Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Staffhub

Microsoft Staffhub was far easier to maneuver, easier to shift trade and view your work colleagues calendar. Often my reminders or notifications are behind or do not appear. I am. Unable to view my colleagues calendars and the phone ap needs to significantly improve

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi There – My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would love to learn more about your issues. You should be able to see your colleagues shifts (assuming they are published of course) via the calendar or the time clock icon when youclick on a specific shift. If that’s not the case can you please file a bug with more details? we need more information investigate the root cause. Same goes for notification that should work without any issues. Thank in advance. We will keep working hard performance and usability of the app.

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

2. Allow the navigation bar, once edited to show different apps, to stay that way.

The navigation bar now allows users to change which apps appear at the bottom, and which will appear once the navigation bar is swiped up. Each time the app is closed, the navigation bar resets to the apps already chosen by Microsoft.

It's infuriating and no matter how many times it gets changed, it will change back to the original settings.

Shifts should already be a standard on the navigation bar. It makes it very difficult for new users to understand and they tend not to know how to access Shifts until it is too late as there is no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback. My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. I apologize for the bad experience and wanted to address your concerns below:
    1. Navigation bar resets: this should not happen and the configuration of your “app tray” should not change. Can you please report a problem and add a screenshot if possible?
    2. The admin of your company can create app policies that create the default view for your team on mobile and web. She/he can make sure that the Shifts app is pinned and visible for new users. More info can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-app-setup-policies
    3. Notification – We support basic Shifts notification (unless the user disabled them on her mobile phone) so I wanted to know what is the use case that you refer to exactly. Do you expect to see notification of a shift that…

3. Voicemail on busy

When someone calls me, either internally or externally, and I'm on another call, the default behavior should send the call to voicemail after popping a notification and perhaps a subtle ring. This business of ringing more than once when I'm on a call is not helpful.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow upload of pre-recorded video

It would be great to upload a pre-recorded video such as a or town hall. This would allow producers to switch between the pre-recorded content and the live component.
    It would also allow people to use Live Events for webinars with better production value as they could record the content beforehand and then be available to answer Q&A live.

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic) Language Support

Please add Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic) language support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please include Kannada language in immersive Reader,

We have lot of students in Karnataka, India who use Kannada as their mother tongue and learn and use microsoft applications, it would be helpful to all the children, mainly who hails from rural background

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. como hago para eliminar las conversaciones

en el mismo icono de actividad.,debería haber la opción de poder eliminar la conversacion

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Link previews render using the wrong language

I've set the app language in Teams to English (US) but sometimes link previews are rendered in some other language. For example links to twitter render in Dutch (I think), see attached image.

The link sent was:
    https://twitter.com/settings/sessions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Postpone upgrade button should be fully shown in Japanese

When postponing upgrade from Skype for Business to Teams via Microsoft Teams admin center, the text on the Postpone upgrade button in Japanese is not fully shown, and it shows “…” instead.

I would request the button to display full text in Japanese.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custom Praise images please

We would like to be able to upload our own images so that we can praise staff using our praise/values identity.

This would assist us to move from other communications tools which currently have this functionality.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hawaiian language support

We would like MS to support the Hawaiian language in Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Is it possible to write an C# desktop CTI adapter that observes incoming/outgoing calls over Teams and also starts them?

Goal: Connect Existing .NET desktop CTI client with a running instance of Microsoft Teams

Is it possible with Teams SDK:
    • to observe incoming PSTN calls that go trough Teams client?
    • to accept or deny the incoming PSTN call?
    • to observe the call status of the PSTN call (offering, connected, disconnected)?
    • to initiate a new phone call with the PSTN number?

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Using "Du" instead of "Sie" as Language/Local option

In German you have "Du" and "Sie" for the englisch "you". It's usefull to can change between both.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add location AD to search capability

Currently in Skype you can search for individuals by location from AD, then you can select a user based a search results. Very helpful to find individuals at a specific location and/or department -- would like to see this feature enabled in Teams. Currently you have to know exactly who you are trying to IM in advance.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mulitple timezones in Meetings Tab

My team is in multiple timezone. Therefore it would be great if I could see another timezone next to mine in the Meetings Tab, just like I can in Outlook.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Invitation mail language is different against auto-detect language.

The language of the teams invitation email will depend on the language settings of the receiver.
    However, users who use Teams in English often receive an invitation email in other language.
    I think that language is selected a tenant account settings .
    Because We use Teams in the language detected automatically from a browser or an OS, we want to send an invitation email in that language.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In the german translation, please use 'du' instead of 'sie'

Please don't use the way too formal 'Sie', but instead 'Du'. This totally disturbs the user experience

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keyboard shortcuts to type Umlaute and other international characters

In other O365 apps I can use keyboard shortcuts to type international characters on an English keyboard, for example, ç = ctrl+, and c, or ä = ctrl+: and a. See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/keyboard-shortcuts-for-international-characters-108fa0c1-fb8e-4aae-9db1-d60407d13c35. This is missing in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BToE

We need BToE support with our Polycom deskphones. Without it, we will have to always run Skype for Business side by side to sign in our users to the phones.

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base