Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Basic drawing tools for both, presentator and spectator

I’m an architect and we usually do some sketches at the moment of the presentation.....
    Try the zoom basic tools....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give the option to remove call me feature/button.

Now that you only offer 60 minutes in Microsoft 365 Audio conferencing license, we want the option to remove the "Call Me" button for certain users or all users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. status timestamp and change history

To show a timestamp each time a status is set, and a history of changes so one can see how long a user has been "away," for instance.

Also, that if in a meeting, changing to BRB would blink the user so all can see that they've stepped away (restroom break, personal call, etc) and avoid calling their names into silence.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paste as link excel worksheet object or chart object into wiki

I want to be able to paste worksheet object links and chart object links into the wiki, so these can be edited in Excel and kept up to date in the wiki

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In the GNOME system tray menu, move the "Open" item to the top.

Currently, the "Open" menu item in the GNOME system tray menu is immediately above the "Quit". Move "Open" to the top of the menu, because (1) it is presumably the most frequently selected menu item, and (2) it prevents you from accidentally quitting the app when you mean to open it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How do i test my speaker and mic before a call?

How do i test my speaker and mic before a call?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Calendar views/categories

I would like to have the ability to categorize different meetings in my calendar and not have to see all of them at the same time. I don't always need to attend all the meetings I am invited to for the entire time and would like the ability to select and organize which meetings I visualize in the calendar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hovering over a tag shows users

I want to see which users have a tag while hovering over said tag in a conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Report anonymous users

Once the meeting is finished I would need to receive the names of the participants (including the anonymous) and the relevant time of connection.

The anonymous do not have to be grouped but to be provided separately, together with the names they used to partecipate to the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See participants video and audio settings

I like the features in Skype that we can see all participants and their video and audio settings: are they on mute or not, are they on video or not, are they presenting, etc. Teams only show if that person is on mute and not if that person is sharing video or not. I personally think that is more helpful than showing the small circle with the person's picture at the bottom of the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like to be able to post images in the Planner comments

We are trying to self-contain tasks to a single planner task so it'd be helpful if we could screenshot on our computer and then paste the image into planner's comments. Essentially we love the features of chat and would love to have those features inside the comment section of a task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Messaging an individual during a call

I would like to be able to send an individual text message straight from the current call users list without having to look for that person outside the call

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When you pin a person everyone in the meeting will see that person on their screen

When you pin a person that is in the meeting only the presenter can see the pined person. I would like for the whole group (class) to be able to see the person.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mac Teams notifications

I have disabled all notifications except for threads I started or interacted with or if someone @ pings me. But I am constantly bombarded with red +1 in the mac task manager, I find it hard to work seeing these all the time. Every time someone writes any message in our group chat I get notified, not by sound but seing this +1 on the App.

Please, please, please, please fix :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show all text instead of "show more", especially when "show more" takes up more space than the actual text

Often there is a "show more" button at the end of a message and the "show more" button takes up more vertical space than the actual text it shows you when you click it!

It's completely self defeating. I presume the intention is to save vertical space, but it actually wastes it, and infuriates me because I feel like I am always having to spend time clicking needless "show more" buttons.

If the "show more" button takes up more space than the text it shows when you click it, please display the text an no "show more".

Ideally, also, please…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clear "reacted to your message" notifications on chats you are looking at automatically

"X, reacted to your message" notifications appear in alerts and stay there even when you're looking at a chat where that reaction has happened. Would be nice if they auto-cleared if you were looking at them on a chat

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please Microsoft I am begging you

Please I am begging you Microsoft to show the person who kicks you wether it’s a student or teacher I keep on getting kicked left and right every time I enter the class I can’t study neither can I tell the teacher because some student is kicking me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent guest-to-guest chat

It is necessary to limit chats that are held only between guests.

To maintain security and compliance, guest user private chat must be conducted in the presence of users within the organization.

In the invited team, guests meet guests from another tenant.

We do not want to cause unnecessary multi-tissue contact.

Chat only between guests within your organization is important to protect your organization.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. changing meeting schedule from Microsoft Teams

Option to notify only added and deleted members when changing meeting schedule from Microsoft Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some updated version still donot have change background access

Change of background or making a blur background icon doenot exist even after updating Message says:

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/17/20.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base