Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Real-Time Statistics for Voice/Video Calls/Conferencing

Have the ability as an Admin to have a live look into all Teams calls/conferences in real time. Have the ability to see statistics on the quality of the calls (packet-loss/latency/MOS/etc..) This will help Admins provide support and troubleshoot when a user has issues on a call or conference.

The Teams client should also be able to show the users real-time quality statistics via a pop-up window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ability to create a sub chat from a channel chat

ability to create a sub chat from a channel chat

Chats can get crowded for some channels and need ability to respond to an individual on a sub chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View Presentations in a Separate Window

While in a meeting it would be nice to view the presentation in a separate window and continue to use the rest of the functions within teams. While in presentations I am usually still chatting with colleagues. When I do this, the presentation becomes a small box in the corner of my screen making it impossible to read the slides.

The only way I have found around this is to join the meeting using the web application and continue to use the desktop app for for sending messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to create unique chat filters

Right now it appears the filter is only by Unread, Meetings, and Muted. It would be good if each individual could add additional filter options. For example, Hidden chats, or non-Meeting chats, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alle Teilnehmer einer Besprechung sehen können

Wir nutzen "Teams Besprechungen" für den Unterricht.
    Dort ist es wichtig mehr als vier SchülerInnen gleichzeitig zu sehen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disabling Meme should disable editable stickers

In the admin center you can disable memes or stickers. Because of the nature of memes, the assumption is that disabling memes will also disable editable stickers (commonly referred to as memes). The experience of turning off memes currently only disables adding a customer background to a meme. Otherwise everything is still editable and is still a compliance issue.
    Is there a way to have the disable meme also disable the editable stickers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. download files also for private channels

We need a solution for the Owner to be able to effectively download all Files for all channels - including private channels in a Team.
    Until private channels were announced, we use the functionality to Open in Sharepoint, and Go to the Documents-library which includes all folders for non-private channels. But private channels are not showing - so its risky that the Owner forget the files in for any private channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Call Queues Self Administration

Today call queues can only be administrated by teams administrators. (Typically IT administrators who create and maintain all call queues)

It would be great to give the call queues owners (business personal) a possibility to maintain their call queues/auto attendant by them self. Obviously they should only be able to edit their own call queues and not those of others.

Any plans to implement this feature? Are there 3rd party products available for this purpose?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to see two equaly big screens with me and my guitarstudent. It would be wery handy to see his and mine guitar the same time

I would like to see two equaly big screens with me and my guitarstudent. It would be wery handy to see his and mine guitar the same time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update the Yammer 'Communities' app so it has the same level of functionality as the Yammer desktop app

It's brilliant to have the 'Communities' app to be able to use Yammer within Teams :) However, it clearly doesn't have the same level of functionality as the desktop Yammer app and constantly opens a web browser to do various things.

Can you update the 'Connections' app so that it has the same level of functionality as the desktop app, so that you can stay within Teams all the time when using it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calender meeting

if we are scheduling meeting for teams soon after click on MS teams along with the link clear hear the meeting code should generate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Melhorar opções no chat

Uma vez que o Teams é também dirigido para crianças, acho que deveria haver mais possibilidades dos pais controlarem o chat, como eliminar conversas, grupos ou mesmo bloquear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Inserting a communication banner at the bottom of a live video

As in streaming news channels, to be able to insert important information at the same time as the meeting or live broadcast is taking place.
    For example, one could note a reminder of the next points and the schedule, a bit like the important information alert system, or even just give the name of the speaker when broadcasting live commercial information, take up the key elements given to customers...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presenters bandwith stats for Directors

Hello,
    during live event could be very interesting for directors to know the current bandwith used by every Presenters/directors connected to the Directors console

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add feature to change the position of control taskbar. everytime it is blocking the bottom side of the screen

Bottom of PPT is blocked every time I moved my mouse during presentation. Please add option to change the position of this control task bar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Prevent new students to Team appearing in Assignments set before they joined.

When new students join a Team (half way through a year) they automatically appear in assignments set before they were added. This can be confusing for students and for teachers who want to only see Assignments that have not been marked or returned.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If i block camera the screen turns black. Why?

If i block the camera screen turns black. Why? And can you fix it??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base