Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like the ability to create a reminder or task from a message

In Slack there is an ability to click message options and set a reminder to take action on that message at some later date, e.g., remind me about this tomorrow or in 1 hour, etc. I think they use their "slackbot /" commands to create this reminder. In Teams, it would be nice to have this ability or to create a task to take action on a message at some later time. Thanks!

705 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

I really like the suggestion of creating an alarm on a message, so you come back to it. I’ve passed this on to our engineering team.

Meanwhile, here’s another feature you can utilize for the same purpose — use our “bookmark” button, which is in the upper right corner of every message. This will save that message or thread directly to your profile. To access your saved messages, just click your face in the upper left corner of the product. You’ll see a tab in the left rail that says “Saved.” This is like a list of little reminders.

Hope that helps! :-)

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

2. Import / Export for data migration between tenants

At my IT company we are frequently working on Office 365 migration projects. We're also working on some merger / carve-out projects so we frquently need to move data out of tenant no 1 and re-import that data to tenant no #2.
    Currently this cannot be done by the existing graph api, as there is no support to access several data like chat conversation etc.
    Unfortunately, a support request answered that it's also not possible to get that from the support right now.

I'd like to request some export-team and import-team functionality
    • Export should be possible to an Azure…

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. data retention

on the settings there needs to be something for enterprise data retention. e.g. after 60 or 90 days data is purged off, or conversations roll off.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  45 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support 3rd party audio conferencing provider (ACP) integration with MS Teams Statement "...MS Teams does not support 3rd-party Audio Confe

Support 3rd party audio conferencing provider (ACP) integration with MS Teams

Statement "...MS Teams does not support 3rd-party Audio Conferencing Providers (ACPs)."

Here is my position:

I am upset with the tactic which forces us to use Microsoft Audio Conferencing for Teams PSTN dial in capabilities . With Skype for Business, I could integrate a 3rd party audio conference provider. All my existing conferencing numbers would work. The Global Network Architecture created for us could remain in place. No workflow changes to end/users.

In Teams, I will be forced to use the MS Audio Conferencing service if I want that…

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype chat - both ways

If someone write from Skype, I can read and answer, but I cant start a chat with Skype users.

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

It looks like some people in the thread below have figured it out — we actually have this. You can start a chat both ways; the system will automatically recognize if this person is on Skype for Business or on Teams.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Suphatra

6. Link group to AD Group

Why we cannot use our group in Active Directory to create group in Teams?

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in on this ask because it’s died down since GA, and also because the ask is not totally clear to me.

Right now, we provide a way during the team creation process for you to select an existing Office 365 group. Are you asking to be able to do this same thing, but outside of Teams?

Do let me know!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

7. add to-do list

Add connection to Microsoft new To-Do list function

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom URI handlers

Hyperlinks with non-http or non-https prefixes do not currently work such as M-Files URLs that begin with m-files://

Please allow at least admins enable these custom URI handlers in Teams. They work perfectly in Slack :)

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need PHONE SYSTEM licenses from Office 365 Business licenses (not just Enterprise)!

Currently MS Teams can only add phone functionality at the Enterprise level. O365 prevents users at the Office 365 Business Premium from accessing phone services. Changing from Business Premium to E3 is an extra $7.50/mo plus phone access at $8/mo plus the actual domestic subscription! A personal Skype Pro number only costs $6.50 per month!

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connector for Slack

Would be great to have a connector to slack to ease the transition from Slack to Teams.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Post OneNote page reference in Conversations

Add the possibility to post a reference to a OneNote Channel page under Conversations. When the reference is clicked in Conversions, the desired page is opened under the OneNote tab.

AS-IS you can use "Copy Link to this page...", but when clicked the page is not opened in Teams. Opens in OneNote Online.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to provision existing Office 365 groups to Teams through Admin center or PowerShell.

When trying to create a team, an Owner of a 365 Group can be prompted to add Teams to that Group, but only once. After adding the first group they own, they are not prompted again. There is also no way to manually provision this service to existing Groups in the Admin center.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I expect lots of hi-fives via Twitter for fighting for this one. Coming soon, folks.

Suphatra

13. hyperlinking to a chat user

(NOTE - This is the second time I am posting this as the last time it was inappropriately merged into https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17137732-hyperlink-any-text-in-chat which has nothing to do with this request. It is a little frustrating that I can't even get to my original post in order to copy and paste - I need to recreate it from scratch.)

It would be very helpful to have the ability to hyperlink INTO a chat with a given user. We relied on this heavily while using Skype and it is a very nice feature to be able to embed into other internal applications.

E.g.…

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Acrobat

Need a better ability to open PDF files directly in adobe acrobat to edit, zoom, and pan effectively, or better PDF markup tools internal to Teams. The current viewing, scrolling, zooming, and editing tools are too limited, particularly when it comes to commenting or editing PDF versions of figures or drawings.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. screen capture

Be able to send a screen capture to a team or chat. Outlook already allows you do this within an email, why can't Teams do it out of the box?

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Outlook and Teams Unification

We all rely on email way too much. It would be nice to have an outlook button in the teams app below files. one unified app for all my office products :)

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Install in Program Files directory

We simply can't fathom the idea that Microsoft allows for an Enterprise-level application like Teams to be installed on the user's AppData folder. As IT admins, we need the ability to install this in the Program Files directory. You recently released an MSI package, but that still copies the executable over to the user's %localappdata% directory. This is not secure!

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rename Teams tab doesn't propagate to Planner

Very much like renaming a Team doesn't rename the SharePoint site, renaming a Planner tab in Teams doesn't rename the Plan in Planner. Please fix. This is a mess.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. share a specific application/window in screen sharing

When sharing "screen", add an option to share specific application rather than share the whole screen. I've got a 34" ultrawide and sharing the whole screen with someone using a small 13" laptop screen is untenable.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Warren responded

When you start a meeting and click the share button you are presented the option to share your whole desktop or choose a specific application to share.

-Warren

20. ServiceNow integration to facilitate ChatOps

Integration with ServiceNow for chatops for things like incident management (just keeping up with slack). Old way was ticket comes in the emails and IM's are exchanged. With Teams integration, the helpdesk ticket could come in and automatically posts the new ticket into a support channel in Teams. Support person acknowledges the ticket in our support system, which again posts on Teams that the ticket has been acknowledged by the person in Support. Everyone in the support team knows that a ticket has come in, that it is being handled, others are able to chime in if help if needed,…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.