Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How can I email-notify and/or tag last Tems meeting participants with only one @ sign?

When I finish meeting in Teams and want to follow up with the meeting participants, I would like to tag or email all, currently it is not possible. Please consider introducing this feature in Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook Duplicate Remover - Shoviv Software

You can also opt for a reliable Third-Party Outlook Duplicate Remover tool for permanently removing the Outlook duplicates. The third-party tools are developed in such a way that you do not need to worry about duplicate emails or other duplicate Outlook items anymore.
    One such application is Shoviv Outlook Duplicate Remover. The software automatically finds and removes duplicate items from your Outlook. It is the best and proven solution to remove Outlook duplicate items. It provides you many options to find duplicate items. A free version of the software is also available that allows you to remove duplicate items. You…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tasks in schedule should be visually recognizable for belonging to specific labels/buckets.

Tasks in the schedule look all the same. At least they should be somewhat colored depending on their labels.
    In my opinion it would be great to easily tell which bucket every task belongs.
    The right column seems pointless, I expect to filter tasks selecting buckets/labels/progress, but it doesn't work this way, I think I'm missing the point of using it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add xbox 360 games to the xbox game pass directory

Add games like: Blur, The amazing spiderman, the amazing spiderman 2, Spiderman friend or foe

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VDI Platfom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The website browser inside teams needs ad blocker

When you set up a website tab in a Teams channel there is absolutely no control of that browser. - why does it not just use the browser and plugins of your choice? Or have a settings page for the internal browser where plugins can be added?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the window to be reduce to a 1/5th of the screen width so it is not on the way of everything. Also allow the chats on separate window

1. Allow the user to resize window to fit his/her preference. As it is now it is to big and it gets in the way of everything so I'm just closing the up and not using it.

2. Chats should be displayed on separate windows. Having everything in one single widow is frustrating, specially during presentations. I should be able to chat with other users without having to minimize a presentation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. App Language/Locale Settings on Teams Room System

There is currently no straightforward way of setting App Language/Locale on a Teams Room System. Among other things, on the desktop client this affects the formatting that is applied to phone numbers when dialled via the dial pad. Teams Room Systems currently default to the US number format - "(123) 456-7890" - which looks wrong for most of the rest of the world and is confusing for users. Changing the App Language/Locale to support non-US locales should be as simple as selecting the appropriate language/country in the Room System settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Offline mode with access to chat history.

Make teams client able to view chat and teams content when there is no internet connection (offline mode).
    This is essentially what prevents us from switching to teams for collaboration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search bar in Teams folder

We NEED a search function within the file folders of 'teams' so that we can easily search for documents in folders

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to create a task and/or to do from a message in Teams - both within a chat or within a channel.

I would like to be able to create a Planner task and/or a To Do from a message in Teams - both within a chat or within a channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Team Conversations by Subject viewable as a list

I'd like to be able to see conversations that have subjects in some sort of lists so that I can better keep track of what things are being discussed by the teams I'm in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams does not work when connected to CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN

We use CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN to access internal application, but as soon as I connect to VPN the team get logged off. How we can mitigate this issue. Is there any patch or something to be install on the system to get the Teams works even while connecting to VPN

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automate date and/or time stamp entry in WIKI content

Enable a way to quickly insert a date and/or time stamp in WIKI content (similar to the functionality supported in OneNote).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let me select Stream videos without the URL when using the connector

Requiring the URL of a Stream video in a Teams chat defeats the purpose of having the connector in the first place. If I already had the URL, I would just paste it into the chat and be done with it.

Please update the Stream connector so I can at least search for videos by name and/or channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. write and send text during file upload

write text during file upload.
    current can't write any text and send during file upload.
    if file is big then it blocks chat for long time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show free/busy status for guest users

I would like you to make free/busy status for guest users visible in Teams, especially when creating a schedule item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple child sections/pages; not the current limit of 1

We want to organise those multiple pages into a hierarchy, much like the Confluence wiki.
    I would like to drag and drop my multiple pages around this hierarchy using the table of contents. I'd like to right-click a section to create a sub-section.
    I'm trying to set up a company-wide wiki much like I can do in Confluence.
    This means I need the following hierarchy:
    Department
    > Multiple Projects
    > .....Multiple sections (like project overview information/related customer information etc.)
    > ..........Multiple sections (breaking down that project information)
    > ...............Multiple sections (further breaking down that project information)
    > .....................etc. Without a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Regarding the contents that can be shared by "Producer" side operations during Microsoft Teams live events

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のライブイベント中に "プロデューサー" 側の操作で共有できるコンテンツについて
    Regarding the contents that can be shared by "Producer" side operations during Microsoft Teams live events

■Description(内容):
    現在の Microsoft Teams のライブイベント中に "プロデューサー" 側の操作では、共有できるコンテンツとして PowerPoint や画像ファイルが利用できません。
    ライブイベント中に PowerPoint でテロップなどを入れて配信したいため、機能の実装を希望します。​
    Currently during Microsoft Teams live events PowerPoint and image files cannot be included in the contents shared by "Producer" side operations.
    We want to use PowerPoint to include captions and broadcast during the live event, so we hope this feature can be implemented.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base