Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please help make this function available in Teams, as attached. It is important for

Please help make this function available in Teams, as attached. It is important for online teaching. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Guest to have access to the Whiteboard function

And for the function be available on ios app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Room control screen to be displayed, not to be deactivated after 60s

I'm deploying Crestron MS team room. However the "Room Control" display will be deactivated after 60s no matter what. we want to control we can see at the first place.

Can we have a separated APP running instead of a 2nd monitor extension? and we need API to recall some function team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I need a clear alert if someone pings me when i am in meeting with other person

When i am in call, if sombody pings me then the alert is not clearly popups/visible as like skype and we miss the messages some time in those situations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase the video channels on Teams group conference call

We are forced to use Zoom which allows more than 12 video chats at the same time. I would love to see Microsoft Teams to have that ability. I know they can!

We are Deaf people who have no uses for audio chat so we rely heavily on the video calls. The more, the merrier. Zoom already does it and they does it well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Increase the number of Tags that can be created in a team

The new tags feature is awesome but I would like to be able to create more than 25 tags.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. view chat feed alongside shared screen

When I am presenting in webex or similar I can view the conversation feed alongside my shared screen. I can also see the status of my attendees. In Teams when I present I lose the view that everyone else can see. I need to my screen to chat to see what comments and questions have come in but I really want to keep my presentation up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Teams app to Sign In using credentials after every SignOut

After we hit on sign in button in mobile app, it directly logs in without asking for credentials. Due to which even Outlook can be accessed without giving PIN. I feel PIN should be asked even if single sign on is enabled.
    Normally Outlook asks for PIN number when we try accessing it after certain idle time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Name Change/Editing

My last name has a space in it. This results in MS Teams using the wrong letters for my initials which is not professional and there really needs to be an option to edit a users name. I use this tool for work and am constantly asked why it is WRONG!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. delete gif

Sometime people include GIF, Emojis or Videos that might not be work appropriate or are distracting.

While I can delete it from a chat that I inserted it, it appears that I cannot delete someone else's "contribution" from their chat or Team>General>Post.

Can we delete their clutter or bad stuff, so it does not live there forever?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Blocking and Absent Lateness Contact HR

Please Can you add a way of blocking a staff member. I would like a way my comments to be hidden from a member of staff. I would like a way to say say to a Manager that I am running late or absent without the whole group seeing. I would like like this app to allow the member of the manger running the shift that I am running late. I think that would be better as calling absent line no one answers and does not work. Also I would like a way to contact HR team in regards to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to move tabs left of posts and files.

When using a channel to capture collaboration for an initiative or project, there is a desire for the first tab to be an overall announcement/Status Tab. This would be in the form of a splash like page or PPP format that shows what state the initiative is in and recent progress and problem stalls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Permit me to set up a daily work schedule to notify my team. This way one can quickly determine my availability.

Permit me to set up a daily work schedule to notify my team of my availability especially at the beginning and end of the day. This way one can quickly view my status before calling or sending a chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link one Channel to another Channel in a different Team

Can we create a channel that does not contain any chat content but instead redirects to another channel in a different team?

For example, if I create "Service Desk" in my MS Team it would redirect to "Help Desk" in the corporate MS Team.

It would reduce the number of clicks a user needs to make in order to navigate to the final destination. This linking would only link out to a channel in a different team and not to a channel in the current team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base