Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust Team Picture (Reposition/Resize)

I find the lack of adjustment (positioning and zoom) annoying in Teams. I would like to be able to use a product/company logos for the team picture without having to manually crop/resize the pictures in microsoft paint using trial and error to get them to display nicely.

Pretty much all websites/chat programs has the functionality I have described. I have attached an example of the desired behaviour - available in Skype, but not available in Teams :(

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Wanted to post that we acknowledge this feedback. We’re cranking on quite a few new features, so while you won’t see this soon, please know its on our to-do list!

I’ll let you know as it progresses forward.

Suphatra

2. Allow to post a reply to a conversation via REST

Currently it is quite easy to start a conversation via the webhook of a channel.

It would be great if the POST of this webhook would return an conversation id. This id could then be used in a subsequent request to reply to the initial conversation.

282 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

1,666 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

4. Don't hide channels in the "More channels" dropdown when there is space to display them

If there's only one more channel, it doesn't make sense to hide it behind a "More channels dropdown", you're not saving any space. I've noticed this with a few things in Teams, if there is room to display all of the channels vertically, or very few extra channels, it's bad UX to hide them behind a link.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The feature team is reviewing this ask and working on a solution for team templates without content, as well as considering ways to create teams from template with content (i.e. files, etc.). We will share an update as soon as one is available.

6. Allow moving a tab between channels

Allow moving any tab, besides files and conversation, between channels in a group. On top of being able to dragging tabs to rearrange them in a channel, allow us to drag the tab to a different channel altogether. If any conversation topics at about items in that tab, it would be nice to have those seamlessly migrate to the new channel as well.

For bonus points: Allow moving a tab between groups, in the event a group needs to be 'discontinued' without losing the data.

447 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Trello connector should allow you to create a card in Trello from a post in Teams

Our team uses Trello to track agile development activities and we use Teams as our end user community. If I could take a post in teams and create a card from it, that would be wonderful! For example, if an end user posted an issue to Teams, I would love to push it to trello so that our development team could work on it.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll keep you posted as we get closer to a decision.
    -Warren

8. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

1,632 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

226 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

9. Support for Landscape mode in iOS/Android app

Landscape support for iOS would be a real differentiation point to Slack. Slack lacks support for years now. Users of plus size devices would love to read and type to a channel. If you use a Plus size device in landscape and switch to Teams it is quiet annoying that the orientation switches to Portrait as well.

423 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to hide or minimize gifs (at user level)

I like a lot about Teams. However, one of the nice features of your main competitor is that on things like GIFs you can minimize them. GIFs are fun, but after the initial fun they are annoying to keep seeing auto playing in the feed. So a way to minimize them in the feed would be great.

414 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

11. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

2,558 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

12. Can incoming emails sent into a channel generate notifications the same way conversations do?

If I'm following a channel I'd like to be able to receive notifications on ALL activity in that channel. The biggest thing that's missing is the ability to get banner notifications and a number in the Teams icon (like when someone posts a new conversation) for incoming emails to the channel.

We want to have a group of people monitor automated alerts coming into a channel and respond to them but without notifications we have to keep bringing the Teams window up and manually checking it.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team. No ETA for a decision yet.

-Warren

13. rearrange channel tabs

Is it possible to rearrange tabs under a channel?

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Intro Video

There is no way to exit the Intro Video. I had to close the Tab. Add a close button.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Whoa, good catch! Thanks Matt. I’ll send this over to the team so they can fix.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

15. Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
    Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

2,705 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

383 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mass add users to a channel or team

Please add mass add users to a channel or team.
    Like we use on other Office 365 services. email@domain;email@domain and (if possible) @everyone something like that.
    I'm using and loving Microsoft Teams :-)
    Thanks a lot.

2,137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

432 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share T-Bot Answers with the Team

T-Bot is great, but I can't share the results with my Team so I have to tell them what to ask him for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I love this idea! I’ve sent it over to our T-bot guy. :-)

I’ll keep you posted on where this goes.

Suphatra

18. Alert when there is no update

when you "Check for updates" give a response even if no update available.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Oscar, I sent this to our release manager! I think he’ll like the idea. I’ll let you know if we move on it.

Have a great weekend.

Suphatra

19. Sway in "+" tab

There should be the option to add sway presentations in the "+" app tab

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  48 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom Team Member Roles

Currently for any given team, there are only two options: member or owner.

This only allows for two tiers of permissions. It would be great if there was the ability to either add custom roles to add more granularity for adding/removing permissions for different tiers of teammates.

602 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The feature team is currently reviewing this ask and investigating how best to accomplish this. Please continue to provide your comments and votes. We will post an update as soon as one is available.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base