Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share more information with us, please!

"How can you make Microsoft Teams better?"
    > This is no technical feature..

1. More updates on top X ideas. More interaction with the people who are using the App. People who take the effort to post/vote ideas feel left out if you stop providing updates or don't respond at all. This is not just a forum that can exist without a moderator. This is an enterprise corperation's official UserVoice site. Meaning, no voice of the corporation = bad

2. Provide an up to date roadmap. The current roadmap is great, it looks nice (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CLaunched). Sadly most uservoice…

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "What's Changed" overlay (Coachmarks)

You should have a "what's changed" overlay everytime it updates, or at least a pinned topic on this page with a summary of the changelogs.
    Given that it is a new product, some updates might include the missing feature that a team is waiting to switch over to Teams and it would be good to be able to discover this.

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I’m super excited about this one! This should help the daily user experience tremendously. Looking forward to bringing this to you.

3. stop suggesting the mobile app

Every time I start the desktop app I get a banner at the top suggesting the mobile app. Please make a way to disable ads.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still under review by the feature team.

-Warren

4. Usage policy on first access

Option to have a new user to agree with an usage policy on first access of Teams like it is available for Yammer.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save Conversations to Outlook

We are moving from Lync/Skype to Microsoft Teams at work. One of the features Lync had was the ability to have conversations automatically saved to a folder in outlook.

This gave me the ability to have a record of a conversation that could be attached to emails as needed.

If Microsoft Teams has this functionality, I have not been able to find it. I can only see the ability to copy and paste a conversation, which is easily editable.

Does Microsoft Teams have this capability or are there plans to add it?

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Minimum System Requirements

Would like to see what Microsoft's minimum recommended Hardware and Software requirements are for Teams, in a published document somewhere.

Does anyone else think that we should have this information from Microsoft?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable to modify the Teams Help page

We know there's plenty of Teams resources and help guides. But often an organisation will make their own guides that reflect the context of their organisation. It may include the "why" Teams to your particular organisation, governance, case studies of some project/teams using it successfully, and so on.

Where does an organisation make these Teams resources available
    - on their Intranet would be the most obvious place

But I also think in the Teams help page within the Teams app would also be a good place
    - pity you can't bake in your organisation's Teams resources into this page
    -…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams Intro Video

There is no way to exit the Intro Video. I had to close the Tab. Add a close button.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Whoa, good catch! Thanks Matt. I’ll send this over to the team so they can fix.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

10. How can we add external org contacts in Teams. this was relatively easy to do in skype for business but not in Temas

I have enabled external access in org-wide settings, but in Teams, I still cannot add external users.

The message in teams says, we can't set up the conversation because your org are not set up to talk to each other.

In skype for business, we regularly talk to each other. so both orgs are set up. In teams it does not want to add the same contact

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Teams Free not usable/accessible

I try to promote Microsoft Teams by recommending the usage of Microsoft Teams Free to my contact partners, especially to use the 'share the desktop' functionality.

But none of the three persons who tried to install the Microsoft Teams Free app on their windows PC were able to get the app run. It stuck in the process of registering or creating an account. There was the massage "Sie sind noch nicht in teams aber Sie können es für Ihre organisation einrichten" and then there was a loop with always coming back to the starting page of the registering process.

These…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Where are my Skype for Business confirmed external Contacts? MS cuts the small business with a lot of external contacts off from intl com

Again Not A Good Day by MS!
    For small businesses you are really the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) of IT!!!
    You "very inteligent and un-thoughtful" people shut off Skype for Business to install your Team App without properly transfering the confirmed external contacts from SfB to Teams.

Thanks a bundle for wrecking my international business communication!!!

Now I have to reinstate by reinvitation dozens of external contacts again - and I don't even have access to the contact list I had on SfB.

You are really the wrecking ball for the small business customers!!!!

If you **** up again like this…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep sync OneDrive offline folders from teams

When changing computer keep synced offline OneDrive folders from teams or ability to sync to offline folder on desktop.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Modify You've Been Added to a Team email

It would be nice to be able to modify the initial "You've Been Added to a Team" email to include links to overviews or internal support materials, best practices, etc. This will help us guide first-time users in getting started in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When creating a new team from the Teams Templates Copy SharePoint Lists

When you have created a Team and you have created a SharePoint list in the background it is not copying this list over.
    I setup a OneNote with some information about the Template and this was not copied over.
    I setup a Planner tab with some build in tasks and this was not setup and all information gone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. first launch tutorial

Teams introduces a lot of new concepts and features, especially for "non-millennials" but even for "millennials".

There should be a quick, interactive tutorial on first launch that calls out how this app works. For instance, what is a Team, what is a channel, what do @channel and @person conversations do/alert, what do favorites mean, use the add content to tabs for easy access, etc.

As a whole department, it collectively took us a while to figure it out (and still haven't figured out everything). Why not give us a quick, 30-60 second rundown of this very new concept of Teams…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams should stop disconnecting me all the time. I constently have to "sign in again"...

Teams should stop disconnecting me all the time. I constently have to "sign in again"...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Outlook Integration - Email Draft Recipient check against Teams

Need help on the switch from the old paradigm of communicating to a team via email to the new one using tools like teams.

It seems people need lots of reminders, they often revert to the old habit of email even after being added to a team..

maybe some sort of outlook/teams awareness (plugin/etc) to help encourage teams use in some cases?

Such as:
    <outlook notification>
    All Recipients of this email are members of Team X; would you rather use MS teams (<link to team>) for this communication?

etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft Teams for everyone

Release a version of teams that is free to use or at least only requires Office 365 consumer. Make it the go to app for collaborating on non-commercial projects and with family members and friends.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.