Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bug: call went down when changing tenant

I'm currently on 2 tenants and while being on a phone call in one of them I needed to switch to the other tenant to get a document. The phone link went down and had to re-open in Skype for Business to be able to access the documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Windows cannot find Teams using search

Trying to start teams is very manual. The windows search does not find a Microsoft product.

Hitting the windows key on the keyboard and typing "Teams" or even "Microsoft Teams" brings up no search results. I have to find the shortcut on my desktop or manually browse through all applications just to find it.

Our companies current solution (skype for business) that this will be replacing does not have this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Merge Edit team and Manage team

Merge the Edit team functionality into the Manage team area to improve team Owner's user experience by creating one area to manage a team's settings.

Whilst helping someone understand the options to find other teams, I felt that the Edit Team functionality were you can change a team to public might be better placed within Manage team, right beside the Team code section. In fact, why not just bring the entire Edit team functionality (three fields in total) into the Manage team area?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mentioning someone with @ should not post to chat

This is the way it is documented:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-and-use-a-wiki-tab-in-teams-35ec762d-72ec-4d7f-b858-2949f6cb6014

Specifically: "To talk with a teammate about a page, just @mention them in a section. This comes in handy when you want feedback or you're waiting on someone else to contribute a section to your page. Once you @mention someone, they'll receive a notification in their Activity feed. Clicking that takes them directly to the section that needs their attention."

But the reality is that it opens up a discussion to the channel chat when I mention someone in a wiki. This is not how it's supposed to work and this leads…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: I cannot create a new team.

There is no tile for "create a team" on my screen. Could you please help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. error message when adding person to shifts

The following error message keeps coming up when I'm trying to add a particular person to Shifts (in Teams):

"We ran into a problem saving the member. Please try again later"

I have tried several times and still the same error message. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It is very necessary being able to split the desk app in several windows. One for Chat, one for Phone, Files...

I work with two screens. I'd like to be able to have my chats/phone in one screen and the rest (documents, teams, meetings, etc) in another one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. by deleting it and giving us skype for business back...

sorry to say - but for us who use skype for business for important communication this way of introducing a product absolutely not anywhere near the old skype for business version is not impressive.

it is a clear educational case of how not to do regarding procedure, communication, product and customer experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. files protection

I d like protect a files posted on my team. I know than i can find on sharepoint but i'd like than a member can't delete.. can we do that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. iOS push notifications with guest

iOS push notifications as a guest.

When the Teams iOS app is closed and or I have not switched organisations within the app to the specific guest account, I need notifications from chat, Team chat, calls and video to create a notification bubble over the app icon on the home screen. When the iOS device is locked, I need the notifications for these activities to pop up as there would for activity on our own tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No systray notificatins

Banner are very big and annoying. A systray icon change as notification would be enough. Also I don’t understand why I can’t set the afk/busy timeouts my self in the settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allowing Teams mobile apps to set the e-mail notification to off

I would like you to enable users to set a notification off on mobile apps like Teams client or web app does.
    For Teams mobile apps users, administrators need to sign in those users’ account to change the setting via Teams desktop or on the web, this is a time-consuming process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove the useless feed !!!!!!!!!!

Remove this pice of ****, you keep showing me a like made by a stupid collegue evry ffking day!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Shifts" improvements.

Hi Developers!
    Thank you for your time and everything you've done to make it working. Let me propose a few ideas about SHIFTS app.

As for me it could be very useful app to control working schedule and process incoming requests.

1. Under week view - highlight by grey color (or any other) a column of a current day so it would be easily recognized. Same for working hours that could be set in the settings

2. "Open shifts" row - would be goof if we can hide it in the settings.

3. Set standard working schedule. For now you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep playing Video audio when Phone is locked

When watching a Video File or Stream Theater Video Stöpsel playing when the phone is locker. Would be better to have an option to keep playing audio when app is not in focus or phone is locked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add the Ability to Schedule a New Conversation

Allow owners or members to be able to schedule the start of a conversation. Allowing the content of a conversation to be staged ahead of time and the conversation started at a specified time.

Use Cases:
    1. When on-boarding users to teams have the ability to have a series of canned conversations that give the new team or user pointers or tips on how to start using the team/channel.
    A new daily post for several days that orients the user to how to use teams.

2. On larger teams the owner may plan conversation(s) ahead of time for various purposes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To avoid confusion with several topics

I like the WhatsApp function where you can reply to a specific message. Helps avoid confusion when there are several topics being discussed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Convenience

I try to use team app everyday. But somethings really bug me, especially when I try to use chat, files. conversations, and meetings at same time. It is possible I can have options to separate those apps . Because it is very difficult to use different functions at same time. I very easily lose track, and I think it’s not hard to have options to drag them in Different taps. Thank you! I can show you what I mean if u like. It will be so great f these get modified or fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base