Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide the Take control icon from the users

I would like to hide the Take control icon on the content sharing option from the users who are not granted content sharing permission.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Want to delete the Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud license

I would like to delete the Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud license that is automatically shown in the license list in Microsoft 365 admin center if our internal users begin to use Microsoft Teams Trial.

Currently we cannot delete this license from the list. We do not need this license so I would like to delete it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Render and execute code in a Jupyter notebook tab

Add support to render Jupyter notebooks and execute code in a specified Jupyter server or hub.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need a chat head bubble like skype for business had when talking on the phone, it would follow me from window to window as i worked

Need a chat head bubble like skype for business had when talking on the phone, it would follow me from window to window as i worked

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams notifications.

In the teams section we should be able to turn on notifications the same way we receive them in individual chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Personalized Label for Contacts in Groups

When contacts (we use many external people) are added, we would like to be able to relabel (like name or title) them, instead of seeing their email address

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pop-up alerts

It would be great to have some kind of alert/notification popping up 5 minutes before a Teams Meeting, with a link to join the meeting ideally, as they have in WebEx (we just changed provider in my company and this is a very missed feature!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Action Buttons in Adaptivecard are always horizontally aligned on iOS

If you have several Action.Submit buttons in an Adaptivecard there alignment will be renderd on Desktop depending on the screen size.
    On iOS they are always rendered horizontally and have to scrolled. So you cannot see them without scrolling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Open files as Read Only or Open as PDF

It would be a good idea to have an option where user can Open a File (Word or Excel) either as Read Only or Open as PDF from Teams in order to prevent any accidental editing of a document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve integration on hybrid enviroment after password change for domain user

We found out that when we change password on DC, O365 tennant does not realize that there was password change for hour, maybe two.
    During that time when you send screen share other user does not even receive screen share request.

After 3-4 request attempts O365 request user to login again with new password.

I think DC ->O365 tennant password sync should be highest level communication, and preferably in realtime.

Also Teams shoud give user feedback that screenshare request was not succesfully sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the chat part morelike Skype

People are difficult to pull from the directory.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow a setting or option to allow visibility of individuals status message when viewing contacts.

In skype when I viewed contacts it was easy to identify when someone information to “Set Location” or “Whats Happening Today?” fields. It was useful in my organization to quickly view when someone was online and document that they were involved in a specific activity. It was also quick and easy to update when at lunch and when returning. I did not have to hover or click on the contact to see the message. In teams when I look at a contact I do not see any this message. The only way I see the message is to hover on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams Allows Any User To Hijack and Lock Domain With No Recourse

Someone, at some point in time, registered a teams account under our company domain. As a result, they are the "admin" with no verification that they own the domain, just that they have an email on the domain.

Now, no one from our domain can create a teams account, they receive an error on account creation saying someone else is the admin on this domain and can invite them, hard stop. Error does not say who this "admin" might be. MS support says there is no way to know who this "admin" might be, even internally at MS. We have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Uploaden van bestanden mogelijk maken

Het is vanuit de app niet mogelijk om bestanden te uploaden naar de teams omgeving dit zou wel moeten kunnen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The size of the Teams Ap on my computer is too large, make it skinnier and please help to erase the conversations if needed...

The size of the Teams Ap takes up too much of my screen, make it so we can make it smaller.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. files: let us delete files we have downloaded

there is no option to clean up my downloads. I would like to delete files I've exported/downloaded when no longer needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Popup notification shows up on active chat

At the moment there is still popup showing when you have the chat open. it only happens when working on multiple displays, when you have set Teams on the other screen and have your chat open with your colleague and then work on the other screen. You get the popup notification and it can be very annoying. I would like to prefer same as SfB that teams blinks on the notification bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Office ドキュメントをデスクトップ アプリで開くことが出来なくなった

Teams へアップロード済みの Excel、PowerPoint 等のOfficeドキュメントファイルを Teams または Office Online で編集中、「デスクトップ アプリで開く」を実行すると、Office デスクトップ アプリケーションが起動し、サインインを求められます。ここで、Teams に紐づけた Microsoft アカウントでサインインすると、『'ドキュメントのURI'を開くことができませんでした。』というメッセージが表示されます。
    そこで、Office デスクトップ アプリケーションで直接、ドキュメントのURI(SharePointへのリンク)を指定して開こうとすると、今度は『アクセスしようとしているサーバーは、このバージョンの Office でサポートされていない認証プロトコルを使用しています。』というメッセージが表示され、やはり開くことができません。
    Office デスクトップ アプリケーションのバージョンは、Office 2016(ボリュームライセンス版)です。
    前日までは問題なく開くことが出来ていたのですが、突然、このような現象が発生するようになりました。これは是非とも、解決して頂きたい問題です。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Emojis list obstruct the message view when a table is posted to the message.

When an emoji from the list on the top of the message is chosen and if the message is too long for which we need to expand the message, the list comes on the message for few seconds. It is an obstruction to view the message and a not so good user experience. Please fix the bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base