Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search OneNote

Hi Team,

I created a OneNote Document in Teams. There's no option to search in that document. It requires to open document in OneNote online or OneNote application to be able to search.

Please Fix this issue!

191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. O365 Germany

When will Microsoft Teams be available in Office 365 Germany?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks to the folks who flagged this bug is back. Please upvote to be subscribed to the status of this bug.

4. Edit Button is missing

the Edit button seems to have disappared. all we have is Mark as Unread in the Elipsis button

an update must have been done

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, the “Edit” button can be turned off at the Team and Tenant level. Please check your Team settings and your Tenant settings to see if that’s the case, then email Alex.Rector@microsoft.com with your findings. She’s investigating whether this is a bug or not.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

5. We want the Muppets from "real skype"!!!

The muppets are a great team building/ice breaking feature that can add life to a dull conversation. We want the Muppets!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear any additional news.
    -Warren

6. sending messages is causes timeline above it to jump back days or weeks

When I am chatting with team members, each time a send a message the chat history above jumps back days or weeks...and I have to scroll back down to the bottom. Very annoying.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Chris for sharing this! I’ve sent it straight to the Messaging team, who is investigating.

7. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

8. 150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still discussing this suggestion. No decision has been made yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

-Warren

9. Issue with Android App

After 25 May update, I am unable to post Chat on Teams or take part in conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Shaishav,

Can you please send me your mobile logs? To send, just click “Send Feedback” on the little lightbulb in the mobile app.

Did this persist after rebooting your phone?

Suphatra

10. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

1,422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

11. Adjust Team Picture (Reposition/Resize)

I find the lack of adjustment (positioning and zoom) annoying in Teams. I would like to be able to use a product/company logos for the team picture without having to manually crop/resize the pictures in microsoft paint using trial and error to get them to display nicely.

Pretty much all websites/chat programs has the functionality I have described. I have attached an example of the desired behaviour - available in Skype, but not available in Teams :(

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to post that we acknowledge this feedback. We’re cranking on quite a few new features, so while you won’t see this soon, please know its on our to-do list!

I’ll let you know as it progresses forward.

Suphatra

12. Allow to post a reply to a conversation via REST

Currently it is quite easy to start a conversation via the webhook of a channel.

It would be great if the POST of this webhook would return an conversation id. This id could then be used in a subsequent request to reply to the initial conversation.

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

919 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

14. Don't hide channels in the "More channels" dropdown when there is space to display them

If there's only one more channel, it doesn't make sense to hide it behind a "More channels dropdown", you're not saving any space. I've noticed this with a few things in Teams, if there is room to display all of the channels vertically, or very few extra channels, it's bad UX to hide them behind a link.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow moving a tab between channels

Allow moving any tab, besides files and conversation, between channels in a group. On top of being able to dragging tabs to rearrange them in a channel, allow us to drag the tab to a different channel altogether. If any conversation topics at about items in that tab, it would be nice to have those seamlessly migrate to the new channel as well.

For bonus points: Allow moving a tab between groups, in the event a group needs to be 'discontinued' without losing the data.

332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Trello connector should allow you to create a card in Trello from a post in Teams

Our team uses Trello to track agile development activities and we use Teams as our end user community. If I could take a post in teams and create a card from it, that would be wonderful! For example, if an end user posted an issue to Teams, I would love to push it to trello so that our development team could work on it.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll keep you posted as we get closer to a decision.
    -Warren

17. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

841 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

18. Support for Landscape mode in iOS/Android app

Landscape support for iOS would be a real differentiation point to Slack. Slack lacks support for years now. Users of plus size devices would love to read and type to a channel. If you use a Plus size device in landscape and switch to Teams it is quiet annoying that the orientation switches to Portrait as well.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to hide or minimize gifs (at user level)

I like a lot about Teams. However, one of the nice features of your main competitor is that on things like GIFs you can minimize them. GIFs are fun, but after the initial fun they are annoying to keep seeing auto playing in the feed. So a way to minimize them in the feed would be great.

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

20. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

2,056 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base