Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add functionality to add tasks/actions which can independent of channels. These can be sharable with team members.

A tabular list of actions and owners would be great help. If I can add my and my teams tasks in one place with owners (me or specific team member). Allow to change owners. Make it available on cloud for any devise to access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mylyn Support for Development environment integration

Can the tickets be linked to the development environment using Mylyn? This would help in managing the projects and resource allocation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring back the Rock'n'Roll Fingers/Headbanger Emoji!

My brand took a big hit when this was removed in the migration from Skype. I kid, but it truly was a favorite and fully understood, coming from me, internally and with my clients externally. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show views or have a 'like' feature

As a PR professional I would like the ability to see how many people have viewed the Wiki. This usage stat would help users target content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My keyboard stops to work when I start a video call

Every time I start a new video call, my keyboard stop to working.

So, after 2 or 3 minutes, it starts to type some random letter continuously

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Put all the teams in a column at the side again

The teams used to all be in a column on the side however aren't anymore making it more difficult to navigate when it was easier to click on the team at the side

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. if you dont have a previewer for a file then just download the thing instead of trying to show a preview and apology

trying to show the preview screen when you dont have a previewer is a waste of my time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Colour Code Time Off Requests

Have each Custom Option for Time Off Requests as a different colour, instead of having to manually change each time you choose an option. This would make things so much easier to see at a glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. srs v2

Crestron Flex systems show time at 24h mode, but when I press new meeting and tsw moved invitees page clock is showing 12h mode(check attachment). Crestron says that only Microsoft can configure application setting and set time to 24h mode. Elsewhere clock time mode is 24h mode and that is set to tsw and UC engine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Channel chat

Channel "Posts" is the worst UI and design ever for a team chat. For real work between developers who participate in different projects or parts with the same people, we need a proper channel chatroom tab (not just use a multi-person chat, as we want to have multiple chatrooms). It should look like the attached, without replies, names above, margins, clutter, etc. and a proper non-WYSIWYG Markdown editor, because the "easy weasy smiley" stuff cannot possibly infer what we want to do from the cursor position with regards to formatting tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams rooms direct share

Would like to see the same features that the Zoom Room system has. Direct share allowing to project a pc screen to wirelessly via teams app or by url

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. status goes away when teams is minimised

Teams status changes to yellow (busy) when Teams is not the active window.

For example, if I'm in a web browser, the teams app changes status to Yellow (busy).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. provide the ability to send a link to a meeting without having to schedule anything

provide the ability to send a link to a meeting without having to schedule anything...like webex

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Move an email thread in outlook to a teams conversation thread in teams, where this would be more appropriate (and vice versa)

Move an email thread in outlook to a teams conversation thread in teams, where this would be more appropriate (and vice versa

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Prevent team owners from adding tab connectors

"Manage teams" allows you to control the addition of tabs and connectors by regular users, but you want to make sure that this applies to team owners as well.
    Currently, you can only set from this item, so I would like to use PowerShell cmdlets, for example, to restrict functions with additional administrative rights.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Properly Integrate Teams and SharePoint Project Sites

There should be seamless integration between Teams and a SharePoint Project site - otherwise what's the point of a separate Team space? It duplicates work and data! For example, when somebody creates a SharePoint project site, it should automatically create a new Team. As users are added to the SharePoint site they should be automatically added to the Team and vice-versa.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability so save documents, wiki and posts to the computer

It would be great if it's possible to download all content from a teams page i.e. posts, wiki and documents, to a folder on the computer for archiving purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DBX to PST Converter Tool - ZOOK Software

ZOOK DBX to PST Converter easily export multiple DBX files into Outlook PST format in few seconds. It is user-friendly application which can be easily managed to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook data in few seconds.The email structure of file contains To, Cc, Bcc, From, sender, receiver, etc. all will remains same. It provides an accurate 100% result of conversion of DBX files into a PST.The utility can smoothly work on any Windows version. It supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and all below editions of Windows OS.users can use the free demo of the utility and test the entire…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base