Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Launguage

Where to set up or change UI language?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Users added to team line removed

In each general channel a new line gets created for all new users added to a team. Can this line be removed?
    As an example I setup a team and get some posts ready for welcome messages and introductions, then when I add groups of people, after a few lines all my messages have pushed up and off the screen.
    We have one specific team for all in the business and all the threads are getting lost as we add each department/individuals one by one.

5,178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

700 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group Voicemail

We have a number of teams that use a group phone number, and hence would like to have a group voicemail box so that anyone in the group can access the voicemail

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

888 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The presence of Teams users has switched to a subscription based model that brings near real time updates! Most of the time we expect presence updates to be reflected in a matter of a few seconds. It’s true for all scenarios like user’s calendar update, the Teams app status, or what the user decides to set manually. Enjoy!

5. Fix “tildel hjerte”

The is a mistake in the Danish translation of like. “Tildel hjerte” means “give heart” and does not make any sense, since the ‘like’ is a thumbs up..
    ‘Like’ is adopted by the Danes, so just use that instead...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow anonymous guests to chat within a meeting

Currently, if a guest joins a meeting anonymously, it seems they cannot chat with each other or the organiser.

If someone wanted to use Teams to webcast to a wide range of users who mostly don't have a Teams account, and may be private citizens rather than organisations, the only option for them to join is anonymously.

But they then can't use the Chat feature to ask questions (which would be preferable to them using audio on a busy webcast).

Or is this feature already planned in and coming soon...?

Thanks,

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate Microsoft FindTime

Would love to have the ability to post a Microsoft FindTime poll within a Team for scheduling meetings within the group. It's already a plugin for Outlook, integrating it with Teams could allow a quick FindTime poll with the members of the team, rather than having to manually select each member of the team every time a poll is needed.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Darktheme

Dark theme on mobile would had been very nice! My mobile twitter has it and i love it,i hope this one gets it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
    Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

1,890 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

360 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a "Raise Your Hand" feature in meetings

When in a meeting with multiple people it would be nice to have a way to signal that you would like to speak so that you can be called upon by the meeting organizer.

This would allow users to show they have something to say, but they do not want to interrupt

4,852 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

380 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatic DND when presenting

Automatically set status to Do Not Disturb/DND when presenting or sharing screen like on Skype. It's very inconvenient when banners for personal chat notifications come up during meetings, sometimes the content is not to be shared with others. If not that then allow for the option to not show actual text in the banner notifications.

1,167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Status is automatically set to Presenting in Teams when screen sharing is started during a Teams meeting.

For other suggestions mentioned in the comments, please follow the following UserVoice items:

- Mute notifications when on a video or audio call: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40228330
    - Respect focus assist: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16950997

Thanks.

12. Add "What's happening today?" Status

Skype for Business has a "What's happening today?" custom status under their name which users can write custom messages such as "Teleworking" or "At Lunch". Teams should have this also.

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Flashing Icon in task bar for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

1,034 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

192 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Small missing detail from Norwegian translation

In the teams application it says "go to store" when you press the dots on the left hand menu, as well as the main title in the store is "Store".

It probably should be translated and implemented?

("Butikk", "gå til butikk") or something like it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams notifications have stopped working for current chat

Microsoft Teams has stopped showing notifications for your 'current' conversation (the currently selected chat in Teams, where the history is visible). Notifications appear as normal for other chats, but if you get further responses to the 'current' chat - and the window is either hidden, minimised, or closed completely and running the background - then you get no notification (toast, or flashing in the taskbar) and the new conversation isn't bolded in the left sidebar of Teams where the chats are listed.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to Mute a Conversation Thread

Please allow the ability for individual users to mute replies to a thread they have participated in. Allow this to be a toggle located under the three dot menu or an additional hover button.

1,655 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Muting of conversation threads is available to the public. Just like muting a chat, turning off notifications to a channel conversation will stop you from receiving updates for that specific conversation.

To turn off notifications for specific conversations

• Go to the beginning of a conversation in a channel
    • Go to the top right corner of the original message in the conversation thread and select More options … > Turn off notifications.
  17. Email notification for messages I've already read

Please stop sending email notifications about chat messages I've got that I've already read!!!!!!!!!!!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Screen sharing within chat

I need to be able to share my screen with a coworker at a different location WITHIN a chat. I also need my coworker to be able take over my computer within chat. Right now it seems you can only share your screen during a meeting.

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

This is done! Happy holidays. Tweet me at @skprufo if you have any questions.
    Suphatra

19. delete recorded meeting

There is no way to delete a meeting that has been recorded in a channel. There have been a couple of times that I have started and ended one realizing I was in the wrong channel or that I didn't give it a title or topic name.

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base