Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. At end of meeting possibility to setup vote/rate topics

Customized Survey for at end of meeting to rate the presentation or content or follow up feedback or voting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add Block Feature on teams with caller id.

Block person on teams with Caller id so that he or she can not call and chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize meeting invitation

If you want to adjust the general meeting settings, there are actually only a few options. Besides the logo-url, a legal/help notice and a footer, there are no options whatsoever. You can't choose which comes first. I would like to have at least one extra custom field.

I would like to be able to change order of the options. For example, I would like to add some text under my invitation and then put an url below. That's not possible right now.

Also, it would be nice if a user could add 1 or 2 custom fields to the invitation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure DevOps always uses status 'completed' as criteria for velocity or burndown chart creation.

The Azure DevOps always uses status 'completed' as criteria for velocity or burndown chart creation. This criteria should be configurable and indivisual team can decide whats there definition of done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Per team icon menu

I current have 20 teams, the teams menu became unmanageable. I need to scroll up and down heavily to find a team and then a channel - and the information presented in a single level is huge.

My proposal is the following:
    - Create a second level menu at team level.

- Use a left menu just visualizing Team Icon

- Whenever there is an update in a Team you see the no. of messages pending to review.

• Once you click on a Team Icon a third level menu appears and shows the open channels

It would make the each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to receive calls on Android device

*English follows Japanese

Android 端末で着信ができない
    Unable to receive calls on Android device

■Description(内容):
    Android 端末で、SIM が有る状態では Microsoft Teams にて着信できるが、SIM を外し、Wifi のみにすると、Teamsで着信 ができない。
    制限や通知、ポリシーに問題はないため、Microsoft Teams モバイル アプリ側の制限等によるものと推測しております。
    そのため、Microsoft Teams モバイル アプリ側での機能改善を希望します。
    We can receive calls on Microsoft Teams in an Android device with SIM, but without the SIM and only with Wi-Fi, we cannot.
    There are no issues with restrictions, notifications or policies. So, we presume that this is due to some restrictions imposed on the Microsoft Teams mobile app.
    Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. change the duration of a status

Be able to modify the duration of when the status changes automatically, like on skype and other communication/meeting app. When I am in front of my pc but my status passes on away 5 min after just because I am not touching my PC, reviewing a paper document for instance, it is misleading for my colleagues to think I am away or not available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding Channel to as participant to a "Chat"

It would be good to have the option to add a channel as a "participant" to a channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How Admins Delete Chats for Specific Meetings

I want the administrator to add a way to delete chats for a particular meeting

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Effectively using real estate so that screen sharing gets maximum area

Firstly, lets me start with appreciation note, it’s good to see that with new update, when Teams meeting starts it opens in new window. Very welcoming and required feature, now users can make best use of their multiple monitors.

Now coming to my feedback *** feature request. In Teams meeting due to top ribbon showing meeting controls and bottom ribbon showing Participant List, it takes up good amount of real estate due to which if someone is sharing desktop, real estate available for it is very less. In today's world most users have wider screens, so horizontal real estate available…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Screen sharing with high resolution shall be reduced to 1920x1080

Hello MS, can you please do a conversion from my high resolution display when i do a screen share. All the time i need to adjust to 1920x1080 else the consumers of my screen share can see nothing. That means each time i share i reduce the resolution manually.
    So please provide it via the Win10 notification area to switch the resoluiton faster, or automatically send my high resolution in 1920x1080 to screen share consumers.

Many thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom picture for chennels

In One team we can have multiple channels and those are pinned to top. Having different picture allow users to identify the channel quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add the ability to work with different languages. Some of this aspects should generally apply for Office 365.

When not based in the English speaking world or a native speaker we need different languages to be selectable independently for: App language, Invitation, Spellchecking, Keyboard.
    Everything at the moment does not reflect our reality e.g. here in Germany.Where's the option to switch the invitation language for Teams to English?

Generally for Teams I'd like:
    1. App language in German (as I'm used to have German menus for years and need to search otherwise as not being familiar with the English expressions)
    2. Spell cheeking: Should do a language auto detect (my mac does this everywhere based on 5 system…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can I @all members in the group at one time and no need to @one by one?

Can I @all members in the group at one time and no need to @one by one?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display name of Teams group chat

Teams グループチャットの表示名について
    Display name of Teams group chat

■Description(内容):
    Teams グループチャットに登録した場合、チャット欄の左側 "最近のチャット" に一行分最新の登録が表示されるが、投稿者の表示名に姓が登録されている場合、表示名ではなく、姓が表示されてしまう。
    チャット投稿の投稿者名を表示名で統一するよう、動作改修を要望します。

If you are registered for Teams group chat, one line of the latest registration is displayed in the "Recent chats" on the left side of the chat field. But if the contributor's surname is registered as their display name, their surname is displayed instead of their display name.
    We request that the contributor name in a chat post be unified with their display name.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I want you to implement the ability to view or output a list of personal chats created in your tenant.

■Title(件名):
    テナント内で作成されている個人チャットを一覧で表示または出力する機能を実装してほしい。

I want you to implement the ability to view or output a list of personal chats created in your tenant.

テナント内で作成されている個人チャットを管理するために、個人チャットを一覧表示する機能が必要。
    機能の実装を希望します。

In order to manage personal chats created in the tenant, you need the ability to list personal chats.
    Please implement the feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Start again

Go back to square one and modernise the interface. And please make it consistent between apps. I am not a Luddite, I have been adapting and using PC’s since the days of the Z80 chip, and teams is like a step back in time. It tries to do too many things and none of them well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automation of common/mundane items while chatting

Provide autofill option/configuration for name (ex. Hi {name of the opposite chat person}) and wishing message of the day for first chat Hi {Opposite chatee's name}

This helps reduce mundane task of typing and increases user happiness and producitivity

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In order to be able to perform content search more easily, I want you to implement a function so that you can specify the search range more

■Title(件名):
    コンテンツ検索にて、特定のチャネルや、個人チャットを検索範囲と指定できる機能を実装してほしい。

In content search, I want you to be able to specify a specific channel or personal chat as the search range.

より簡易的にコンテンツ検索が行えるよう、特定のチャネルや個人チャット等、より細かく検索範囲を指定できるよう機能を実装してほしい。

In order to be able to perform content search more easily, I want you to implement a function so that you can specify the search range more finely, such as a specific channel or personal chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The action bar that pops up for mute . raise hand and other options ... is really really annoying. Please move it some other palce. please

The action bar that pops up for mute . raise hand and other options ... is really really annoying. Please move it some other palce. please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base