Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to use @team and @channel on multi-byte (Japanese language) environment.

Allow to use @team and @channel on multi-byte (Japanese language) teams environment.

They don't work anymore and we have to use @チーム and @チャネル. The flow to put them in is "@" > "switch input mode to multi-byte" > "ti-mu" > "convert into Katakana" > "Enter".

They are inconvenient and @team and @channel are simple and better to us.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to announce that Microsoft Teams now support @team and @channel in both localized language and English. The feature change is currently being rolled out, and it is expected to be completed by the end of March.

大変お待たせいたしました。お客様のリクエストにお応えして、日本語と英語の両方で team (チーム)と@channel (@チャネル)をサポートできるようになりました。この変更は現在段階的ににリリースされており、3月末にはすべてのお客様に届く予定です。

2. Dark theme would be nice

Themes for the user on Android , I like the dark theme

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Poor admin portal Teams name search

Need to have partial searching in the Manage Teams area of the Admin Portal. We only have 100 teams so far and it's already getting unmanageable as the search only matches from the start of the Team name e.g. Team called "Business Development" doesn't appear in search results for 'Development'.

Additionally, not being able to sort the columns or export the list is very unhelpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Private channels within Teams

It would be great if you can make certain channels within a team visible to selected team members.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. iOS 13 Beta stopped receiving notifications

On the latest iOS 13 Beta I’ve stopped receiving notifications

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Serbian translation

"General" conversation in MS Teams web version is translated to Serbian as "General Settings": "Opšte postavke", while it should be just "Opšte".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Private Channels for confidential work

A private space within a team would be useful to have conversations/ approvals/ executive decisions separated from other team/ project members viewing.

Currently this can be done by adding another team, however this is messy as each project has its own group of executives. It also separates the decisions from related conversations, which defeats the purpose of teams, to bring conversations and related work under one team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Reply all with IM" from an Outlook meeting is broken

In an Outlook meeting, when I use the "Reply All with IM" option, with Teams set as my IM application, it opens a conversation with the owner of the meeting only.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  20 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Voicemail for Teams Calling & Call Queues

We have some Auto Attendant and Call Queues set up, when the time is 'out of hours' and a call comes in or if all users are busy and unable to answer a call it should go to voicemail posting the message transcript and audio file in the Team / group linked to the call queue.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG - Permanently Delete Group in Shifts

I've had a real hard time trying to replicate this bug, so I'm just going to outline the actions I performed to produce.
    Basically if I 'add time off' and 'export schedule' there is a duplication of data from an old group I deleted.

• Group 1 in schedules populated with a team roster

• Group 2 has the same users and schedule, but different timezone

• Realised that the second group would achieve what I wanted to do easily

• Deleted Group 2

• Finished populating Group 1 with data

• Export schedule

Please see attached image for clarification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to remove people from a chat stream

Having the ability to remove staff from a chat means that Teams could be used for discussing projects. Once someone leave a project they should no longer be able to see the chat from their previous one. This would help us to reduce confusion and notifications which are not needed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to remove people from a chat stream

Having the ability to remove staff from a chat means that Teams could be used for discussing projects. Once someone leave a project they should no longer be able to see the chat from their previous one. This would help us to reduce confusion and notifications which are not needed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to remove people from a chat stream

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chats

Please give us the ability to remove people from chat groups. It makes it very hare if we need to remove people because people leave and come out of our department. If we dont have this ability then we have to make a whole new chat and only invite current members of our chat group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add private channels inside the team

Add private channels inside the team. If we have a big department some topics may not be interesting for everyone and some can be not for everyone, so when we have team now, inside the team you can only create channels that are visible and accessible for the whole team, but team admin should have the possibility to create private channel inside the team to discuss anything only with the team participants that he/she will invite.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restriction on participants in a chat group !!

Hello Team, Recently we moved from CISCO Jabber to MS Teams and 1 restriction we found here is that in a chat group, the maximum number of participants is restricted to 50. For any organization (atleast here), we have more than 50 people who are needed to be in a chat group and not channels, as that is separate option. I would suggest to increase that number to a significant number as this is used at enterprise level where we can have more than 50 people working and required in the chat group.

Also, if a chat is needed to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to use multi-byte characters to name a new team created from Microsoft Teams admin center

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターからチームを作成する際のエラーについて

Allow us to use multi-byte characters to name a new team created from Microsoft Teams admin center

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams 管理センターからチーム名に日本語をはじめとするマルチバイト文字が含まれていると、"このチームを作成できませんでした" のエラーが表示される。
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターからチーム名に日本語をはじめとするマルチバイト文字が含まれている場合でも、チーム作成が完了するよう機能改善を希望します。

The error " We couldn’t create this team " is displayed when creating a team via Microsoft Teams admin center if the team name contains multi-byte character such as Japanese.
    I hope this behavior will be corrected so that I can create a new team with Japanese name.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Japanese IME bug - when typing roman alphabets with Japanese IME on

Windows Japanese IME is quite smart and allows users to enter roman alphabets (not Japanese characters) if the user typing with Shift pressed - even if the IME is on. It's very useful and many Japaneses utilize this function. Since IME is on during it, the user needs to press Enter to confirm the input.

Regarding input in Teams, sometimes IME turns off when I enter roman alphabets pressing Shift with IME on. Then, what happens is I press Enter without notice that IME turns off and submit the message accidentally. It's quite stressful.

If I can choose not to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. create channel

I cannot add a channel. Channel disappears after created under a team.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base