Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Whiteboard Not Visible for Mobile Users in Teams Meetings

Currently Whiteboard is not visible to mobile users. This is proving problematic for COVID-19 Quarantine classes. The workaround is to get the Whiteboard app and open the Whiteboard link while in a meeting, but this doesn't allow meeting control (e.g. the all-important self-muting) nor seeing video from meeting attendees/presenter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set video or audio status

It would be nice to be able to set video and audio capabilities based on current situation. I keep finding myself asking the question "Can you do video right now?" or "Can you do audio?" It would be nice to see at a glance with a phone or video camera icon next to their charm.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow us to change our backdrop in video calls in lieu of blurring it.

Other than blurring, let us select a backdrop to replace he real image from video behind us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have an option to view all contacts

I want the option to just see all my contacts, rather than always being in a random chat window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add multiple (and private) channels to a Teams Meeting Invite

It appears that I cannot invite multiple channels to a Teams meeting and I cannot ever add a private channel to a Teams meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sound test for meetings.

add a microphone/sound test that can be used before a scheduled meeting to make sure everything is working before you join the meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. integrate an auto corrector

integrate an auto corrector

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. @teams

@teams or @team or @channel can be used in a manner similar to @here on slack to call attention of all the participants of the particular channel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto Aaccept Mouse and Keyboard control

Pass keyboard and mouse control automatically as in the same setting provided in Webex. Pass keyboard and mouse control > Auto Accept All Requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Vaciiar chat

Vaciar el chat para no recargar aparatos como smartfone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Channels Categorization

It would be useful if we were able to "flag" or "categorize" the Teams channels on the left-hand menu in customizable ways (similar to Outlook functionality) so that we could more easily navigate to files or discussions within the channel that were previously viewed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to add virutal backdrops

I would like to add a virtual backdrop, not much unlike how you blur screens, so I can brand my company during my meetings and so I can block my background for privacy concerns.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable and mute popup notification for group chats

It's annoying to be part of group chats you did not want and the others continue talking and the right side of the screen is stacked up by notification pop ups. There is no mute options to these chats as well. Please provide option to mute these groups and allow disabling of popups

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Timezone search

Ability to quickly search the time in a particular region using @ search bar function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Video Call Small window, while using other laptop app functions

When we make video call, and want to work on other platforms(outlook, chrome, etc) - we can't see small window video screen as happens on Skype. This option will help a lot while navigating to different platforms without checking each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Not able to open multiple files at the same time

We have to work simultaneously on multiple files at some time. in Teams only one file can be open at one time, which makes file editing very limited in team. like in case i need to put v lookup in excel i need to open source excel file . and many other task for which we need another file to be opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Displaying the clicked point during screen share without giving control

• I want to point a specific area by clicking without requesting control during screen share. When I click the area, my name can be displayed on that area and the partner can see where I want to emphasize.

• Clicked point must be displayed in both side's screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notification popup when new message is received

Hi Team,

Please help to improve the notification popup, it's annoying that way it's current setup, it does the stack of the popups when multiple messages are received even from the same person. You can have the counter in the message and only show the latest message instead of showing all the messages in the notification.

Also when the new messages notification shows up, it creates an instance of the application, and when you press the Alt+Tab, you can see the notification the same as the opened programs.

Thank you,
    Vishal Prajapati

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change default meeting options

The default meeting options are not adjustable at this time. By default, the meeting options are set so that no one has to wait in the lobby and everyone has the presenter role by default. For each meeting, the meeting owner must manually adjust it. There is currently no option to adjust the standard. This is not pleasant for an education tenant.

Make sure that it is possible to adjust the default meeting options.

p.s. this is / was possible in Skype

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base