instead it opens up this annoying more details dialog which then completely blocks the area you need to click to open that private channel with them, now you have to move your mouse away to get rid of that popup and move it back and HOPEFULLY don't leave…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Separate O3654 group creation permissions for Public and Private group creation

Right now we can only control who can create teams (groups) or not - it's all or nothing. We would like to permit creation of private teams separately from creation of public teams. For example, members of "Private Team Creators" can create private teams all day long but cannot create public teams until they are added to "Public Team Creators" group.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have a vision issue, and your program is barely usable. Why are there no accessability options in this program?

This should have accessibility options. I have a vision disability and every time our company IM messes up and we are asked to use your programe I struggle all day due to this. When you have to magnify the size of the text there are no options to make other ui elements smaller or remove them all together to increase the viewing space to an acceptable region.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Widget for contact shortcut to call someone on teams on Android device

There should be a possibility to get a contact on the smartphones main screen. So you have him/her on "speed dial" over an android widget.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Viewing pictures in a Teams files folder

Instead of viewing pictures as an individual file, a slideshow option should be included so that we can view the file in a quick and easy way

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GDPR compliant about Additional Notes, request history and making approval process private

There is a functionality in Shifts that requester can choose the reason and leave the note (detail reason) to explain why taking the time off. This message is visible for all the team owners. Also the Request History, cannot be deleted and it is visible to all Team Owners.

To comply with GDPR Article 9, we should not disclose sensitive personal information publicly to anyone. Therefore, the ideas are:

1. Make it possible to disable the optional Notes field to ensure the reason information is not exposed to other possible Team Owner that is not the employees' direct report manager.

2. Make…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show timestamp of the latest message in channel when hovering to that channel

Now tooltip show the name of that channel. Change this to show the timestamp of the latest message in that channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn on Microsoft Teams notification across applications setting at once

It would be great that we could turn on for Microsoft Teams notification across applications at once. We currently need to set settings for each apps as we use Teams app on different devices, desktop client, web client and mobile. Also, it is time consuming to set settings each time when a team would be added.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. About Office files that we can share on the screen during a Microsoft Teams meeting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の会議中の画面上で共有可能な Office ファイルについて
    About Office files that we can share on the screen during a Microsoft Teams meeting

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の会議中の画面上で直接共有が可能な Office ファイルは、PowerPoint ファイルのみですが、今後 Excel や Word のファイルも会議中の画面上で直接共有ができるよう機能の改善を希望します。
    Only PowerPoint files among Office files can be shared directly on the screen in a Microsoft Teams meeting. I hope we will also be able to share Excel and Word files as well on a Teams video calling screen in the future.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sharing from Android os

When sharing from android os, I want you to be able to select from the channel list instead of searching for channels.
    I don't remember channel names because I'm on a lot of teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Desktop interface

Our team sometimes accidentally starts new topics on the teams desktop app.
    The ‘reply’ and ’start new thread’ boxes are very close to each other, and are sometimes mixed up.
    What should have been a reply is a new thread in those cases.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to hide "Share with Outlook"

I don't use Outlook on the web, so I don't use this feature.
    But it cannot be hidden.
    When not using, please implement the setting to hide.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show most popular post/post with most likes

In order to easily figure out what kind of messages get the most/best feedback it would be perfect to have a feature to find out what post in a channel or team got the most likes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would love to see the "Shared with you" folder of OneDrive show up in my OneDrive in Teams

I and my team often am accessing files back and forth. I would love to see the "Shared" side panel on the web version of OneDrive show up in Teams as well as the OneDrive desktop app for quicker access than having to find the specific conversation I had with them

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatic admission into meetings

Without manual intervention from the organizers meeting options to allow "Everyone" to join.

Currently, there is no way to create a policy for this to be defaulted in our users meetings. We would like to see automatic admission for everyone into our Teams Meetings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please give us the option to have Teams ignore the calendar for status updates.

Please give us the option to have Teams ignore the calendar for status updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Be able to copy schedules for individuals or individual groups over a number of weeks. Master schedule location.

I have a number of different groups within my workforce that are assigned different rota periods. I have staff on 1, 2 & 3 week rotas and it is very hard to copy the schedule over. Easy option would be reoccurring shifts but this seems to of been placed on the backlog for some reason.

I have multiple staff who oversee the programming of schedules for different groups in one teams schedule, meaning copying the entire schedule doesn't work. It would be good to be able to copy individuals or groups separately. It would also be good to have a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. While sending meeting invitation we can invite people but there is no option available for "OPTIONAL" attendee

Hi team,

While sending a meeting invitation We should have an option like "OPTIONAL"., so that person's attendance is not compulsory, but he is been informed that invitation has been shared with the required individuals.

In outlook, while sending meeting invitation it is available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tracking

Need to be able to use the time tracking features for all our staff. How can we use an automated way, for when they arrive and depart particular site locations, not just one address. Also using street addresses please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base