Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit on sizing the app box

PLEASE LET US MAKE THE APP BOX AS SMALL AS WE WANT. Don't limit the sizing. Highly annoying. Tell this to the Skype people too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put a conversation box at the end of each conversation instead of a reply.

Title says it all. Users are not using the app properly and conversations are fragmented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conversations more concise...

Don't need to have my messages one side and other people the other side. Make it more clean and more concise.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make all content searchable in O365 user portal

As teams might replace the communication platform on our intranet in our department, it would be great if the O365 user portal search would include the discussion just like OneDrive documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to opt out of notification on macbook pro

Option to opt out of notification on macbook pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No back option when file isn’t viewable in teams

iOS app when opening a Visio document user cannot view or open in Visio App. MOST important you don’t get a back button or option in Teams, so you must close out of app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Office 356 F1 + Microsoft Teams

Can Microsoft verify that subscription Office 365 F1 supports Microsoft Teams.
    According to the Subscription description I should have access to MS Teams(https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-f1), however according to the article below Office 365 F1 is not in the list of supported subscriptions:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-do-I-get-access-to-Microsoft-Teams-fc7f1634-abd3-4f26-a597-9df16e4ca65b

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Too much Network usage

Teams takes up too much network usage on startup (I think when navigating to a chat with many GIFs).

It may not be noticeable on a network with unlimited fast internet, but on a network with 4mb down and 2mb up, it is. I saw in task manager Microsoft Teams is using 2-3mb of the network. This stays like this for quite a while.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See application logo in task bar

It would be helpful to see the logo of the used application next to the name of the App in the taskbar.
    See also attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams very slow

The teams are very heavy.
    I use an i5 8GB computer and even then it is very slow to switch between channels.

Also hangs constantly.

When we send the image, sometimes it does not appear ...

You will need to improve the teams a lot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. If you are not owner of a team, you should'nt be able to see the "Create a channel" tab

You can still see the "Create a channel" tab even if you are not the owner of the team.
    And as I know, you can't create a channel if you are not the owner. So, this is quite disturbing.
    Plus, the error message is not very clear. It only says "An error occurred while creating the channel" but doesn't tell us which problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. more channels

I've favorited all of the channels I have access to, and yet, Teams is telling me I have 148 more? And yet, if I click the 148 more, there is nothing there. That 148 continuously increases with any action within teams. Further, colleagues who haven't favorited all of them, now can't even see them because there's nothing there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Question

Is there a way to upload an Excel document into a team within Microsoft Teams that auto saves as the various team members add to it/edit it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi Arielle,

You can upload the excel as a file within the Team, which allows team members to edit and save directly to Teams or you can add a tab to the Team with the Excel file.

Thank you,
    Brooke

15. give the chance to add links to a channel. maybe as a new page in a channel

give the chance to add links to a channel. maybe as a new page in a channel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi Juanjo,

You can add a Tab to a channel using the + sign in the upper right corner, you can choose to add a website or you can add a wiki if you are wanting to list out various links.

Hope this is helpful!

Thank you,
    Brooke

16. edited comments not flagged

There is a way to edit one's own comment - which is good, however, if one edits a comment, it is not flagged as an edited comment. This can lead to people not noticing the edit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

They are! Just see next to the time stamp of the message — it will say “Edited.”

17. Custom connectors

to integrate our systems & it data along with our Team in an effective way. May be there is some way and it is not very obvious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

We have this — just click the ellipses next to the channel name when you are in the channel, and it will have a fly out that says “Connectors.”

18. I want to be able to change the order of files in the file tab on a tablet device

I'm using a tablet device, but the file order is fixed in order of the new date.

As with desktop clients, we would like you to improve the function so that you can freely select and sort names and types.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to sort files in "Other" on the File tab

I want to be able to sort files in "Other" on the Files tab in the team.

By making it possible to move unnecessary files arbitrarily, it is possible to improve work.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When using team code, I want to ensure that only a specific user can use it

After issuing the team code, I want to prevent the team code from being used by specific users.

Because unintended users may join the team.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.