Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tenant issue

I have met the issue when I could not move to own tentent if I moved other guest tenant.
    I have to sign out apps if I would like to move back to tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. non-default ringtone selection does not stick - Desktop

In the Settings you can (it would seem) select a different ringtone for incoming calls. I have done this numerous times, and it always reverts back to Default.
    You can set a new ringtone, close settings, open settings, and it is back to Default. It doesn't stick at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "conversation" term confusion

You should coordinate with Office 365 Groups team with your naming convention. We started heavily rolling out Teams and O365 groups within organization and many users are confused how "conversation" within O365 group is not matching "Conversation" in teams. They think it is the very same thing. Here is my proposal:

• They should either be the same. PROS: In such a case everything be in the same place you can continue, additionally if someone outside of group sends email to O365 group email it will be displayed in conversation in teams (reduces need to read emails). CONS: If you have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. settings / usage option

teams is a pretty bulky program, is there a way to change the settings to modify the look or the features used to a more sleek less ram eating platform? I'd like to just use the messenger feature and turn off the other features so it doesn't take up space and memory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat entries on the go!

When typing out a message then locking the PC before sending. Sync the text to phone so you can finish edit and send.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tag/Untag RMB and Settings and Visual Indicator of Change

Currently:

- You can RMB and click "Notify When User Available"

- In Settings you can persistently Tag a user for a Change In Status for Available or Offline

First Issue: There is no visual indicator by the user's name in Recent or Contacts that the user is tagged for status change. This needs to be "fixed" as you may have tagged someone "this morning" or "yesterday" and it no longer is important.

Assuming the verbiage is literal, here are some other issues and usability considerations:

- Tagging a user is an On-Demand type of feature.  Burying it under Setting/Notification/bottom
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share the Status of All Office 365 Services

We need a better status page that can be visible to customers directly. It would also be great to have RSS messaging that we can use to drive internal status pages if we want to customize and select services.

Microsoft currently has a status page if you are an admin and also a public status page at https://portal.office.com/servicestatus, but it is incomplete because it doesn't list all O365 applications. Two examples of apps missing are Microsoft Teams and Microsoft SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unexpected results while converting time zones on Windows Server

(from https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/ce4d6470-6e2a-4592-b211-5ec8e0bf80fa/unexpected-results-while-converting-time-zones-on-windows-server?forum=winservergen)

In working with time zone conversions, I ran into some unexpected results. The examples below show a couple of the anomalies. My understanding is that all of the EU changes to or from Summer time at the same time (through the end of March 2021, at least [end of time changes in EU]), so shouldn't the local time in the adjacent time zones always have offsets that are one hour apart, even on the day that the offsets change?

Here is an example in PowerShell:

$d = Get-Date '2019-10-26 20:30:00 -04:00' # Eastern Time doesn't fall back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the bug

It doesn’t allow users to close the phone or go to lock screen , it ends the call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignment

I really enjoy using Teams, but the assignment function really needs a lot of improvements.

I feel that this is one of the main functions, but it is getting the least attention. For one, the look is terrible. The words do not even align.

Secondly, the use of the assignment function is rather difficult to use. It takes me more time to open the learner’s work than to mark the work. When compared to other apps, the Teams app is not marker friendly.

Lastly, it seems that the assignment suggestion are not getting any attention. I know that Teams is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quote after long-press messages

The msteam should have an option to quote message after long pressing it.
    Currently it only have like, mark unread, save, copy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable general users to access data even after deleting teams

If you delete teams, general users are not able to access and see the data of the team while the data is held by setting Retention policy. Currently, only admins can see the data.
    So, please enable general users to access data because they need to do so even after deleting teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need to be able to utilize Visual Basic in Excel within Microsoft Teams. Can only use functionality if you Edit in Excel.

Need to be able to utilize Visual Basic in Excel within Microsoft Teams. Can only use functionality if you Edit in Excel. When you view a file in Teams, many people can see it and edit at the same time and it does not lock anyone out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Messages marked as read even tough focus is not on Teams

If I have a Chat opened with Tom in a tab, and change focus to another app (without changing tabs on the browser), when Tom sends me a message it will be marked as read and no notification will be sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base