Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make your own video same size as other vidoes

Make your own video same size or adjustable as other videos on the screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop treating Linux users as second class citizens

The response to this request (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40324324-keep-the-linux-client-up-to-date-with-the-latest-f) exhibits the exact lack of caring on a corporate level about Linux users that the 5,085 people who voted for it were asking to stop. In the initial request, several examples were provided of features that were months old but still not made available to Linux users — but these were merely examples. The official company response was to close the report and link to other issues where people are asking for those specific features to be implemented. The problem is, that request is to provide Linux users with feature parity to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meeting / Lesson Orchestration

To set and manage the scene for remote participants.
    I find as a presenter / host telling participants to 'reframe video', navigate to a channel, put the meeting back in focus, open chat, etc. A better experience would be to synchronise scenes so that all participants are on the "same page" before startinv to collaborate, view a VC, chat, etc. Also let the presenter know when a participant is not focused and let them reset the scene for that person.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us see all users on videos

The 7x7 view of all users is nice, but if there are more users on a meeting we still can not see them, please provide a way to tab or or change the 7x7 view to see everyone. or give us a want to view more people

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a notification for ONLY the next time the user becomes available.

Currently you can add a user to your notification list so you know when they become available. It can be quite spammy... and you then have to turn it off manually. This idea is to create a notification for the next time the user is available and then have that immediately be disabled/turned off so you don't have to do it yourself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Group Emojis on tabs, allow Favorites

Can you group the emoji's by their type? For example, show all the smileys on one tab, all the other animals/random stuff on another tab, and allow you to choose your favorite ones (what you will mostly use) so that they are on their own tab. Especially in a work environment, you wouldn't want to be accidently sending kisses or blushing to your team mates.

Tabs:
    1. Most recent
    2. Favorites
    3. Smileys
    4. Other, animals and other random stuff

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Mask Caller ID by User

We can set the caller ID for the company to a "service number" but it would be more useful to be able to do this for each individual User as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable sharing with sound without having to stop sharing and share again.

Currently if you didn't share with sound while sharing your screen you have to stop sharing and then share again with sound. It would be awesome to enable a way to toggle that without having to stop sharing and share again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. TGZ to PST Converter

TGZ to PST Converter is a reliable and safe software to convert TGZ to PST and other formats like PDF, EML, HTML, and EMLX. It also preserves an email's metadata such as From, Subject, To, Bcc, Cc, and Sender / Receiver Details during the conversion process.

Read more: https://www.kdetools.com/blog/how-to-import-tgz-to-pst.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Posibility to créate a new contact in the cellphone from contacts In TEAMS.

To create a new contact in my cellphone i need to copy manually all the data from the card of collaborators, should be great the possibility to créate a new contact with this information

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to enable 'Include computer sounds' without being required to share a file or screen

Occasionally, I have virtual team meetings or events where I'd like to share streamed music. The problem is, I only want to share my music and not a file or screen. Having this feature could also be helpful when used at the beginning of a meeting or even during a virtual collaborative working session.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add breakout room to teams for linux

For educational purposes breakout rooms for teams in linux is a must have. Zoom has it too in the browser version. Why not teams?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. you should be able to create "groups" to sort the chats.

since ALL chats are saved and every chat from a meeting in teams is shown in your chat, it would be helpful to be able to sort "meeting chats" "individual chats" or "X Team" chat to sort by brand or team

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto Attendant Greeting Loop/Timing

Currently when setting up auto attendants along with the directory search the greeting will start as soon as the audio recording is finished playing. There needs to be a flag to turn off the loop and the ability to add in a number of seconds before the greeting restarts on Auto Attendants. Please look at Support Case 25342084 for further details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create option to notify other meeting participants that early entry into meeting isn't mandatory

Some users like to enter a meeting early to get some extra non-work face time or just to "arrive" in the conference room early. There should be options:
    1. to not notify other participants of entry to meeting
    2. to notify other participants that early meeting entry is only for small talk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a temp file cleanup button

Teams seem to create a lot of temp files, what about a clean-up temp files option? Especially on shared computers, I noticed that each profile increased by approx 600 MB, and I'm now having to implement profile cleanups more frequently...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Indicator for when I am talking in a meeting

Currently when someone else is talking, a blue circle will light up around there name. When I talk, there is no blue circle around my name that I can see. Other users see the blue circle for me, but not for themselves.

I need to know when my mic is making sounds, especially if I did not intend to. I need to know when my child in the other room is being loud enough that I need to make sure I am muting myself. Other platforms have this. Discord changes the icon of the person making sounds. Zoom will put…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the Adobe Sign feature optional

Our company uses another document signing tool and would not want to confuse our employees with adding in Adobe Sign or allow them to sign up for a free trial.

If the global admin could set Show/Hide for this feature (Adobe Sign) that would be great.

Granted though, some companies may want to allow some users to be able to use AdobeSign - so maybe the ability to add/remove this from a group policy would be best.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Approvals App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Right now Teams will only allow me to share what is on monitor 1 & 2 and I need to share monitor 2 & 3

Currently teams can only share what windows desinates as monitor 1 and 2. even if monitor 1 is disabled. I cannot clone 1 to 3 as the resolution becomes trash. Give me the ability to designate the monitors I can share (2 & # vs 1 & 2) or give me the ability to share any connected monitor instead of just 1 & 2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base