Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve audio notifications

VOLUME: The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

UNIQUE SOUNDS FOR CALLS VS CHATS/MESSAGES: Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.

UNIQUE SOUND FOR PRIVATE CHAT: It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know…

4,423 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

677 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
    Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

3,029 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

446 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

1,779 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize Sound Notification

The sound you updated to during the week of March 6 is HORRIBLE. Please give us an option to change sounds for chat notifications the same way we can change sounds for the phone calls

1,151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow 365 Admin to Define Default Notification settings in Teams.

It would be nice to let the Domain Admin have control what the default setting are in teams.
    Users can changed them but let the admins change and override with one time Reset. Like a GPO Preference.

Why?
    Let’s say the users are not ready for emails and Banners and users are freaking out about the number of Alerts from Teams to Outlook. The Admin could reset the setting for all users to Banner only. This would let users change it to email and banner, but the admin could find a setting that works best for the company of users.

1,111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to turn of flashing taskbar notifications

Flashing taskbar notifications are a bit annoying, and it would be nice to have the option to turn off that flashing (while keeping popup notifications enabled).

802 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

236 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate Notification Sounds Settings for Calls and Chats

“Notification sounds = Off” will disable all sound notifications, including disabling the Call notifications. What I’d like to do is to disable Mention and Chat notification sounds for example, but keep Call notification sounds. This can't be done at the moment as only 3 options are available:
    All
    Call, mention and chat
    Off
    We would need additional options to cover all use cases.
    Thanks

776 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scheduled Do Not Disturb, like Slack

Do Not Disturb should block all notifications and I'd love to be able to schedule DND, like on Slack

612 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missed calls in Microsoft Teams should trigger email to Outlook

I have checked with Microsoft Premier Support and they have confirmed that users will only get notification for missed calls in the Teams app. Email notification is only for the missed messages in Teams, and this is the expected behavior.

But I found it strange why only calls are being excluded from email notification? Isn’t calls more important than message as people can always send email as alternative to chat?

Furthermore, Team’s setting is called “Missed activity emails”, which the missed calls fall under, this is very confusing to users.

Please include missed calls in email notification!

490 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Banner notification on second monitor

I, and many of my colleagues, do many presentations using screen sharing to potential customers. I share my primary monitor to the customer, but the second monitor is offstage. It would be most helpful to have a setting of where the banner notifications appear (on which screen/monitor). I like getting the notifications, but I need them to show up "offstage" instead of on my primary monitor.

479 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Webhooks Extensions to @mention individuals and channels

The JSON payload used for formatting MS Teams notifications via a Webhooks Extension should allow @mentions to be constructed.

Similar to how a bot can construct a mention in it's response via <at>@General</at>.

Without this functionality, there's no way for members of a channel to be notified by the Webhooks Extension without having to first follow the channel.

In most real world scenarios, following a channel will not suffice — leading to spam and distractions for the team.

For many, the absence of this capability is preventing the transition from Slack to Teams.

Use Case 1:
    A dev team needs…

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Browser/OS independent desktop notifications using HTML5

Not sure about the desktop clients because there isn't one available for my operating system. However, the web app is essentially unfit for purpose because I can't tell when anyone is trying to contact me unless I sit there, constantly staring at the app.

391 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon and making good progress! Stay tuned for additional updates.

-Warren

13. keywords Monitoring

Would be great if admin could monitor keywords similar to yammer. entering key works that if typed would notify admin.

305 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. @mention Post From Flow Does Not Work

When using Flow to post a message to a Team channel, the @mention does not trigger a notification. The text of the message is simply the "@mention" that was typed. Please enable a text recognition of @mention to enable the notification as though it were being typed directly in Teams.

301 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notifications for teams

I'm not receiving any notifications from teams.
    Each time I select anything in notification settings the selected setting disappears...

301 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Please add to the comments if you are experiencing this. I would like to know the OS and device you are using as well.

I’ll bring this feedback to the feature team and help get this investigated.

-Warren

16. Mark message as read directly from notifications.

We send/receive a lot of short messages that can be read in their entirety from their notifications. Since there's no way to mark a message as read directly from the notification, we basically have to dismiss the message "twice": clear the notification itself and then click into the desktop app to clear the red unread badges. It would be great time/click saver if there were a way to mark a message as being read directly from the notification itself.

292 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cross Organization Notifications

It would be great if I could receive notifications while I'm in a different organization in teams.

Say there are two organizations 'A' and 'B' while i'm in organization 'A' I won't receive any notifications from organization 'B'. This leads to me easily missing notifications.

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Suppress Meeting Notification Until Meeting Start Time

Often, someone joins a meeting a few minutes early causing notifications on every other user to immediately join. This causes meetings to actually start earlier than scheduled due to everyone showing up due to the notification. As well, once the 'meeting started' notification goes away, a new notification does not fire at the actual start time of the meeting which can cause someone to end up being late if they can't be early (another meeting for example).

Ask: Have a toggle/setting to have meeting notifications fire at meeting start time vs. first meeting participant. Alternatively, have all notifications fire at…

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add whole mention text to email notification

I receive notification emails for personal and team mentions. Some are important but many are not. However the email doesn't have enough of the message to tell, so I have to log in to teams and open my activity just to see that someone posted a picture.

Please include the whole conversation message in the email notification.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

← Previous 1 3 4 5 163 164
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base