Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLEASE fix desktop app performance on macOS!! Constant high CPU usage and memory leaks!

I'm running Teams desktop app on macOS Catalina and the performance is TERRIBLE! If I get on a single 1-on-1 video call, the fan on my 2017 MacBook Pro starts spinning like crazy, CPU usage goes up to about 85%, and app begins to use over 1GB of RAM! To put it in perspective, I can get on a Zoom call with 10 other people, CPU usage is at less than 20%, and memory usage never passes 300MB

I've read on other forums to disable GPU acceleration in the settings, but that has only marginally helped.

Please fix your app!

1,066 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

212 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your reports. We released client and service updates this week, that address many MacOS-specific performance issues. We are also aware of recent performance issues with Microsoft Teams meetings, especially on laptops and when using external monitors.

The team is working to resolve these issues. In the meantime, please find troubleshooting information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/known-issues/teams-slow-video-meetings-laptops-4k.

2. search options

Search functionality:
    1. Limit Search To:
    * All of Microsoft Teams
    * All Chats
    * Only chats including [select input]
    * All Teams
    * Only Team(s) [select]
    * All channels in a team
    * Only channel(s) [select]

The search function is currently very poorly received across our area because it is just a massive search string.

I would like the ability to restrict a search by Team and/or Channel and/or Individual
    In order to have a more targeted search result
    So that I can more quickly and efficiently find the correct result.

Additionally - searching in User Feedback Forums is…

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add NDI Support for Teams Live Events

Adding Network Device Interface would allow us to ingest non-Teams feeds (desktops or cameras) and ideally make the preview and live windows available as sources so we can send the live feed to a projector or other software that supports Network Device Interface.

415 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Third party Video Interop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. active noise cancelling for meetings

Provide active noise cancelling for the person speaking. Many times when I am speaking in a meeting there is background noise around me (whether it is office noise or my kids at home when I take meetings from home). It would be nice to be able to cancel background noise and issolate just my voice for the meeting.

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams search functionality

Please add a search-only feature for currently opened tab in Teams search functionality.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Meeting Call Me Back Number

After entering a meeting, if you would like Teams to call you back you need to enter a phone number in the Call Me Back box. (See attached file.) It would be great if this box would remember the last number called and there was a user setting to save a default number. This would save you from having to enter in the number every single time.

1,046 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

175 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to inform you that you are able to join meetings by choosing “Call me” from the join dropdown on iOS & Android. To use this feature, you need to provide a phone number where you can receive a phone call. If the call is accepted, your meeting audio will switch to the cellular connection. Your personal and work phone numbers, if added to your account, will be available for selection automatically.

The team is working to release this feature for Desktop. I don’t have dates to share at this time, but will keep you posted.

Thanks!

7. Allow ANYBODY to share their screen

Currently we have to use other services such as Google Hangout/Meet or other video conferencing apps to meet with people outside of our company, because MS Teams does not allow screen sharing for anonymous guests. Its a real pain ********** that Teams doesn't have this ability and most other services do. We meet with people outside of our company a lot so we frequently need to abandon MS Teams for these meetings.

1,706 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Admitting PSTN users from the lobby

There are two cases covered in this item.

1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby. This is completed.

2) Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e. This is on the backlog.

Please…

406 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:

1) Completed: Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby.

2) On the backlog: Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e

Please Note: In Q2CY20, we launched a new default in for the Teams meeting policy (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=63388). If tenants have not modified their default meeting policy, lobby is now enforced.

9. live transcript

Today I ran a meeting that included a colleague who it 85% deaf. When we have in-person meetings he can lip-read but this is too difficult on screen.

It would be fantastic if live speech captions were available and they'd make a huge difference to their working life and others with similar requirements.

400 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce the meeting live transcript feature is in the process of rolling out to the public, and will be rolled out 100% by the end of March 2021. Users will have a transcirption to follow along with who said what, and for the transcript file to be viewed after the meeting. This is available for users with E3, E5, Business Standard and Business Preium license SKUs.

For the initial release, Live Transcription is currently available:
    For scheduled meetings
    In U.S. English (spoken language)
    On the installed desktop version of Teams
    In GCC, but without speaker identification
    For more information, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/office/view-live-transcription-in-a-teams-meeting-dc1a8f23-2e20-4684-885e-2152e06a4a8b.

10. Translation on smartphone

On the desktop we have translation but not on mobile. Please can this be added as a function ?

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. volume

Since the update during the week of May 7, 2018, every time I join a meeting, my system volume gets adjusted to be extremely high, which is highly uncomfortable with headphones.

Previously, the volume wasn't adjusted at all. Please restore it to this state.

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. dutch

Some parts are not translated in Dutch, like collaboration space (samenwerkingsruimte), assignments (opdrachten)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!
    Dutch translation for “Collaboration space” and “Assignments” was implemented.
    Please, check an attached screenshot and let know if anything else can be improved.

We are evaluating if a translation of “Rubric” should be changed. I’ll update about it soon.

—Natasha (Microsoft)

13. Spell check in multiple languages

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

1,875 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

287 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search content by partial strings

We are not able to use a partial string when searching.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audio call recording in Teams

How about recording an audio call when initiating a Teams call, similar to how Skype for Business does ?

1,088 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

9,122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

235 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team has delivered improvements to the New Meeting experience in Calendar such as optional attendees, richer custom recurrence UX, as well as enhanced meeting RSVPs.

To learn more about RSVPing to meetings in the Teams Calendar, how to create a recurring meeting, and the new meeting scheduling experience including the scheduling assistant, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/office/schedule-a-meeting-in-teams-943507a9-8583-4c58-b5d2-8ec8265e04e5.

Thanks!

18. Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to),…

1,060 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Good news, this feature is partially done. :)

Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.

-Warren

19. Enable Voice Messaging

Add a voice messaging function like it is common in personal messaging apps like whatsapp, wechart, line etc.
    This can be very useful if on the go for complicated messages to type.

455 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sharepoint tab linked to a list, a library or even a specific view

At present, when adding a SharePoint tab, you can only link to a site. Since sites may be shared among several teams, team members will still have to browse the site to find material relevant for the actual channel. It would be nice if a tab could pull up a specific custom list, library or even a specific view of a library. That would keep stuff on the site in context for that particular channel.

1,141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base