Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

2,818 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

553 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Airpods

I couldn't hear people talk nor could they hear me when I had my airpods connected to my device. Only happens with teams so I know the problem is not my airpods plus I have confirm with other coworkers who have the same thing happen.

2,237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

595 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

811 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full integration with AirPods with Teams

Currently Teams loses connection to AirPods once AirPods are disconnected (as after a call). For the next call, AirPods don't connect without re-starting Teams. This is annoying AF

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unmute headset microphone using physical mute button during Teams Meetings (fails 66% of the time)

Microsoft partially released hardware mute control to Teams ~ August of 2018, but since then I have experienced MORE issues vs less with call control. Here's the scenario:

• Inside a Teams conference or call, press the hardware mute button on the headset. Teams matches this with a software mute as well 100% of the time.

• Try to unmute the call from the hardware button on the headset, and I find that Teams only software-unmutes ~30% of the time.

Microsoft reference a handful of models with known issues, but I suggest that many, many more models suffer these problems, such as…

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for Apple CarPlay

Will be nice that Microsoft Teams is integrated with Apple CarPlay so controls like mute/unmute can be done on the car controls.

Now when I have a call/meeting inside Microsoft Teams while Driving, the Phone is kept on and I need to control the call from the Phone.

On the car screen I see it as a phone call.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow the use of existing USB handset like Polycom CX300

Would love to be able use our existing investment in devices like the Polycom CX300 USB handset with Teams. I can understand why LPE devices won't be supported, but would like to see simple USB phones supported with the client.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for existing Skype-Compatible wireless headset devices (Jabra, Sennheiser, etc.)

Make Teams compatible with wireless headsets (USB or Bluetooth) that are able to be used with Skype.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Should work with Bluetooth Headsets

Teams should work with wireless bluetooth headsets. Why work with a select few such as Plantronics or Jabra. I have a brand new Beats 3 and it is useless with this product. Supposedly it has the newest chip for connecting seamlessly with products.
    Thanks,

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bluetooth Headset - Volume Adjustment

I use an Apples AirPods Pro Bluetooth headset with Teams and find that the sound level is hard to control. I experience that the volume level is very high and only when I adjust to a volume setting as low as 1 or 2 it is acceptable for Teams meetings.

Further, setting up the use of Bluetooth headset with Teams seems unnecessary complicated.

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to upgrade the user experience when using a Bluetooth headset.

I run Teams via a HP Elitebook laptop and via the Teams app on an iPhone.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Audio Device Settings

Hello, I really stuggle to toggle between audio devices using teams as it doesn't seem to automatically use the audio device chosen on the PC and I can't seem to be able to change this directly from teams.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video isn't working We couldn't use your webcam for video.

When using the video call feature for meetings, I get the error: "Video isn't working
    We couldn't use your webcam for video." However, my webcam works for other programs. Would like this to be resolved, as I use video conferencing for work often.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The engineering team continues to actively investigate reports of camera issues.

Some things to try/be aware of:
    1) Resolved: Windows Insider build 19592 had a regression that caused cameras not to work in Teams. As others on this thread have stated, this has been resolved in 19603 – thanks for confirming!

2) Issues on Windows 10: When your camera isn’t working in Windows 10, it might be that the drivers are missing after a recent update. It’s also possible that your anti-virus program is blocking the camera or your privacy settings don’t allow camera access for some apps. This help page has a virtual agent to help resolve those issues: https://support.microsoft.com/help/13753/windows-10-camera-does-not-work

3) Issues on Mac: Many times the issue is that Teams doesn’t have access to the camera. Please see this apple support article to resolve.
    https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-your-camera-on-mac-mchlf6d108da/mac

4) If you are still encountering problems, and are willing to give…

15. Attach picture from camera for student work in assignments

Please give students the option to take a picture with their camera when attaching student work to an assignment.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Jabra Pro Headphones Bluetooth compatibility - Mircosoft Teams Calls

Jabra Pro Headphones Bluetooth compatibility - Mircosoft Teams Calls

Multiple individuals have reported poor quality calls or dropped calls when using any bluetooth headset (especially Jabra brand)

I haven't personally done extensive testing but more than 500 users have reported this since using teams back in March. Skype works fine and the headsets work fine outside of Teams.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Jabra integration with teams

Jabra currently highlights integration with Skype and Microsoft lync. Will the option for Microsoft Teams be provided?

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call

Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call. This is a great feature - but it would be great if the background could be set as the default up front vs. during/in the call

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Turn off video when the workstation is locked

When locking the workstation, the video stream should automatically stop sending video to avoid that others in the call can watch your room while your workstation is locked and you're away. Someone else walking up to your computer will see only the lock screen and may not be aware that the camera is turned on and transmitting video.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base