Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sign in versus Log in

Generally, Office 365 uses 'Sign in' or 'Sign out'. For consistency sake, would you update Teams with 'Sign out' instead of 'Log in'/'Log out'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Web View of Office Documents as Tab

Specific ask... ability to 'Copy Link to Page' in OneNote and 'Add a Tab' > 'Website' in Teams to have a OneNote page pinned as a tab. More general ask... do this with ANY link (e.g. unrelated SharePoint site) to ANY Office document (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Visio). AFAIK, documents can only be pinned to tabs if you use the specific "tab app", which requires the file to exist within the Teams space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile Wiki Display Pages

Our company switched to Teams for the collaboration and the majority of our users believe this app to be far superior to other tools used in the past. We are trying to standardize on this single app to replace multiple tools. In doing this, we have migrated documented information to Wiki pages. This works great on computers and tablets but is impractical to use on mobile phones. The default presentation of the data is extremely small and hard to use. Is there any way to adjust the display to make this tool work better on a mobile platform? In addition,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. view only background

At some point, when closing apps on the surface in tablet mode, I just saw the background design (diashow). And I really liked it! It's nice to be able to just view the background with nothing else while temporarily not using the device.
    I would like to see that as a feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Threading helper hotkey

Threading is weird. I like it, but I'm not used to it. Thus, I frequently start typing in the main chat box when I want to reply.

It would be awesome to have a hotkey that would change your input focus to the previous reply field. Hitting it again would move back to the next previous thread, and so on.

Bonus points if it carries the half-entered text you'd already typed with it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. why can't we share desktops with team mates

There is not an option to share screens so you can do a demonstration or just show processes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. My profile / Saved items list - set as Home page?

Like others in my team, I am tagged in too many items to respond to immediately. This is particularly acute when using the mobile app on the move. However, I also forget to check my Saved items list later.

Can the Saved items view be set as the Home screen that I see first when logging in to Teams? (Or an inbox-style count of outstanding items...)

Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No wrapping on failed to send message

The failed to send message isn't wrapping, and instead trails out of the chat dialogue window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Consistent chat (CR|LR editing) functionality

Reply feature seems available in Team chat but not in direct chat...

Support for industry standard usage of pressing SHIFT+ENTER to allow entering text beyond the last character when editing a chat would be helpful.

Especially considering it's even worst in direct chat where there is no Reply button to get precision to a note further up in the stream.

Why would MS limit functionality and confuse usage especially when on same codebase?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. you could add somhow the planned date and the real date on the tasks. the planned date must not be modified, or can be modified by the admin

we need to set a planned date. That date should not be modified or can be modified by some admin of the team. Plus, you could add the real date of finishing the task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. opening files

When opening a file in Excel it asks for sign in, then says another account is in use, which makes the file opening impossible.
    I did a workaround when I removed all office accounts from the computer, including registery, then added them again - it worked for 1 day.. Main account and the one that was used to open the file from teams are the same work account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When pressing Alt + E

When pressing Alt + E to search for college. On direct hit so would it be nice to get that user first so I can just press enter. Now "Search (More)" is appearing first so I have to arrow down to the college I wanted to chat with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sharing only Apps not the whole desktop

While doing a VC or Audiocall currently only full screensharing is possible, so the other caller also sees his own Video stream.
    It would be helpful to choose only definite apps. This is also helping privacy.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Suphatra, Please make Teams capable of sending secure texts to anyone. Please partition users/company documents.

Teams will absolutely take off if you partition company documents and communications and allow the application to be used for regular texts away from the work place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restrict Multiple Access to Files (Option)

If I have a file in Teams that is being synced to a local machine, there is currently no way to prevent those files from becoming unsynchronized. Currently I can open a file in two places, make changes, and all OneDrive will do about it is make a second copy of the file. An option to force files into read only mode once they are open elsewhere would be very helpful. Without that, the sync feature can be very problematic.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. notifications for all messages

Friends,

I would like to suggest a feature to allow a user to receive notifications for everything and not only when he/she gets mentioned on a channel.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problem with switching between different Teams on the app

Bug? I can't switch between my different Teams except clicking between their channels - the Team's tabs don't appear unless I go in via the Search box

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Opening Files

It would be ideal to open more than one file directly into word or power point from the files folder in Teams. Right now, you have to select each file individually and then open it in word.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I need info, who is blocking file

When MS Teams says that file is blocked i need to know who is blocking file and send him my asking to close it (optionaly)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the word wrap in "conversations" when not editing.

I just saw Microsoft Teams "Conversations" break the word "to" into "t" and "o" on a separate line below when not editing. In edit mode it looks fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base