Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improved notifications

I often miss the notification that I have received a IM in MS-Teams. Please add an option (to teams or to windows) such that, if that options is enabled, it is impossible to miss a notification. Something like the notification fills all the screens and has to be dismissed in order to continue work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide Teams Chat Preview Line

Please provide the option to "hide" the preview line in the Recent Chats list. We have users who would like to keep conversations confidential and the preview is causing concern

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Contact Information Straight from Shifts (Desktop)

On the mobile version, when you click ones shift, the contact info appears immediately. It would be nice if this would also happen on the desktop version. Currently clicking the "assigned to" employee of that shift does not bring anything up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Desk Phones to Use their built in Intercom Feature

Allow Desk Phones to Use their built in Intercom / Paging Features, currently skype for business firmware allows phones to use the intercom feature however once Teams firmware is installed it removes the vendors firmware options to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the ability for Microsoft Teams to use my custom dictionary.

Currently no option to add words into custom dictionary in the Teams app or utilize the words I've already added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow users to move the notification box to different areas of the screen so it doesn't impede their work

move the notification box to different areas of the screen so it doesn't impede their work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. copy paste shifts works across calendar month

copy paste a block of shifts stops at the end fo the current calendar month. WHen I copy for example a 3 week rota it should roll on to the next calendar month even if that is not in view. Also I cannot select some shifts in the next calendar month as well as ones in current month for copying ahead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn off the distracting "{so and so} is exiting the meeting" anouncement

Our company just finished it's finished it's first company-wide meeting of the year (newly merged companies together), using MS-Teams (also for the first time). The speakers were continually interrupted with "joining" and "exiting" announcements by the automated attendant.

There has to be a way to mute this. But nothing seems to be available.

For once I was hoping for a mandatory Windows Update to just come and put us all out of misery.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When using multiple tabs in the web app it times out after a few seconds of inactivity

As above. Can the timeout not be amended by the user e.g. move to 10 minutes. It is very frustrating and if it wasn't mandated to use teams I would use an alternative

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to send out the same message individually to multiple people without having to constantly copy and paste.

Ability to send out the same message individually to multiple people without having to constantly copy and paste.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Name in Notification for Group Messages

The name that comes up in a banner notification for group messages is the person that I included first in the group chat instead of the person that sent is, which is quite confusing. Should show the "[name of the person responding] [group name, other people in chat, or "+"]"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Location of Banner Notification

It would be great to be able to move the notification banner. It always pops up in the bottom right and often covers things that I am typing. I never use the top right corner - would love to move them there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a "homepage" that teams opens up to that doesn't show any of your chats

Just something to pull up in teams so people cannot see what you are talking about with other people. Whether it just shows your "favorites" or recents is fine. I don't know if you'd want to pull in calendar events to say what's happening today, and have a blurb on the weather but mainly I'd just want a screen that doesn't show what I am saying to other people. Currently I just leave my recent files up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scan from a printer to sharepoint sync

I try to scan of canon printer irc 3520 and send a sharepoint sync but it didn't work. I try with email, i try with url, and i try with network device impossible ... I hope we can one days because you are our stockage now and you need to put the scan in Sharepoint immediatly :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Resolve tabname in editing a post

When editing a post, I would be nice to directly add a tab reference into the post. E.g. when typing a '[' and directly thereafter tekst, Teams shows which tabs are available to embed. Either keep typing to refine or scroll through the items shown to the tabname which you want to refer to in the post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Edit Display Settings of Planner

When I am on my laptop I would like to adjust the display settings in planner so I can see more buckets at the same time.
    If I could adjust the width of the bucket display or nominate how many buckets I could view at the same time then that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Set order folders in Teams

I work within Teams within a channel with various folders. I would like to receive these folders in alphabetical order. That works by clicking on name, but I have to do it again each time. Would be nice if I could fix that or mark folders with favorites so that they remain at the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i`d like to suggest that groupchat admins be given Soverign power.

i`d like to suggest that groupchat admins be given Soverign power.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base