Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

472 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add the Party Parrot emojis

Please add more emojis. For example
    Add the onion emoji.
    Add the poop emoji.
    Add a “curtsy” emoji to compliment the “bow”.
    Bring the fistbump emoji over from Skype into Teams.
    Add the Party Parrot emoji collection.
    Add emojis that relay more positive messages (most seem negative).
    Add flags emoji collection.
    Add “canyoutalk” emoji from Skype.
    Add medical-themed emojis for those who work in the medical field.

645 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team.

-Warren

3. Persistent notification

I'm using Mac and one annoying thing is that I'm not getting notified of new messages in team channels (whether I'm mentioned or not) because I missed the banner in the top right of the screen, either from being away from my desk or focusing on my second screen. The red icon is added to the actual application icon in the dock menu when I get a direct chat but there should be something here to indicate that team chats have new messages

745 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under consideration by the feature team.

-Warren

4. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

5. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

2,661 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

364 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

16,454 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1581 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

8. When teams logs out it should give a different message

When you get logged out in the mac client it says:

"You signed out of your account
    It's a good idea to close all browser windows."

1. I did not sign out it autosigned out on it's own. The wording implies some action I did signed me out rather than an auto timeout.

2. I am using the mac client not a browser. Perhaps behind the scenes it is just a browser, but this terminology is confusing.

3. It saying "it is a good idea to close all browser windows" implies both that I need to close browser windows (not true with the…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks Ben for this information and your insight. Its really helpful. I have sent this to the design team so its under review.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

9. Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
    - Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
    - Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
    - etc....

2,239 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is under review by the feature team. No new feedback at this time.
    -Warren

10. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

1,767 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  139 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

591 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

12. Integrate the client login with Office 365

Integrate the client login with Office 365, similar to the integration of OneNote, Word, and Excel. This utilizes the current login information instead of prompting the user for credentials each time the client is started.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now under review by the feature team.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    -Warren

13. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

3,634 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

524 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

14. Support for planner charts

It looks like in it's current "preview" form, the planner charts that show the circular "status" chart, the "members" bar chart, etc. are not present. It would be great to have these back for each plan that's being worked on. Our Teams use these quite a bit. Thanks.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

1,263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

16. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

1,127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

591 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Relax browser support check

The current browser support check is too pessimistic and prevents some modern browsers from loading Microsoft Teams. For example, up-to-date Chrome on Ubuntu Linux is not considered a supported browser, even though changing the User-Agent string to Chrome on Windows allows Teams to load without any problems.

Please consider a) just letting the browser try to load Teams, b) using feature detection instead of the User-Agent string, or c) blacklisting known broken browsers instead of whitelisting if the User-Agent string is used.

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review by the feature team. No new details yet.
    -Warren

19. Include Yammer as a Office365 App like Planer

Connector or App Integration for Yammer

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still under review by the feature team. No additional details are available. I will keep asking and hope to have more details soon.

-Warren

20. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,653 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base