Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Take over locals from windows - or at least allow them to be set

Allow me to use my language, 24 h clock and similar
    Plus it could proof read my chats accordingly

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maintain Australian English Language Settings on Desktop Application Update

Microsoft has advised us that:-

We have discussed this issue with Teams desktop client language with our technical advisor and we have found that Teams desktop client only picks up the OS language when you have set a Teams supported language in the OS and unfortunately, English Australia is not a supported language for MS Teams. Hence the users need to setup the English Australia manually in Teams desktop client and by design it will switch back to the default English UK when Teams client is signed out or uninstalled or auto updated.
    Refer: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-your-display-language-in-microsoft-teams-293792c3-352e-4b24-9fc2-4c28b5de2db8
    We request you to share…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hour format be different from the interface one

If I am in France, I would like to have the interface in English, but the number/hour/currency formatting in French.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. International settings are false

Why Microsoft still binds country and language? For example Finland is a bilingual country and the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Yet Sweden has slight differencies for eaxample in date format. Thus choosing Swedish/Sweden is not the correct choice. Another problem comes with the fact that I am working in an international company where the software language is English. This is also reasonable due the fact that local translations are not always correct and all bug fixes are not localized nor there may be a localized version available. But since I motly write in Finnish, I definitely like to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User menu, Saved messages: Translation issue

Italian for "Saved bookmarks" (the option in the user menu under the status setup) is mistakenly translated to "Salvataggio eseguito", as in "[It] has been saved". The correct translation, based on other translations, should be "Messaggi salvati", as in "Messages (bookmarks) that were saved".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Serbian translation

"General" conversation in MS Teams web version is translated to Serbian as "General Settings": "Opšte postavke", while it should be just "Opšte".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Norwegian

When creating new event/meeting from Teams, the translation of «Title» is wrong («Stilling»). It should be translated to «Tittel».

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.