Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 7 has a banner indicating "Quiet Hours is enabled" and you will not get any team messages..

Windows 7 has a banner indicating "Quiet Hours is enabled" so you won't get notifications for calls and messages in Teams. However, Windows 7 has no Quiet Hours settings to turn this off.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Different Notification Colours

It would be nice if the "followed channel" notification was a different color than the "direct mention" indicator. since I can't tell the difference, i find myself heading over to teams just to see conversations that I'm probably not interested in, which ends up being bad context-switching for me

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

I would like to gather some more feedback about this topic. I understand the request is for different colored notifications but I wanted to see about your feedback on the different icons.

We currently have different icons depending on the activity you are being notified of.
    Such as a direct mention in a channel with have the “@” symbol, letting you know you were @ mentioned.
    A lightbulb icon lets you know about general activity within a channel you follow.
    A chatbox icon appears when channel is mentioned that you are part of.

And so forth… do these icons help you understand the notifications or do you feel color differentiation is also required?

Let me know in the comments of this topic thread. Thanks!
    -Warren

3. Pixel XL

I have an issue where if I'm using the mobile app and I'm actively engaged in a chat or a team thread, any time a user posts or replies it doesn't populate in the thread I'm staring at. It pops up a notification along with sounds an audible notification. If I click on the pop up it refreshes the thread and shows the reply and/or post.

That's super obnoxious and I can't locate a tweak in the settings to fix this. Is this a bug? User error? I really do not enjoy the mobile app strictly because of this issue.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This sounds like a bug. On your mobile device, please go to ‘Settings > Report an Issue’ on your Teams app to send us logs.
    We’ll investigate the issue!

-Warren

4. Doesn't show Audio Call start, stop, and duration on Chat

For some reason Audio Calls stopped recording the start and stop times, as well as duration of the Audio Call, on the Chat window. There is no record whatsoever that we switched to Audio. I still run Windows 8, so maybe it's because you're trying to pull the plug on Windows 8? :)

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback.

Would you also be able to provide comments clarifying if this is Call History or Chat?

Thank you very much!
    -Warren

5. OSX client updates - app quits multiple times a day

It seems whenever the OSX client updates, we get a “An update is ready to install. Microsoft Teams is trying to add a new helper tool.” authentication request, then the app quits. Or sometime the app just quits on it’s own without any notification. When it launches again, the “loading” box then sometimes doesn’t disappear. I really want to roll this out for our teams to start playing with, but having the app quit on us ~10 times a day without notification makes it unusable.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please email me your logs so I can have the development team investigate.

You can generate logs by using the shortcut CRTL+ALT+SHIFT+1

This will generate a txt file in your Downloads folder starting with the name “MSTeams Diagnostics Log……………”.

Please email the logs to: TEAMSML@microsoft.com and use the Subject line of “OSX client – App Quits”

Thank you!
    -Warren

6. Solution for guests accounts with an organisation account without Office365 tenant to be able to login at teams.microsoft.com

I have created several guest accounts following the instructions here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/guest-access

Basically,

1. Enabled Guest Access in Office365 Admin Center

2. Added guest account through Azure Active Directory

a. Guest account received email Azure AD "You're invited to the organization"

b. Guest follows the "Get Started" link in the email to create a password

4. Added guest to a Team through Microsoft Teams desktop application

a. Guest account received email Teams "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams"

b. Guest follows the "Open Microsoft Teams" link in the email to be sent to teams.microsoft.com

c. Guest is…

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If anyone is still hitting this issue, please respond in the comments section of this topic and let me know!

Thanks!
    -Warren

7. Close the Notification Loop

Notifications could be tightened up a bit.

1) Sometimes when I read messages that cause notifications, the red notification lingers on the channel until I click the channel on the lefthand side.

2) Sometimes after I read a notified message, the Teams icon continues to blink on my taskbar after I've read it.

3) When I acknowledge a notification on the desktop application, the notification remains on my phone and vice-versa.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams crashing about 40% of the time when in calls

Started doing this the last couple of weeks.Pretty erratic: sometimes it is when you share your camera or when you share both camera and screen. Hard to pinpoint what causes it exactly but straight up calls (without cams) seem to work fine.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing these crashes, we would like to investigate. Logs will help us do so.

If you’d like to send logs, please:
    - type (windows key) + R
    - type “(percent) appdata (percent) \ Microsoft \ Teams \ logs.txt” into the open box (without the spaces, parenthesis, and quotes)
    - save the file
    - send the log file that you saved to teamsml@microsoft.com

Thanks!

9. Remove limitation for max users in Teams chat and guest access from mobile phones

Hi,

We have started to use Teams and love the functionalities.

