Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. microphone test before join

It will be great if teams will have the feature of microphone test like zoom meeting, so before joining the meeting we will be able to test our microphone is working properly or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the full right side chat area as droppable. It is painful to drop files only in the "New chat" area and succeed only after some trials

In Teams for Ubuntu 20, files can be dropped only in the Textarea for new chat. And not every time the files are attached. We have to be position it precisely else it fails. It will be better if the complete right section is made droppable. That way it becomes super easy for us to share files.

This could be similar to whatsapp web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Freeze/Pause Option in Teams while presenting screen.

There should be Freeze or Pause option to be available in MS Teams, so that while presenting our screen, we can freeze/pause our current window & do whatever we want without letting viewers.

Viewers only can see the window which we freezed/paused and once we are ready with our new content to show, we can unfreeze/resume that presentation to let viewers see our current live screen.

Its like a Freeze/Pause option we have in most of the Projectors we use in face to face meetings or presentation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. slight blur as background

hi while you have the blur and background feature, you can make out that it is fake. there is nothing like have a natural background. if you can add "slight background" as in google meet. that will be amazing. the blurring is so subtle that you can't see what's behind you at the same time it doesn't look fake.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sync with calendar to notify meetings.

Hey , this app is already in a great position but as I am a college student and many times I misses the lecture just because of my Forgotness . So i wish if there's a feature to notify me before 5 or 10 min before my schedule in Calendar.
    For this we can do two things one is we can add a inbuilt app feature for this or we can sync the Team schedule Calendar with my phone's Calendar (Google) . My phone's inbuilt calendar reminds me everything as well as my other meeting which i have feeded manually. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to get the audit log of Kaizala.

Kaizala's audit log is currently not available.
    Please implement a function to log Kaizala.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. About meetings with external parties

I would like to see an improvement in the message extensions when external users are included in the meeting participants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alert box

There should be alert box before turning on/off anything for example " You are turning on your Mic/Video are you sure? " .

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Download Teams attendance meeting report by the global admin

Would like to know the participant list for a meeting, participant's who had attended the meeting and participant's who did not attend the meeting from global admin perspective.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Specify users and meeting periods and extract audio quality reports in bulk.

If you are holding a large number of meetings to find out who the Poor users are, it is difficult to check the audio quality report. To make this easier, we would like to be able to specify the user and the period of the conference, and extract the audio quality report at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Voice echo when on a speaker

I guess this is a bug, when you start a call on a speaker and without a headphone, there is no voice echo to others, but if in the middle of the call when you plug-in a headphone fir sometime and then again switch to device speaker, people's voice starts echoing. I think this needs to be checked and rectified

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Accepting users from the lobby in Teams meetings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議のロビー承認について
    Accepting users from the lobby in Teams meetings

■Description(内容):
    Teams 会議で開催者ではない外部ユーザーがロビーで承認する機能や、開催者に変更する機能の実装を要望します。

Please make it possible for meeting organizers to change settings surrounding the lobby function, such as allowing external users other than the organizer to admit users, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it possible to get logs of who changed the storage location of meeting recordings and when via the audit logs

■Title(件名):
    監査ログにて、会議録画ファイルの保管先変更が実施された日付・変更者が取れるようになってほしい
    Make it possible to get logs of who changed the storage location of meeting recordings and when via the audit logs

■Description(内容):
    監査ログで設定変更履歴を確認できるが、会議録画ファイルのが保管先設定の変更や誰がいつ行ったかなど、監査ログでどのユーザーが行ったか確認できない設定がある。
    サイトの運営管理上、いつ・だれが・保管先設定を変更したかを明確に調査できるように、履歴の確認機能の提供を希望します。

It is possible to get a history of changes to settings from the audit logs, but there is no way to find out which user changed the setting for the storage location of meeting recording files.
    Please make it possible for users managing sites to find a history of who did this and when.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change font color in Email generated by missed Teams chat

Change font color in Email generated by missed Teams chat :

We need the ability to change the font color of text within the Email generated by a missed Teams chat. The text font found in the body of the message is white on light grey Background which makes It very hard to read.

There should be a way to change the default font color for these email notifications or standardize using a darker font color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. About team creation

■Title(件名):
    チームの作成について
    About team creation

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft 365 グループの作成に影響なく チームの作成だけを制御する機能の実装を要望します。

Please add a way to restrict team creation without affecting creation of Microsoft 365 groups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Block User

Please add a functionality to BLOCK any user.
    If a user is Blocked , he/she should not be able to Call or Message you.

Kindly consider this request on priority beacuse lot of us are struggling.

Thanks !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Breakout Rooms - should be able to reconfigure time to enter room and set time for room to automatically close

It would be great to have option to turn off 10-second countdown that is in place for before participants can enter breakout rooms. Everyone is ready and we end up wasting time when people could already be in the break out room and discussing.

It would be good if you could set breakout rooms to automatically close after a chosen amount of time and everyone automatically gets a notification 1 minute before the room is due to close.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base