Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows app should be in the Windows store

Even if there won't be a modern UWP app for Teams, the Win32 app should be available through the Microsoft Store so it is discoverable by Windows 10 users (that's where I looked first, with no luck of course).

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still in the works. There was some adjustments to the overall strategy.
    I’ll try to get some additional details and share them with you.

-Warren

2. Make Teams a UWP or WPF Application

Teams needs to be coded in something that isn't web-based. It is a core application of O365 and we need something more efficient. WPF or UWP would be fantastic. Right now the lag in switching between tabs (~0.5 sec) and the continuing resource use (450MB+ memory) is not acceptable at scale.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can not use the airpods in microsoft teams there is some restriction with the device

I can not use the airpods in microsoft teams there is some restriction with the device

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would like to propose a similar feature like whatsapp wherein only admin can send messages in the group.

Hi team,

I work in the customer service department and i have 50 agents working in the team however in order to give them real time update about the process etc. i message in the group however with plenty of messages from the agents as well, it becomes very confusing for them to locate my update so i was wondering if microsoft teams can have a similar feature like whatsapp wherein only Admin can send messages. This will surely add a value to the existing features available on teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember window size

When reopening the app it resizes the window to only use about on third of the screen; I would like it to remember my last settings (i.e. maximised window).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep Teams for S Mode alive, and give us a Live Tile while you're at it ;)

This would be great..... I really hope we can keep using a Microsoft Store version of Teams, and I would love to see it with a Live Tile

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prohibit capture on other side screens when sharing teams meetings

If I had a Teams meeting and shared the screen, would I be able to capture the other side of the screen? Can you also set it to not be captured?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please Add search functionality in chatroom

Please add feature search button functionality in chatroom or chatbox

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Could Camera settings provide 2 choices - 1. content / 2. default , and not prevent user from saving settings?

The MTR release 4.3.33.0 on 1/10/2020 camera setting options is creating lots of confusion on default camera vs content camera.

Currently the only option in settings for camera is "content camera" and if user chooses their default camera ( not content certified) but recognized by windows it gives an error preventing user from saving chosen settings.

Lets make it simple and easy for the user. Camera settings should provide 2 choices - 1. content / 2. default , and not prevent user from saving settings.

Below is input from customer.

"In the camera setup when i select the Logi Group…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. c

if the teams has screenshot function, it will be better

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can team works with couples @ the family level?.

Do you think this tool can help couples to coordined better with the family objetives.
    Sometimes is difícult to trace the progress or follow up some activities.
    Family is manage like business why not to use teams for family ?? Of course some features need to add and maybe family license as well !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New W10S preview app doesn't work for guest accounts.

Like mentioned, the new preview app doesn't let me sign in as a guest. My email address is an Outlook.com one and I have been invited to a Team and can login fine on Web and on Android. It's just the new preview where I can't log in because it tells me that it doesn't appear to be a work or school email address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Free MSG to EML Converter Software

Use MSG to EML Converter for the instant conversion of the MSG files to the Windows Live Mail. It is a reliable utility that performs well without the installation of any additional utility. MSG to EML Converter offers the users to perform the batch conversion of the files with all the extra file attachments. The original hierarchy of the MSG files is well preserved by this utility even after the conversion process. Moreover, it can also maintain the meta properties and data integrity of the MSG files.

visit at more info; https://www.osttopstapp.com/msg-to-eml.html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto Restart Problem Windows 10

How to auto restart problem windows 10.
    see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGjTboFlog . from this video my issue was not solve. please let me know. How to do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please !!!!! remove these very disturbing pictures everywhere!! Thanks

Please !!!!! remove these very disturbing pictures everywhere!! Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. file links

In file explorer you can easily "send to" a copy of the file, but better yet, you should be able to right click on a file, click "send to", and have a copy hyperlink option. You could paste this anywhere. it would make pointing co workers to shared files much easier.

Now to do that, you have to copy the file path, as stated above, click on the file name and copy that, then manually merge them and hyperlink it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. OneNote`s Format is wrong by Microsoft Teams

OneNote`s Format is wrong by Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 메모리를 너무 많이 차지해요

매번 시작시 자동 실행되고, 지속적으로 켜있으면서 메모리를 나무 많이 차지해요
    사용 메모리를 줄여야해요

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams for Windows 10 S still doesn’t work on Windows 10 S / Surface Go.

Fix it. It has been busted for months. Really poor customer experience. Works on an iPad Pro.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base