Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Join a meeting without going through the browser

Notify Teams meeting invitation emails in Outlook.
    Click on the meeting URL in the invitation email.
    At this time, the browser starts and opens the desktop client.
    Operation via this browser is inconvenient.
    I want to join the meeting with a desktop client without going through the browser.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce that all meeting join entry points have been addressed in Outlook for Windows and Mac.
    - For customers keeping current on the monthly release channel, this update has been released.
    - Customers keeping current on the semi-annual release channel for Outlook will get this this Summer, with a gradual roll out scheduled to begin in mid-July.

2. Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 250 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 500+ employees if necessary instead of a company having to buy an additional license to use Cisco WebEx Meetings.

502 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently rolling out the increase for the Teams meeting limit. The new permanent meeting limit is 300 participants (in the meeting call and the chat). We expect this to be enabled by the end of June for the public cloud, with government clouds to follow.

For additional info on Meetings limits in Teams, visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#meetings-and-calls

For insight into the Roadmap, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=64225

Thanks.

3. Pop Out/Dedicated conference & meeting window for Teams Meeting

If would be good to have a pop out dedicated window during conference call, meetings and screen sharing session like Skype for business.
    Currently it is very inconvenient to continue work on TEAMS without getting calls window minimized.

1,107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SharePoint list doesn't show MFA

I'm experiencing an issue where I cannot see a content of a SharePoint list that is added as a tab to one of my channels in MS Teams. It just shows up empty. I've started seeing this issue after my account has been enabled for MFA (in Azure AD).

I can access the list directly through SharePoint just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sharepoint

The ability to start a conversation around a specific SharePoint list item.

Similarly to how you can discuss VSTS items.

E.g A user submits a request to a SharePoint list. I can dd that list item and then discuss that with other team members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to create and distrubute custom sticker packs

Many modern messengers (like Telegram) allow users to create and distribute custom sticker packs.
    I wish similar functionality would be available in Teams.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio and Video call on every browser

Now just Edge support audio and video calls. Making Teams work on all main browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) should be a priority . I need Teams to work with all my customers and I can't force them to install software on their machines.

430 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. sharepoint list - default view

It would be nice if a sharepoint list in a tab in Teams would open up with the default view instead of All Items

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`

It's very confusing to new users that there is a difference between replying to an existing conversation and starting a new one within a channel. This is a visual thing as much as anything else. The 'reply' buttons are not naturally attractive if you just want to start typing a message. There should be a logical gap between the bottom of a conversation and 'start a new conversation'. 'Start a new conversation' needs to be separated visually, as if it's a second order command rather than a first order...reply.

9,624 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

838 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that the New Conversation Button has started to roll to the general public, and should be rolled out 100% over the next week or so. We will share another update as soon as one is available.

10. Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

10,438 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

200 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are now preparing for the roll out of Tasks in Teams which will integrate additional features integrating To-Do and Planner. This includes additional list views that also extend to tabs in teams. Further announcements about additional integration in our overall Tasks coherence effort will follow.

You can follow the rollout via our Roadmap item: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=57213. To see a preview of the experience, please visit https://youtu.be/rTATVGroEsQ.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base