Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

18,606 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1691 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

3,008 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

418 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

2,735 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

272 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. functionality to send email to all members in team

Can we add functionality to send email to whole team at once. I am not sure if it is already there.

694 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Resizing Issues!

We would like to see better resizing across the app.

For example:

Resizing chat windows
    Resizing channel width
    Resizable Teams menu
    Logo resizing
    Make columns resizable in Files tab
    Desktop app resizing to be mobile responsive
    Use 100% of resizable width
    Automatic resizing of PDFs
    Ability to resize the pane where search and favorites are show

598 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to move people's videos to top instead of bottom of screen (when someone is screen sharing a presentation)

When in a group meeting, everyone's video screen appears at the bottom when someone is presenting their screen. It would be nice to be able to drag it to the top of the window instead. That's also where the webcam usually sits so it's better to be looking more directly into the camera (instead of halfway down the screen)

592 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time

When in a teams meeting - I would like to see both participants and chat at the same time. Right now - its one or the other. in Skype for Business meetings - that was not the case, we could see chat and participants in one view

495 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Separate Individual chats from Meeting chats

One of the biggest issues I have with Teams is individual chats getting lost among the meeting chats. Many of the meetings are things we get pulled into that I don't care about to start with. Manually having to hide 5-10 of these a day is tedious. When I'm on the Chat tab, I'd like to see individual chats. When I'm on the Meetings tab, I would expect to see Meeting chats. If nothing else, maybe a dropdown filter to choose which chats to show on the Chat tab would suffice.

422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Relax browser support check

The current browser support check is too pessimistic and prevents some modern browsers from loading Microsoft Teams. For example, up-to-date Chrome on Ubuntu Linux is not considered a supported browser, even though changing the User-Agent string to Chrome on Windows allows Teams to load without any problems.

Please consider a) just letting the browser try to load Teams, b) using feature detection instead of the User-Agent string, or c) blacklisting known broken browsers instead of whitelisting if the User-Agent string is used.

415 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review by the feature team. No new details yet.
    -Warren

10. Make Teams web app available in Safari

I receive a message hat is coming soon...any updates?

389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently in Preview – planned to release very soon.

In the following weeks, Teams will be rolling out support on Safari 11+ on macOS. While in preview, there are known issues with Safari’s ITP mode and it is advised that users disable Safari’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention.

11. Change the colour of Teams, the default purple is deterring everyone from even trying it, and refusing to move from Slack

Basically anything but purple or variant of it
    Personally i like green, but variant of blue will also do

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Additional Streaming Layouts for Team Live Events

currently you can choose between two streaming layouts (e.g. full screen or screen beside cam).
    There would be so many cool other layout options to improve live events e.g.:
    - Two speaker side by side (split screen)
    - presentation on the left but two speaker on the right
    - 4 speaker on screen
    - large cam, small screen sharing content

Whatever the ideas are endless, but currently this is really limiting some streaming experience, for example if you have two speakers debating something I want to show both, but I can't.

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a separate chat window in Teams

Instead of having to select the Chat category within teams and using the large teams screen, I would like to have a separate chat window as well as Chat Icon at the bottom toolbar.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Combine multiple threads - or at least improve the UI

People who are new to Teams almost reliably start new conversations instead of adding to threads. In other words, the context goes missing - which is one of the key elements that make Teams so powerful.

Multiple requests to combine threads have been declined here. I can only imagine that technical reasons are the source of the declines, because many people and organizations are dealing with this issue.

Therefore I'm repeating the request - and if the decision "at this point" is still the same, then please put some effort into the UI to make it clear (!!!) to people…

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyboard shortcut to end a call

Please add a keyboard shortcut to end a call.
    Ctrl-D perhaps?

keywords: hang up, disconnect

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Screen Sharing Meeting Controls Should Auto-hide or minimize

On Screen Sharing Meeting Controls Should Auto-hide or minimize.
    The current setup shows the incoming video of the presenter and the Meeting control hover over the presenters screen share causing some data to be covered by the controls.

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow @mention myself in a conversation.

When I am the note taker for a meeting, I use @mention for action items. When the action item is for me, I would like it in the notes and I would like to @mention myself (would show up in Activity).

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Transparent Icon

Handle transparency in Team icons. Currently an image with transparency will display transparent areas black.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More than 15 pinned conversations

Why limit it to 15 pinned conversations? are we in the 80's? we should be able to pin any number of conversations. Now, I can't find with my team.

Teams is supposed to make our life better not hate the product.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Subject line visible by default on new conversations

When starting a NEW conversation in a Channel, the subject line should be displayed by default and not hidden underneath the rich text expand button. Subject lines are very useful not only to let people know what that conversation is about, but also for searching later to return to the conversation after it has scrolled away some. We've enforced this on a few times internally using the honor system and have seen considerable success with keeping conversations on topic and getting people using the threading features.

You wouldn't send an email without a Subject would you? Why should Teams be…

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 101 102
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base