Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need more GIFS please...........

Please can you add more GIFS so we have more to choose from like we have on Twitter. It increases staff interaction and makes TEAMS really fun. I love TEAMS and this would make it perfect for me. Thanks very much in advance.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move task (planner) from channel to channel

I have a set of task in Team A>> Channel A. I would like that ability to move one or more task in the current channel to another team: Team B >> Channel B.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add message to "you got a new team"-email

When I add new members to a team I would like to add a message to the "you got a new team"-email. Just like that I can add a message when I share a file from OneDrive or SharePoint.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. unable to authenticate through browser pop

I am seeing a bug with the Teams’ desktop application (Windows and Mac) that doesn't support advanced security for user authentication.

When using the Teams’ desktop client the tab is unable to complete the authentication which pops a browser window to authenticate the user. The Teams’ web client pops the authentication window and authenticates the Teams’ tab user as expected.

The use case that triggered this: Trying to add a published Smartsheet to a tab in my Teams channel with the Smartsheet sheet publish option "Only available to users in owner's account" enabled.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to run Get-Team without Teams license assigned

To run get-team requires Teams license as per the update from MS. Please make it available without assigning Teams license. As many administrators in our customer does not have any license assigned.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed

It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scheduled auto-post messages/notifications on channels

Our teams posts routine updates/notifications on our channel (mainly posting who is the POC for the team on that day). It would be nice if we can schedule a specific message to be posted on specific timings (or even better if customizable messages for different timings) for automation.

361 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Putting this item under review so we can investigate the scenario. Currently you can use Flow to automate posting. DRI/POC can be maintained in a list or file and message can be sent to Teams channels at designated intervals. For schedules as mentioned you might also consider using the Shifts app inside of Teams. This would provide additional features like shift swapping, activity lists for each shift etc.

8. Search OneNote

Hi Team,

I created a OneNote Document in Teams. There's no option to search in that document. It requires to open document in OneNote online or OneNote application to be able to search.

Please Fix this issue!

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. O365 Germany

When will Microsoft Teams be available in Office 365 Germany?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks to the folks who flagged this bug is back. Please upvote to be subscribed to the status of this bug.

11. Edit Button is missing

the Edit button seems to have disappared. all we have is Mark as Unread in the Elipsis button

an update must have been done

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, the “Edit” button can be turned off at the Team and Tenant level. Please check your Team settings and your Tenant settings to see if that’s the case, then email Alex.Rector@microsoft.com with your findings. She’s investigating whether this is a bug or not.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

12. We want the Muppets from "real skype"!!!

The muppets are a great team building/ice breaking feature that can add life to a dull conversation. We want the Muppets!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear any additional news.
    -Warren

13. sending messages is causes timeline above it to jump back days or weeks

When I am chatting with team members, each time a send a message the chat history above jumps back days or weeks...and I have to scroll back down to the bottom. Very annoying.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Chris for sharing this! I’ve sent it straight to the Messaging team, who is investigating.

14. remove conversation tab

I would like the option to remove or hide the conversations tab. Teams is a great way to post and link to team related spreadsheets or slideshows and doesn't require a chat function. Keeping one sometimes means there are chat posts that are missed because they are not expected.

7,277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2390 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

16. 166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still discussing this suggestion. No decision has been made yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

-Warren

17. Resizing Issues!

We would like to see better resizing across the app.

For example:

Resizing chat windows
    Resizing channel width
    Resizable Teams menu
    Logo resizing
    Make columns resizable in Files tab
    Desktop app resizing to be mobile responsive
    Use 100% of resizable width
    Automatic resizing of PDFs
    Ability to resize the pane where search and favorites are show

540 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Issue with Android App

After 25 May update, I am unable to post Chat on Teams or take part in conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Shaishav,

Can you please send me your mobile logs? To send, just click “Send Feedback” on the little lightbulb in the mobile app.

Did this persist after rebooting your phone?

Suphatra

19. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

2,404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

233 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

20. Make Teams for Mac available in App Store/VPP

I love that OneNote is available in the Mac App Store, and it'd be great if Teams were too since it's also free. Deploying, updating and generally managing VPP apps is much simpler than having to package manually etc. This would make deploying Teams to our Mac departments much easier.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base