Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Privacy Shield Button & Settings (hide chats when starting calls/meetings)

Need the ability to hide chats and chat history (and other sensitive conversations and documents) when performing actions like trying to start a meet now with someone. If my computer is attached to the screen because i need to start a meeting with a co-worker, but i don't want the other people in the room to see my recent chat with the person i am starting a meeting with, i need to be able to hide the chat part of the screen, but still be able to search for co-workers and have access to the start call and start meeting…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email link to web outlook

Allow the email button to open web outlook instead of the desktop outlook for those that do not use the desktop outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Creating meeting through O365 Group ID, calendar doesn't show Join button on mobile App

I found that when i create a meeting using my o365 group calendar, it doesn't give join button on mobile app for meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams for Education - Assignments.

Set a global default for assignment duration so it doesn't default to the next day

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams for Education - Assignments.

Set a global default for assignment duration so it doesn't default to the next day

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Plese provide reply option in laptop version as well

Plese provide reply option in laptop version as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. give option of deleting chats. why unnecessary saving unwanted chats

option for deleting chats. it will save lots of space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cotacts from skype should be synced with Teams for better user experience from an organisation

Contact/groups from Skype should be copied to Microsoft Teams so as to give user the accessiblity to retain older contacts from organisation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. order emojies/icons based on recommended or frequently used

Currently by typing `:thu` gives a list of related emojies starting with "Thumbs DOWN" emoji first.. I think it would be good if "Thumbs UP" image is shown first as that is the one most likely to be used

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. make a test call for non english language

The option "make a test call" would be advantageous for languages other then English.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. connectivity warning dialog is intrusive

Every time I use the Microsoft Teams desktop app when out of the office, I get a dramatic "oh no! something's gone wrong" dialog which I have to dismiss - just beacause I haven't (yet) connected to the wifi. The little yellow warning triangle in the system tray would suffice. I have the settings so Teams runs minimised and runs on start-up, and this warning is intrusive and expected. Perhaps change it so when running minimised this warning doesn't show the window - or at least give me a few minutes to connect to wifi before popping up. It happens…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Capturing all the attendees in Microsoft One note till the time meeting/session is going on.

Capturing all the attendees in Microsoft One note till the time meeting/session is going on.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please return the call function for a Team

On a teams page you used to have a call function button on the top right hand side of the page - this appears to have been removed.

Now if you wish to speak with the team, you also have to set up a chat to get the same functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Communication in private channels

could you make it possible to tag all members of a private channel by using @channel? (like we can tag all members of a team using @Team in public channels).
    As it is right now you have to mention every single member of the private channel, to tell them e.g. that there is an updated file for them to look at.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Call Detail report/Call Qulity report

If a user from my organization joined to a conf call organized by other organization, Teams admin cannot get any log related to that session. As a organization, we may required to track user activities in case of a complaint made by user or management. better if you can implement this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. online notification, increase the limit

The current maximum amount of users you can have on your "statusmessage" list is 15. So if I want to recieve the "this user is now online" from more then that, it's impossible.
    In Skype for business this was unlimited.

See attached picture - it's in danish but it says "contact can't be added. There can't me added more then 15 contacts t" and then the message is cut off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide the change history for the O365 group name

When you change the O365 group name, Teams channel shows its change history in the thread, so I would like to hide it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable to hide UPN

I would like you to implement a feature to show/hide UPN because if accounts are disclosed externally through Microsoft Teams, those accounts might be attacked by spam email, phishing email and brute force attack etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base