Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Configure animations played after submitting a task

When I submit a task the played animations keep me motivated and make me feel good. But the problem is that sometimes the same animations play multiple times in a row or that animations play I do not like. So I have an idea for a feature in the settings where you can configure how often you want to allow the possibility of the same animation playing multiple times in row or better yet, where you can exactly set the number of times you want the possibility to exist. You could also make a list of all the possible animations…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. how can i export a list of partcipants from a TEAMS webinar when it has finished?

how can i export a list of partcipants from a TEAMS webinar when it has finished?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Control Shift C

Please change the start a call keyboard shortcut. I frequently start calls on accident when attempting to do a control-shift-v for format-free pasting into a chat. Control+Shift+C is a really easy key to hit by mistake when doing this task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add presenter's name when presenting

There is a need for the presenter's name to display during a live event for participants to associate the name with the person who is speaking while displayed on the live side.

Team meetings displays this information and we would like it to display during live events as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add presenter's name when presenting

There is a need for the presenter's name to display during a live event for participants to associate the name with the person who is speaking while displayed on the live side.

Team meetings displays this information and we would like it to display during live events as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Turn off notifications when in a call

Toggle button to enable notifications to be suspended when in a call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add frame to Pop Out Chat

add a frame instead of shadow

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. change color of Teams

I personally don't like the violet color and it doesn't look as a "professional tool"... as it actually is

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. modify PDF

make users available to modify PDF documents (add comments, sticky notes, lines, etc.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. if you are on an audio or video call ask "are you sure" before you close the window which then hangs up the call

A few times i have been on a call and cleaning up my desktop / rearranging my windows and inadvertantly close the Teams window that then hangs up the call. Maybe a pop up warning that the call will be hung up could appear if you go to close the window while on a call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to disable the Activity tab

Notification badges appear on the Activity tab but not on the tab where they actually happen. So I click into the Activity tab to see that John posted in our Test Team but then I have to navigate to the Teams tab to view the full Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mute button

When you are in a meeting the mute button could show up “Red” with the line through it showing that you mic is off. Once you click to unmute, it turns white indicating you are live. This can make it easier to determine when you are unmuted. We have had many times were people do not know when they are unmuted or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to have the possibility do add new ringtones

Right Now we can choose from 15 different ringtones. It would be nice to have the possibility to add a few more of our own taste.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow lobby feature for each meeting

Have the ability to set-up the lobby feature for only one specific meeting. This will help when the meeting is confidential.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Free/Busy Option - Shouldn't Automatically Match Calendar

In Skype you can turn off the option to appear Free/Busy (red/green) sync to Calendar. Just because something is on your calendar doesn't mean you are attending it. For Admins we appear busy all day. Especially if you support more than one individual. Give us the option to sync with calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Eu não AGUENTO MAIS tanta lição, dá uma maneirada aí, eu não sou um bot não

Uma etequiana que tá cansada de tanta lição nesse crl

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On calls with numerous video participants to be able to scroll or select attendees you can see

To be able to select or scroll through attendees and select who appear in the nine tiles

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display Presenter names during Teams Live Events as on an internal/group meeting

Display Presenter names during Teams Live Events either as they are on an internal/group meeting or better still enabling formal names with prefixes to enable formal titles such as Professor John Smith or Councillor Joanna Smith to be displayed at the bottom of the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Desktop Notifications lag

On opening the app everyday, the first notification/ping I receive is succeeded by the last notification of the previous day. This would happen on the same day too if the first conversation happened in the morning and the second ping was received after 3hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Signal Strength indicator during a call

Thi option is already available in MS Skype for Business. Please try to replicate the same in Teams. It give a good indication in case the calls become patchy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base