Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block User

Please add a functionality to BLOCK any user.
    If a user is Blocked , he/she should not be able to Call or Message you.

Kindly consider this request on priority beacuse lot of us are struggling.

Thanks !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Breakout Rooms - should be able to reconfigure time to enter room and set time for room to automatically close

It would be great to have option to turn off 10-second countdown that is in place for before participants can enter breakout rooms. Everyone is ready and we end up wasting time when people could already be in the break out room and discussing.

It would be good if you could set breakout rooms to automatically close after a chosen amount of time and everyone automatically gets a notification 1 minute before the room is due to close.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to copy a page from the wiki tab.

I want to copy the content on the page, not the link to the page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to check PC name and local user name

Currently, we have confirmed that there is no function to check the subject from the sign-in information of Teams and Outlook client apps.
    I would like to implement a function to check user information from a client application.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give Teams Telephone access to public folder contacts

We want to use Teams as a replacement for our old on premise phone system

Calling works great so far but teams seem jnable to access our publich contact folder. It only shows contacts from the user adressbook that is currently logged in

this is a dealbreaker for us. Every other softphone i know if offers this functional teams needs to get this too to be usable softphone in an office environment

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team to annotate like Zoom

As a fortune 500 company, i do not understand why MS team is still not able to annotate like Zoom (just a startup) , please follow zoom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. That you can join the computer like WhatsApp Web!!!

Solutions to sign in to different devices...!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. dont mark read until every message or posts are checked.

sometime message got lost in between since channel marks as read just looking at the latest message. if it marks unread until checked it from last viewed message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you include a reply to message option? The message replied will be quoted. this will make it easier for people to track replies.

Can you include a reply to message option? The message replied will be quoted. this will make it easier for people to track replies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have a button to alert your teacher or host that you are stepping away from your computer to go to the bathroom, etc..

Often times, you have to raise your hand and talk to the host or teacher to alert them that you are stepping away from your computer, which hinders the flow of the presentation and conversation. A private chat to the teacher might also be helpful, as students don't have the chat feature in teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keyboard shortcuts for Rich Format button/features?

On desktop it's great to be able to use rich format controls, which all require mouse clicks (i.e. need to click the Format button and click/select relevant rich features).. in the modern internet-era, this is cumbersome! we need:
    * keyboard shortcut for the rich Format button itself (i.e. launch it)
    * keyboard shortcuts for different formatting options, e.g. quick indenting of a line

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Due dates for each sub-task on the checklist in Tasks by Planner

I'd like to be able to assign a due date to each sub-task listed in the "Checklist" in Tasks by Planner"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Teams home personal account put a call on hold and live captions and reporting problems

add functions
    put a call on hold Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit and
    call recording and live captions will add these proposed features in a future update release,
    and I would like to report that the entire teams application freezes or some functions do not work but only on personal home accounts,these and other functions and proposed identified problems will be effectively removed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Digital Ink

I use a Microsoft Surface and I would like to use digital ink to add notes to the files my students upload within their tasks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Uscire da un team

Dovrebbe essere più facile poter uscire da un team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. email the participants of Teams group chats participants. Teams group chat to share to outlook!

If we have a teams group chat, should be able to send an email to all participants of the teams group chat irrespecitve of channel or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve the presenter's view while presenting a power point presentation

During a meeting, while presenting a power point presentation the presenter cannot see:
    1) the audience via video
    2) the chat
    3) if someone raises a hand
    These option ae important during a meeting and exist in Zoom/Google Meet

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Teams home personal account has no audio and video settings and noise reduction

Microsoft Teams home personal account has no audio and video settings and noise reduction please consider my suggestion on this in future Teams planned updates,and the last suggestion, add the possibility for Teams to stick to one Microphone or Camera settings because now each time it automatically changes to a different available Camera in the Laptop,Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 32 bit and 64 bit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Assignments - set these by #tag

I would like to be able to set assignments by using the #tags that I have already created in my Team. This would mean I could set an assignment to a specific group of pupils rather than having to select them individually every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full screen mode at iOS or iPadOS app

Full screen mode(focus mode) at iOS or ipadOS devices is very missing and should be implemented in order to keep quality of app such as desktop one. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base