Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to covert a Team into a Channel under a different Team

I want to covert a Team into a Channel under a different Team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Virtual table with seats and variable volume levels based on distance to speaker

Virtual meetings are different than real ones, because you hear everyone at the same volume level. In real meetings you sit at a table and hear people near you louder than ones farther away and you can whisper to them or lean in so you don't disturb others. You can make a comment to your neighbor or ask him a quick question. You can't do such things in virtual meetings, because of the same volume level of all participants, which could lead to not being able to follow the thoughts of the speaker (maybe you were somewhere else with your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. File download or Jpeg files dowload must be made fast

Download files/ Jpeg/ pdf images to be made easier and faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Edit a sent message

In Skype, you can edit messages you've sent. In teams you can't, which is hard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I Have Multiple Teams Accounts and Need to View Them Simultaneously

My university has recently migrated to Teams, and my job has as well. I am unable to access both accounts at the same time, making it really hard to effectively monitor my school and career work simultaneously. I can see on similar posts that this was being worked on, but that was three months ago. Any updates?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fitbit watch OS Notifications

Would like to have notification on all smart watches including Fitbit watches, Apple watch, Android Wear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have a way to see if I'm optional to a meeting or mandatory

Have a way to see if I'm optional to a meeting or mandatory.
    Curently I can see that for other attendees, but I can't see it for myself.
    If I was listed in the attendee list it would solve the issue :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On premise solution for Governmental Organizations

It really is a shame that pure on-premise deployment is not an option at the moment. That means that Governmental Organizations working with classified informations and/or working in dedicated offline infrastructures do not have a natural upgrade path from Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2016 and Skype for Business 2015.
    In the EU this is a potential deal-breaker.
    This will eventually leave these customers with no other choice than to look for alternatives to the Microsoft products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow sign-in's from desktop app to multiple tennents like the IOS app

Allow the desktop app to connect to mutiple tenants without having to sign out. Like the mobile version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to invite individual classes to a meeting

Our school is experimenting with remote learning. I have created a Team for a module that I teach to multiple classes. However, when I schedule a meeting Teams will only allow me to select individual attendees or a channel, but not an individual class.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Audio Video selection front and center in Teams Meetings

When connecting to a meeting, please put the Audio and Video devices up front, show what Teams will be using and let me chose what to use.

I have a Surface Pro X connected to a headset, speakerphone and my monitor has speakers. Plus I dock in multiple locations with different hardware, conference rooms, home and work.

When joining a meeting, I never know which microphone or speaker is going to be used and usually don't think of it until I get into the meeting.

I would really like to see the hardware choices front and center when starting a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Secondary calendars on MS teams

I have a secondary calendar on my account. I can see that calendar and edit using the email webpage and calendar app for windows as well as the outlook app for windows. It allows me to color code items as they take place in different locations and require different prep in terms of time and attire. However, that secondary calendar does not show up on my Microsoft Teams calendar. Everything is on the same account but I only get the main calendar on MS teams making me look "available" at times where I have another meeting on my secondary calendar.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A setting to show your message as you type it in real-time

I'm a fast typist who frequently edits my messages after I've sent them. I think it would be helpful for some users to see in real-time exactly what I'm typing, down to the individual text characters perhaps.

Some suggested complimenting settings:
    * Enable/disable seeing real-time typing for all other and/or specific users (in case it's personally distracting to the user)
    * Setting to adjust the granularity of text to be shown in real-time (characters, words, sentences, paragraphs)
    * Setting to adjust polling rate (as the user, how fast do you want to see real-time text mutations?)

Thanks for the consideration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add user platform info

It would be nice if there was an indicator of the platform another member is using. For instance, if I know someone is on the mobile platform I'd be less likely to initiate tasks with them that are better suited for when they are on their PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notes on Assignements

It would be great if you would be able to comment on assignements that you get. That way whenever I look on what assignements I have I can be like: "Oh that one is for next week and that one I have to keep in mind to I do this and that." It would be best if you could see the notes on the outside of the assignement itself so I don't have to click on every single one. That would defeat the purpose of the notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to run a content search in the Compliance Center so that I can find all one-on-one chats between two specific users

I want to be able to run a content search where I can find personal Teams chats where one person is the sender and one is the recipient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include Organizational Network Analytics (ONA) as part of Analytics in MS Teams

In order to determine who are the influencers in the Teams and Channels we need ONA to be part of the Analytics in MS Teams. Determining who is contributing, and who is not, is critical for using this product in an Technical Support function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base