Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

1,013 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

168 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll update this topic as we move through the decision process. Thank you for the suggestion.

-Warren

2. When teams logs out it should give a different message

When you get logged out in the mac client it says:

"You signed out of your account
    It's a good idea to close all browser windows."

1. I did not sign out it autosigned out on it's own. The wording implies some action I did signed me out rather than an auto timeout.

2. I am using the mac client not a browser. Perhaps behind the scenes it is just a browser, but this terminology is confusing.

3. It saying "it is a good idea to close all browser windows" implies both that I need to close browser windows (not true with the…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks Ben for this information and your insight. Its really helpful. I have sent this to the design team so its under review.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

3. Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
    - Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
    - Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
    - etc....

1,687 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is under review by the feature team. No new feedback at this time.
    -Warren

4. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

1,311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  111 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

528 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

6. Integrate the client login with Office 365

Integrate the client login with Office 365, similar to the integration of OneNote, Word, and Excel. This utilizes the current login information instead of prompting the user for credentials each time the client is started.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now under review by the feature team.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    -Warren

7. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

2,723 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

422 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

8. Support for planner charts

It looks like in it's current "preview" form, the planner charts that show the circular "status" chart, the "members" bar chart, etc. are not present. It would be great to have these back for each plan that's being worked on. Our Teams use these quite a bit. Thanks.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow on premise bots

By allowing bots which are hosted "on premise" (behind a company firewall), one allow to access systems from that company.
    This is the situation for many companies where the infrastructure or services which need to be reachable by bots is not on the public internet.

Some scenarios:
    - A bot is running behind a company firewall
    - The bot connects to MS teams, joins a channel, and "listens" to conversations (outbound connection to the internet)

This enables interactions like:
    - @bot, list defects (from an in-house issue tracker)
    - @bot, add capacity to applicationx (after an authorization phase, on-prem application…

319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still investigating this item and a decision has not been made yet.

-Warren

10. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

1,076 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

11. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

805 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

514 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Relax browser support check

The current browser support check is too pessimistic and prevents some modern browsers from loading Microsoft Teams. For example, up-to-date Chrome on Ubuntu Linux is not considered a supported browser, even though changing the User-Agent string to Chrome on Windows allows Teams to load without any problems.

Please consider a) just letting the browser try to load Teams, b) using feature detection instead of the User-Agent string, or c) blacklisting known broken browsers instead of whitelisting if the User-Agent string is used.

388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review by the feature team. No new details yet.
    -Warren

14. Include Yammer as a Office365 App like Planer

Connector or App Integration for Yammer

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still under review by the feature team. No additional details are available. I will keep asking and hope to have more details soon.

-Warren

15. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,570 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

16. Access to email from left tab panel

If there was an Outlook tab integrated on the left, similar to the Meetings tab (which is effectively the Outlook calendar), one could stay in Teams all day and not have to switch out.

6,590 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

427 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adding email as a left tab panel remains under review. We are working on adding several Teams and email integrations:

- Share to Teams: Share a copy of an email and any attachments into a chat or channel directly from Outlook

- Share to Outlook: Share a copy of a channel or chat conversation via email directly from Teams

- Actionable Teams Activity Emails: Teams missed activity emails display the latest replies and allow you to reply directly from Outlook

See this post for more information:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/what-s-new-in-microsoft-teams-microsoft-ignite-2019/ba-p/937025.

Thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base