We have a Team where we keep all our related stuff within every thread and project, but...
    One thing that we do miss is the ability to have the whole gang in the Chat, cause this is were stuff and short info gets out (or fun stuff).
    It is not that easy to use the threads and people are doing it wrong all the time, starting a new thread instead of answering the right thread. In the chat you see everything in a simple way, all expanded, not compressed…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The request for a higher chat limit is already in the works and being tracked by this UV request – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18544858
    If you support it, please go there and up-vote the topic.

For this current topic, I am more curious about what the guest access request is… the summary didn’t delve into it in much details. If you could provide a better clarification on what the ask is around guest access, it would be appreciated.

Looking forward to your feedback,
    -Warren

10. scroll to zoom reversed

Scrolling to zoom into an image is reversed to what it should be. This behavior is on both mouse wheels and on the magic trackpad for mac

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have experienced this could you please confirm in the topic comments if this is still happening for you?

The zoom feature has been released on PC and I’m hoping it also resolved this odd experience but please let me know!
    -Warren

11. Members Can Add New Members Through SharePoint

There is a permission security hole. Members can add other members to a Team by using the SharePoint online interface and editing the group membership. Only Owners should be able to add new members. There is also no log of this in the general channel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Patrick,

For public teams, this is a feature. That makes it easier for IT admins to create teams.

However, for private teams, this is not possible. Can you please see if the team you’re looking at is private or public?

Thanks,
    Suphatra

12. Notifications for teams

I'm not receiving any notifications from teams.
    Each time I select anything in notification settings the selected setting disappears...

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please add to the comments if you are experiencing this. I would like to know the OS and device you are using as well.

I’ll bring this feedback to the feature team and help get this investigated.

-Warren

13. fix notification settings

The notification settings in the current version are buggy.
    Firstly all notification settings are blank, as you can see in the attachment.
    Secondly when you try to set a setting it disappears again after a second.
    Please fix that.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, it looks like this bug was fixed. Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, email me directly at sparavi @ Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

14. OneNote is broken on Teams

Late last week, OneNote on Teams stopped working whether you are using the desktop application or the web based. Creating a new OneNote tab on Teams, it still does not work as well. All we get for a message is:

"We can't access this notebook.

You might not have permissions to view it, but your IT Admin show be able to help you."

Previously, OneNote had been working. If OneNote is accessed directly with OneNote application, it will work fine.

This appears to be a bug on Teams as others are reporting the same issues as well. Could this be…

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

936 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

275 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi — My apologies for the delay in updating this item. We rolled out a fix a year ago for a specific issue of status changing to away in Teams when you were still active on the device. We thought this had fixed the “incorrect status” issue. From comments below, it sounds like people are still seeing issues.

If you are still having issues, it would be super helpful if you can capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with device info and detailed repro steps to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks all!

16. some times after refering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

Hmm couldnd figure out where to file a bug? So, this "idea" is actually considered a bug!

some times after referering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is this still happening for you? Votes have dropped off so I hope this has resolved. Please let me know!

Please comment in this thread your response.

Warren

17. Do Not Disturb unexpectedly changes to Available

I set myself to "Do Not Disturb"
    I send a message or a chat.
    Teams decides I'm available, and changes me to "Available."
    NO, DND means JUST THAT. Please STOP changing my availability!

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once your tenant is using UPS (unified presence service), you should no longer have issues where DND changes back to available.

If you are on UPS, and are experiencing this issue, it would be super helpful if you can capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with any details to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks all!

18. Rename General channel

Make it so we can change the name of the General Channel.

2,009 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

326 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Video conferencing on web client

I'm trying to get people here to migrate slowing from Skype for Business to Teams. Unfortunately the install able app tends to crash often, so more people are using the web client which is more stable, faster, and cross platform.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of the functionality we need isn't there, like video conferencing. It seems Microsoft keeps trying to push apps instead of web apps and that seems to be a mistake. I'm sure it's easier to implement, but being able to work completely off the Office 365 website without any installed apps is a much preferable method…

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This should be working via the web client.

Can users confirm if you are still having this issue? Please let me know in the comments below.

-Warren

20. Mass add users to a channel or team

Please add mass add users to a channel or team.
    Like we use on other Office 365 services. email@domain;email@domain and (if possible) @everyone something like that.
    I'm using and loving Microsoft Teams :-)
    Thanks a lot.

822 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

154 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, we are collecting feedback on this so we can determine prioritization and user need.

Please comment in the thread below about how this affects you, how you currently add members, and who you think would benefit from this in your organization.

Thank you!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.