Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. @mention team member in private chat

Add an ability to @mention a team member in a private chat with another team member. The @mention should get a notification about it and read JUST that message. They would have the ability to respond to the original member in their own private chat.

Currently, there is only an option to "Add People". I would much rather keep the chat as a 1-on-1 with my team member, and only @mention another for when they need to know the information/can provide help in that message.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the admin to create and deploy a global contact group to Chat

Currently, there is no way to export or deploy a Chat contact group from one user account to another user account.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support office keyboard shortcuts! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

Support office keyboard shortcuts in Teams! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Information Barriers for Business Premium License

In order to control visibility between departments, executives, and users, implementing Information Barriers are the best bet. This feature is necessary for business Premium Licenses, when will it be available for this type of license?

We are looking for a way to limit visibility between departments, as well as separation of executives and users as Address Book Policy does not work for our environment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to assign re-occurrence of a task at any frequency

allow for re-occurrence of an assigned task (i.e. this task needs done weekly, quarterly, yearly, etc). And if a task is missed or not done in the assigned time there is a way to designate that in the analytics.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to change the icon size for video conference in Teams held via iOS device

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    IOS 端末でのビデオ会議について

Option to change the icon size for video conference in Teams held via iOS device

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams 外出中の社員などと会議を行う際、Teams のアプリでビデオ会議を利用しています。
    しかしながら、iPad などの端末では、自身のアイコンが右下にかなり小さく表示され、どのような画面が相手に共有されているのか非常に困難です。
    現時点での動作ではビデオ会議のアイコンの大きさを変更する設定などもないため、回避する事ができません。
    そのため、アイコンの大きさを変更する、もしくは設定により変更可能になる動作の機能の拡張を要望します。

When in a video conference held in Teams with people who are out via iOS device such as iPad, I found the icon of myself at the bottom-right corner of iPad’s screen, but it was too small to see. I literally couldn’t see what screen was shared with other participants during the conference because of the icon size. However, there is no option to change the icon in video conference,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Call drop option to call back in

When the call drops, have a pop up window with a one-click option to dial back in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable the recording data of meetings to be downloaded directly on Microsoft Teams client

You have to access Stream in order to download the recording data of meetings.
    So, it would be great if we could download the data on Microsoft Teams directly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meeting Attendees (+) Hover is SUPER Tiny!

When you hover over the purple (+) to see the additional attendees for a meeting in a Channel, the hover text listing the other names appears really, really tiny on Desktop. Almost illegible. Either increase the size of the hover bar so the text is legible or add an option to click to see a full list of meeting attendees.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How can we add outside vendors to the chat rooms?

How can we add outside vendors to the chat rooms?
    Example of an outside vendor: Telaid
    We had them on Skype, loosing them on IM will cause more emails for questions regarding our sites.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Version history of feedback in Assignments

It would be great if there were a version history of the feedback in Assignments if or when feedback is deleted by accident.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make audio conferencing more widely available

Audio conferencing is a great feature, and I don't believe it should be restricted to E5 licensing. Users don't always have the capability to join the online meeting, and the ability to teleconference using the "Join by phone" option should be extended to other enterprise licences.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How can you have local phone numbers for El Savlador, Costa Rica and not for Guatemala????

When referring to local phone numbers to use to join a conference call inTeams, there are local numbers listed for El Salvador and Costa Rica but there are no local numbers for Guatemala. Guatemala is the biggest economy in central america so it should definitely be included as local numbers.

Besides we are establishing a SSC in Guatemala and it is extremely obstaculizing not to have local phone numbers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dashboard view of all my Plans and Teams

When i start my Teams apps, it would be nice to have a Dashboard landing page like Planner online, with all the Teams and Plans that i manager and participate.
    I need this information to know better the tasks that is completed and delayed, and other informations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Feature that deletes teams’ schedules in bulk with Shifts app in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to implement features below:
     Feature that deletes teams’ schedules in bulk with Shifts app in Microsoft Teams
     Feature that deletes all schedules
     Feature that deletes groups while their schedules are booked

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. copy chat

In chats, the thumbs up, save, etc. buttons show up over the message. It makes it VERY annoying to try to select and copy the end of a message. This only occurs on chats message from the other person. It does not occur on messages from me, and it does not occur in any Teams messaging.

I need to copy/paste short messages (codes) frequently and this is very annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add new conversations tab

We would like to create another "conversations tab" so that discussions can be sorted accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We need Time (Date & Time) in Calling History

It's extremely difficult to know at what time of the day a call was made if there isn't a timestamp to it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keypad icon

The keypad for making calls is located on the bottom left of the screen. When the window is minimised, the keypad disappears. It would be beneficial to have a small separate pop out window for the keypad so that it can be run alongside other windows on the desktop (just like Skype for Business did). Having to fully open Teams and minimise again is very frustrating when working on multiple open windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner supervisor and better calendar integration

First, there is a bug but it's only possible add planner calendar to outlook if you are owner of the plan itself, being member isn't enough.

Also, it would be awesome to create a supervisor role to see all the tasks in outlook calendar, because once you sync it with iCalendar thing you only see your assigned tasks, this way if you are team manager, you have to be assigned in every task.

But to polish it even more, planner tasks should go directly into calendar, it is obvious that you need it.

Thanks for this forum.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base