Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharing from Android os

When sharing from android os, I want you to be able to select from the channel list instead of searching for channels.
    I don't remember channel names because I'm on a lot of teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Desktop interface

Our team sometimes accidentally starts new topics on the teams desktop app.
    The ‘reply’ and ’start new thread’ boxes are very close to each other, and are sometimes mixed up.
    What should have been a reply is a new thread in those cases.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to hide "Share with Outlook"

I don't use Outlook on the web, so I don't use this feature.
    But it cannot be hidden.
    When not using, please implement the setting to hide.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show most popular post/post with most likes

In order to easily figure out what kind of messages get the most/best feedback it would be perfect to have a feature to find out what post in a channel or team got the most likes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would love to see the "Shared with you" folder of OneDrive show up in my OneDrive in Teams

I and my team often am accessing files back and forth. I would love to see the "Shared" side panel on the web version of OneDrive show up in Teams as well as the OneDrive desktop app for quicker access than having to find the specific conversation I had with them

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatic admission into meetings

Without manual intervention from the organizers meeting options to allow "Everyone" to join.

Currently, there is no way to create a policy for this to be defaulted in our users meetings. We would like to see automatic admission for everyone into our Teams Meetings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please give us the option to have Teams ignore the calendar for status updates.

Please give us the option to have Teams ignore the calendar for status updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to copy schedules for individuals or individual groups over a number of weeks. Master schedule location.

I have a number of different groups within my workforce that are assigned different rota periods. I have staff on 1, 2 & 3 week rotas and it is very hard to copy the schedule over. Easy option would be reoccurring shifts but this seems to of been placed on the backlog for some reason.

I have multiple staff who oversee the programming of schedules for different groups in one teams schedule, meaning copying the entire schedule doesn't work. It would be good to be able to copy individuals or groups separately. It would also be good to have a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. While sending meeting invitation we can invite people but there is no option available for "OPTIONAL" attendee

Hi team,

While sending a meeting invitation We should have an option like "OPTIONAL"., so that person's attendance is not compulsory, but he is been informed that invitation has been shared with the required individuals.

In outlook, while sending meeting invitation it is available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tracking

Need to be able to use the time tracking features for all our staff. How can we use an automated way, for when they arrive and depart particular site locations, not just one address. Also using street addresses please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The user display name in group chat is too short to be useful. cannot identify who is who.

When our company user display name has a brand name prefix, every's the same name in the group chat. can make the display longer to see who is who? there seems to be plenty of room for that display.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allowing a Format for posts/new conversations to be set as a default setting for a user

The way you can format a post, new conversation or as part of a chat. User would like to have the ability to set a default format setting for themselves. This way new posts/conversations will have a preset tempered to how the user will want to their postgs to look

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to Mask/Blur Chat History Until Revealed

Ability to have your chat history be blurred unless revealed with a mouse click.

As an example, logged in with a conference room of people around me after having a sensitive chat with another member of management regarding a particular employee (who was in the room). I knew this was going to happen so was able to immediately click off to something else, but it would be really nice to have the ability to have your Chat History hidden so that those of us that also use Teams for group meetings don't have to worry about sensitive discussions being revealed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. create a /location

create a /location which would pull location attrib in AD so you could sort or show all users at that location

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. equipment scheduling

Add equipment scheduling capability to the calendar or as a function of teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can't remove myself as a delegate for a former employee

After a former employee's account is deactivated (no Office license), their delegates in Teams can't be removed from delegation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let users have the ability to delete chats and threads

Users need the ability to delete chats and group conversations, not only for security and privacy purposes, but more importantly for environmental and storage reasons, surely the complete storage of ALL chats is using so, so much storage...and ultimately CO2 to run storage facilities???

When will this be addressed, it seems such an elementary issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hashtag threads and meetings

I would like to be able to tag threads, meeting, files and be able to use the tags for searching within a channel and also in over all search.

Perhaps even use the save function to quickly filter a channel on items I have saved. This would make it even more efficient to get to “just that” information I am looking for.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Take notes attached to a Meeting Recording

During a live meeting that is being recorded, I would like to be able to add a comments to specific time stamps during my meeting; these comments need to be saved in a separate file from the transcript and they can be editable and to be able to convert them into a OneNote file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base