Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Request control Button

Request control Button should either be placed inside the overflow or, it should ask confirmation once from the user before requesting for control from the presenter.
    Many times it happens that we click the Request control button accidentally since it is big and right next to the participants button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Request control Button

Request control Button should either be placed inside the overflow or, it should ask confirmation once from the user before requesting for control from the presenter.
    Many times it happens that we click the Request control button accidentally since it is big and right next to the participants button

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tatti hai

Mujhe bilkul pasand ni aaya AATHU!!!!...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. About [Convert ink to figure] function

I want you to make the [Convert ink to shapes] function available for the Whiteboard application for the Web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple conversations within a chat

Sometimes i'll be having a conversation with my colleagues, say the PM and the Tech Lead, and we'll end up discussing 3 or 4 separate issues / topics in one discussion. It gets a bit tough to track the separate conversations.

It would be great if (on desktop at least) the chat window had multiple separate columns of chat that functioned independently so that we could chat about the different topics separately.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MS Teams doesn't differentiate between when one is presenting or in meeting, it always show RED status.

MS Teams doesn't differentiate between when one is presenting or in meeting, it always show RED status. Other person who wants to reach you may not able to identify if you are in meeting or presenting also.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restrict guest users' file viewing

*English follows Japanese

Microsoft Teams にてゲスト ユーザーにのみ閲覧を制限する機能
    Restrict guest users' file viewing

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams ではゲスト ユーザーもメンバーと同じ権限が付与されファイルの閲覧を制限できない。
    ゲスト ユーザーのみファイルの閲覧を制限する機能の拡充を希望します。
    Currently, in Microsoft Teams, guest users have the same permissions as members and their viewing files cannot be restricted.
    So, please add an option to restrict their file viewing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restrict guest users' file viewing

Microsoft Teams にてゲスト ユーザーにのみ閲覧を制限する機能
    Restrict guest users' file viewing

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams ではゲスト ユーザーもメンバーと同じ権限が付与されファイルの閲覧を制限できない。
    ゲスト ユーザーのみファイルの閲覧を制限する機能の拡充を希望します。
    Currently, in Microsoft Teams, guest users have the same permissions as members and their viewing files cannot be restricted.
    So, please add an option to restrict their file viewing.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Widget Change status iphone

Create a widget for the iPhone app for the notification screen (far left panel when you swipe from home screen) where you can change status/message and maybe see missed messages/channel activity/etc maybe like 4 buckets

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Status never changes automatically... Please make it like skype that if screen if off it should say away.

Status never changes automatically... Please make it like skype that if screen if off it should say away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Find some way to make it CLEAR in the UI for how to summon and maximize/bring to the forefront a minimized live Teams meeting screen.

I find that in live meetings that I have joined, its a fact that I have to multitask and or side chat. When I try to return to the meeting I have trouble finding it to re-maximize it and bring it to the forefront again. Sometimes I am fixed to join the meeting a 2nd time. It shouldn't be this difficult but yeah I get lost. I would like it where the minimized meeting window could be set to be Always On Top and possibly have a bright yellow flashing border. It would optional for those as who want high…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. can pin small screensharing on desktop

I often do other things on screen when attending meeting, hope to have a feature to pin the screen sharing to desktop, so that I can see the shared screen by others while working on my own files.

It is similar to the pinned box at the bottom but hope to show more than the speaker.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. raise various face icon(instead of raising the hand)

If you can raise various face icons instead of (or add-on)"raising your hand" during the meeting, I know the reaction of the other person. It is difficult to see responsive when muted.
    I want the icons to show emotions with colors so that the reaction can be seen even when everyone is displayed at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Require Microsoft 365 authentication when a meeting URL is accessed

会議 URL アクセス時に Microsoft 365 認証を求める機能について
    Require Microsoft 365 authentication when a meeting URL is accessed

■Description(内容):
    現在、会議 URL へアクセスすると、Web アプリの Microsoft Teams が展開され、ブラウザー側で Microsoft 365 にサインインしていない場合は、ゲストとして参加もしくはサインインが選択できます。
    ゲストとして参加した場合、UPNなどが監査ログに記載されず、サインインの選択が画面下部にあることによりユーザーが気づきにくい状況です。
    また、匿名ユーザーのアクセスを禁止にした場合も、ゲストとして参加はできなくなりますが、上記のゲスト参加、サインインの選択画面は表示され、ゲストとして参加するとエラーとなることから、ユーザーに混乱を招きます。
    管理上、ユーザーには、サインインした状態で会議参加することを必須としたいため、会議 URL アクセス時に Microsoft 365 のサインインが求められる機能を要望します。

Currently, when you access a meeting URL, Microsoft Teams web app starts up and, if you are not signed into Microsoft 365 in a browser, you are presented with a choice of either joining as a guest or signing in.
    When joining as a guest, the UPN etc. are not recorded in the audit log and the sign-in option appears at the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to change the view of a SharePoint Online document library when added to a Teams tab

Teams のタブに SharePoint Online のドキュメント ライブラリのビューの表示変更機能
    Option to change the view of a SharePoint Online document library when added to a Teams tab

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のタブに SharePoint Online のドキュメント ライブラリを追加すると、規定のビュー以外設定ができません。
    このビューの表示について、SharePoint Online 側でのカスタム ビューが適用される機能、または、Microsoft Teams 側で変更できる機能を要望します。

Currently, when adding a document library of SharePoint Online to a tab of Microsoft Teams, only the default view can be set.
    I would like an option to apply a custom view on SharePoint Online or to change the view on Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep Teams for Linux features on par with the Windows version

The features and functions discrepancy between the Linux and Windows versions grow with each release. This seems to become the same issue as Microsoft had/has with Skype where a Linux version is release but maintaining a release on par with Windows is non-existent.

The idea/suggestion to have all releases on all platforms on par with functions and features. This will also prevent discrepancies and platform incompatibilities between users of different operating systems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Setting to require a password whenever starting Teams mobile app

Teams モバイルアプリでアプリ起動時に必ずパスワードを要求する設定について
    Setting to require a password whenever starting Teams mobile app

■Description(内容):
    Teams モバイルアプリにて、初期設定以降はアプリ起動時に自動でサインインされるが、アプリ起動時に必ずパスワードを要求する設定を追加して欲しい。
    At present, sign-in to Teams mobile app becomes automatic after the initial setting. I want a setting where a user is required a password whenever they start the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Include System Audio" from Teams using Mac, please

"Include System Audio" from Teams using Mac, please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)