Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. anonymous

Attendees of meetings should be anonymous to each other, but identified to the meeting host. Sometimes we host webinars where it would be great if attendees did not know who each other are, for privacy reasons.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow moving of Folders (as a whole) to other MS Teams channels (like documents can be moved)

Allow moving of Folders (as a whole) to other MS Teams channels (like documents can be moved). Moving files is very easy, however it gets very complicated to move a folder, as it cannot currently be moved. Thus each folder has to be rebuilt and then files moved. Allowing a move of folder as a whole would make the process less convoluted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams message notification on mobile is delayed

Teams mobile notification for new messages should be instant. Sometimes I don’t see messages until I enter the app and miss out on valuable info.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enlarge "new chat" alert

When Teams is minimized and I receive a new chat message, the only notification is a small red "1" bubble on the app icon. It would be nice to have a larger notification, such as an alert bar similar to a new Outlook email. Working off multiple monitors, I can't see these quick enough and miss out on vital collaboration requests. I find myself constantly monitoring the icon bubble, frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Marker for Meeting Presentation

I would like to see an option to have marker capability in anything presented in a meeting. Think of a transparent whiteboard that overlays the screen that the presenter is showing. He could circle items, draw arrows, or otherwise emphasize things, A software version of the old pull away overlay that you could clear as needed. Think reMarkable or boogie-board tablets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Windows 10 users to specify their own sound files for TEAMS notifications and sounds.

TEAMS notifications are worse than worthless as they rarely get people's attention and Windows 10 Desktop users cannot change the sounds to use sound files of their own choosing. When a user is playing music or is viewing a sales presentation, the TEAMS sounds just disappear into the music/noise/background. With other collaboration software, whether running in an app or in a browser (I ALWAYS run teams in a Browser, typically Edge DEV) I can configure sounds for different notifications - "Someone has messaged you", "Someone has joined the meeting", "Someone has left the meeting", "Someone has joined the chat", "Someone…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic export

I need to export the shift data for a specific time period, routinely ever month or on demand. If I could enter the URL and specify the dates I want to export would solve my problem. Also be nice to specify the file name so I could process it directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. give the ability to respond directly to someone in a chat room and also share photo w/contact

we created a chat room for our dept. during covid-19 so we can discuss issues and solutions to various problems and it keeps us connected. I would like the ability to respond directly to someone in the chat room and I would like the ability to share a comment or a photo from the chat room with one of my contacts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have slack like threads to reduce general noise and have multiple have concurrent conversation

Have slack like threads to reduce general noise and have concurrent conversation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. upgrade teams ability to copy a file

from Microsoft teams, open teams on the left bar, selecting files ....add the ability to copy to a browse option to give more choices than one drive or browsing teams and channels (need to copy files to different server/drive locations within network

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mejorar notificación de mensajes

La aplicación no muestra los mensajes, debo mantenerla abierta para saber cuando llegan mensajes. Podrían mejorar esto y que sea como whatsapp, en donde cuando llega un mensaje sin leer, queda en la barra de notificaciones, independiente de que la aplicación esté abierta o no.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Emoji Conflicts

The colon notation used by the Emoji One implementation conflicts with some of the Teams emotes. Specifically, no emoji that start with "s", "p", "o", "x", or "d" can be added from Emoji One as :S, :P, :O, :X, and :D all automatically convert to Teams emotes. This significantly reduces the number of emoji that can be used with the Emoji One implementation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Join button/link does not show in my calendar invite

How can I get the join button/link to show on my calendar invitation. Invitees were not able to join and I had to call them individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Klingon Language

Add Klingon Language to allow fun groups use Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Is there a way of adding a simple form template within teams.

adding a simple form template within teams to collect simple data to be added to other applications eg CRMs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Deploy custom background images to macOS machine location

The rest of the Office suite allows us to deploy custom PP Themes, Word tempates etc to per machine locations on macOS (/Library/Application/data/...).

Could we have a similar location where we can deploy company branded custom backgrounds that the Teams client will read?

I see the Windows folder is a per machine location.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When you select everyone and put them on a team, there should be a way to send a note to the whole team: hit the three dots- message all

You have created your team in messenger. You go to send everyone a message and can't find that feature. It would be so easy if it were located in the three dots next to the team name where you can also "add a team member." A "message all" selection would streamline this process and make it more user friendly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. reminder for extend meeting

when we send endtime for meeting it will be extended without any alert. It should give a reminder That meeting is going to end and user shou

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give the meeting organiser the option of not seeing the chat stream.

I organise Teams meetings but I am often not a participant. It is very irritating (and there could be issues with confidentiality) in being included in the chat stream, which is constantly popping up on my screen. As the organiser, I am the one person I cant exclude from the chat! Unless I'm missing something!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base