Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open notification system api

"Let's kill email!" except all your notifications from webapps, fire off an email and while you're there actioning that you might as well email someone about what you've just been notified of... and other similar cases

Teams needs a simple, open API for notifications that can replace email, when developing an App you just point any notification to appear in Teams instead.

This then shifts people out of email and into to teams fully.

Would need some rules and categorisation like email, but this would help embed Teams as where people start their work and not Outlook.

I'd also envisage…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Web Client: when selecting contact put cursor in replay area automatically.

currently you have to select reply area yourself which is extra click. In most cases you want to reply anyway.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Help Tips Left Behind when Minimizing to System Tray

I've been noticing the app leaves behind help tips when I minimize the app to the system tray on windows 10 version 1703. I'm on a Latitude 7280 Intel Core i3 7th gen if that helps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I can't find my account info

user should be able to see his own account info

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. onenote tab fails to save changes - Web app or PC app

I have added a OneNote tab to a Teams Channel
    There is only one page to that OneNote
    A was able to work with the page and edit it for a while
    Then one day it started to give me an error :
    - Unsaved Changes: Unable to save page "Page Title"

I copied the content to a Word
    Deleted the OneNote Tab
    Readded a new OneNote tab
    Copied back the content from the Word doc

Then I was good for a while, but again it started to give me that same error after a few days.

Thanks for your…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Files can set default folder path or save opened folder.

Hi Teams,

When I open the Files in the Teams, I prefer to open my last folder or I can set default folder One Drive path in files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are deep in work, that results late replay

need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are in deep work, that results late replay.
    my idea is like you could add MS Team notifications to visual studio, that results ask things to work easy is the one way of enterprsing the application.
    and add a notification flag to right side corner like the star now added to this site as a number of notifications with glowing, that will be draggable to any place on the desktop itself
    please see the attached file star

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Banners show   where usernames have a space in them

When a username has a space in it (or a first and last name) the banner renders with   instead of the space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Overview

Why don't you start with a flow diagram or road map of what the product is comprised and what each component in the system is connected and what it accomplishes. Seems I have to draw my own overview diagrams to understand the new app based applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. .NET Standard nuget package

I'd love to see a .NET Standard library to use the API hassle-free in .NET Core.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Light notifier desktop application, like Yammer Notifier.

As the browser version is sufficient enough for me and my colleagues, we only need at desktop notification application which links to the browser version of Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have the equivalent of a favicon to identify tabs as notebook sections, web sites etc

It would be useful to have a visual indicator of content of different types of tabs. When displaying a web page, why not just take the favicon and display it on the tab. For OneNote tabs etc display an appropriate icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add hyperlinks in Table of Contents in Word for Mac

Table of Contents in Word for Windows allows the user to navigate directly to the location of a given item. On Mac this is not possible, or not directly enabled.
    Please add this feature as it is really helpful and necessary, especially in larger files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add mobile device support for hyperlinks in SharePoint word docs able to hotlink into ms teams rooms and chat (useful for work orders)

Though I'm sure there's a better way I'm currently making workorders in word documents located on share point sites that I then put into their own sharepoint Tab in Microsoft teams. then I send my employees a link to that word doc and at the end of the work order/ word doc it would be super useful to have a hyperlink that links back to the private chat so that they can confirm that they got the work order and check in etc. without a functioning hyperlink in that word doc it's a little clunky for them to get back…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 64-bit download suggestion downloads 32-bit application

On my 64-bit machine I was running the 32-bit client. The client tells me there is a 64-bit version available. After clicking the link, it downloads the 32-bit version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make your syncing work seamlessly - I'm losing work!

I just lost all my notes that I had added in one of my projects on Teams that was connected to OneNote. In general the syncing capabilities of office are terrible!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would love the ability to add only certain team members to a particular channel.

When copying an image from the web and pasting it into a post, the image appears to the person posting at first, but it will appear blank for other readers as well as for the message sender after returning to that page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. vote for ideas without receiving email updates

Not a complaint about Teams itself, but this feedback site. I'm happy to vote up existing ideas (and register to the site as I have done), but not a fan of being automatically subscribed to email notifications about it afterwards forevermore. Let us just vote please with no email subscription.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base