Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Profile pic shown during meeting

It would be good idea for your profile pic to be shown instead of just initials when you’re talking in meeting and have your video camera off

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. warn when shift ist conflicting with other shift or unavailable

A warning (Message box eg) when booking availabilities / approving Holiday requests if conflicting with planned shifts would be great

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please make it simple

Please make it simple as google class room especially in uploading assignment and notebook
    Also give a tutorial /navigation guide in the app on how to use

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Floating Window

Allow teams to be minimised while showing the video. Maybe closing main window while meeting is ongoing. (Currently it exists meeting)

It is like how FaceTime works on Mac. Always-on-top may be optional.

Sometimes it is called picture-in-picture mode. It is also possible on phones (idk if already supported by teams)

safari & chrome, itunes & quicktime, even slack has this.
    if you share screen same functionality goes to bottom right corner.

just make it an option so we can have meeting visible while working on
    something. because main window is so bulky minimum size is useless and only 4…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. we need to be able to delete items on all pages

add a delete to allow clean up of pages. Takes up too much stoage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There is no need of user been shown online when app is not running in background (mobile)

Android mobile application of teams behaves differently. Even when the app is not running in background, it still shows people that the current user is online. Infact the entire mobile user is shown online 24 hours without any reason. Expectations are that teams should automatically go in away status when it is not running in background. I am taking about the mobile scene. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. sharescreen with breakout groups

As the resource speaker, I would like to share my screen for all the created break out groups for my workshops and role plays. the screen will serve as their guide in the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide the ability for an organizer to help attendees with technical challenges/difficulties.

There are times when some attendees don't know or understand how to access certain features of a meeting. It would be extremely helpful if an organizer could provide assistance to that attendee (with permission of the attendee of course) to either a) take over their Teams instance and help change settings or b) annotate on the attendee's screen so s/he can see where the organizer is referring to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Modificar tiempo de cambio de estado / Modify state change time

Hace poco realice una actualización de skype empresarial a teams pero he observado que los tiempos en que se cambia de un estado a otro son diferentes. Es decir, antes para pasar de estado disponible a ausente se podía asignar un tiempo para que esto pasara. He revisado tanto en el centro de administración como en la aplicación de escritorio y no me ha sido posible encontrar donde hacer esto en teams para ampliar el tiempo mencionado. Sería muy agradable tener esta opción en la aplicación de escritorio como se hacía en Skype empresarial. Saludos.

I recently did a corporate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Window restore button after a video call does nothing

I work with Teams not maximized until I get a video call. When I get a video call I maximize the Teams window for the call. After the call, when I attempt to restore the Teams application window, the restore icon switches to the maximize button, but the Teams application window does nothing. It remains at full screen. The Teams application window should restore its size back to what it was before it was maximized like any other application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please give one manual refresh button in teams

i am using team application, every time show running issue please give one manual refresh button in teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable Toolbar Popup upon Keyboard stroke for Screenshots

We're actively using MS Teams in the workplace and taking individual notes and screenshots (window or full screen).
    However, any keyboard button press or mouse move/click prompts the toolbar to popup, so there is always a toolbar in the screenshots even at full screen view.

I'd like to at least have CTRL, SHIFT, ALT and PRNTSCRN and combinations to be excluded from raising the toolbar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When searching for an external user for one-to-one chat, hide the "Guest" entries and only show "External" entries

I am a guest in the Microsoft Tenant for weekly office hours. when someone tries to search for my account in the Microsoft Tenant, they are given two options. The "Guest" object or the "External User". If they message the Guest object, I have to switch to the Microsoft tenant to see the message and reply. Since all one-to-one chats should occur in my tenant, please hide "Guest" objects from these search results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow one (1) user to have two (2) Teams pages to be open at the same time rather than SharePoint.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to have separate & have Teams on 2 monitors at the same time say on two separate monitors. This limitation makes doing task within Teams more difficult than it needs to be, meaning being in a meeting following along on one monitor of Teams, & be able to access other Team channels on a second monitor at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy message

In Microsoft Teams, we do not have an option of Copying the message when i click on More options on right hand side of the message. We have to manually copy the entire message which copies the sender's name with date and time stamp. Can we have "Copy Message" option when we click on "More Options" on right hand side.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat Box Notification

Please change the orange flash/red number notification on the toolbar for a chat box to the actual chat conversation and not the main Teams box on the Toolbar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ability to hide view of yourself during video call (with your own video still on) It is very distracting to see yourself during a call

Need to add the ability to hide view of yourself during video call (with your own video still on) It is very distracting to see yourself during a call. This is a standard feature in other video conference programs. Also, the ability to move your own image to top center (where camera is) So that you are looking at the camera when speaking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have sound notifications on desktop computers, not just mobile

Needs sounds for notifications on desktop - for individuals with visual impairment a pop-up notification is inadequate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base