Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need the ability to remove people from team chats.

Team chats fill up with notifications when someone is Out of the Office, it is annoying. Having the ability to kick people out of a chat would be a nice feature to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide Dark Mode

Provides dark mode ui for Android just like windows app.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Busy Options (Busy on Busy or Voicemail on Busy)

Provide a functionalitiy similar to the one is SfB Server.

There are two items tracked here:
    1) Busy on Busy - Incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal if the user is busy.
    2) Voicemail on Busy - Incoming calls will be forwarded to voice mail if the user is busy.

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Translation error spanish

The soil is using the term Gratis instead of disponible or libre when indicating whether a person is available for a meeting. Gratis means free of charge, not available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. TEAMS Contacts and Favs with IP Phones

TEAMS Contacts and Favorites need to be able to import into Polycom phones like they do with SfB.

You are pushing us towards Teams only, so we need a solution!

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark Mode

Dark mode for both android and iOS will be great. Two big reason in my opinion save battery and looks way better. Thank you

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. identify active speaker

In Skype you could identify the active speaker by air quotes " " around the Microphone next to the person's name. This was helpful for meeting organizers who needed to mute someone with a distracting background noise (like echos or barking dogs, loud traffic noises, etc). We would like to see this feature come to Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Hold Music for the caller to hear

Add Hold Music for the caller to hear when doing a consult than transfer.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Microsoft Teams has shipped Music on Hold for PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) calls. This includes both one-to-one PSTN-to-Teams calls as well as calls made to a call queue. For more information about calling features, please see https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/here-s-what-you-get-with-phone-system.

Please feel free to upvote other related items
    - Allow call agents to answer the call directly without playing the music on hold for a call queue: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38873356-allow-call-agents-to-answer-the-call-directly-with
    - Play music on hold after a call agent answered in a call queue: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38873329-play-a-music-on-hold-after-a-call-agent-answered-i
    - Add support for streaming hold music: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36924085-add-support-for-streaming-hold-music
    - Allowing customize Music on Hold for individual user: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39105541-allowing-customize-music-on-hold-for-individual-us

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lock the Video Spotlight

In Skype for Business hosted meetings, there is a feature called "Lock the Video Spotlight" that allows you to choose a video feed that's displayed to all participants. This feature does not appear to be in the Teams client today, and it doesn't appear on the Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams Capabilities Roadmap.

In some Teams meetings I want all my participants to just view one presenters video stream and not have the 4 participant split view. We need a way for the Teams meeting host to force their video to be prominent from the participants view.

https://aka.ms/skype2teamsroadmap

1,721 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

160 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Translation error "Drive Mode" to German

Current translation is "Laufwerk Modus". This is wrong and is related to a hard drive / disk.
    Should be in German "Fahrmodus".
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DARK THEME FOR ANDROID

Desperately need to bring back the dark theme for android!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Would love a dark mode for Android

Would love to get a dark mode for MS Teams on Android.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Meeting Policy - presenter permissions

In Skype, you were able to set your meeting options for any particular meeting. You don't have this option in Teams and everyone from your organization is made a presenter by default, so anyone can mute or remove anyone including the meeting organizer from the meeting. At the very least, we should be able to set an option in the Meeting Policies to not allow entire organization to be presenters, but it would be better if the meeting organizer could decide who if anyone, can have those permissions.

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Is there a way for IT admins to export team membership and email address?

Team Owners should have the ability to export team member names and email address into a .CSV file.

As an admin, I'd like to be able to double check with my support teams to figure out when we don't have proper access to reports and other sites that our Team Site is tied into.

So I'd like to be able to export the team member list so I can audit who is apart of the team, remove who isn't needed or share needed information to other parties.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams shortcut is not being added to Start menu App list

After installing Teams via latest executable, the shortcut for the application is not being added to the App list of Start menu. Even Windows Search cannot find it as an installed app. However, it can be found from installed applications via Settings.

Observed on Windows 10 version 1809.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sharepoint

The ability to start a conversation around a specific SharePoint list item.

Similarly to how you can discuss VSTS items.

E.g A user submits a request to a SharePoint list. I can dd that list item and then discuss that with other team members.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Teams Meeting Host to Toggle Meeting Entry Exit Tones Conference Bridge Settings

As an O365 global admin there is no way to let my Teams users toggle these audio conferencing meeting preferences themselves.

There is only a global setting in the Teams/Skype admin portal that lets me turn on/off these audio conference bridge settings for the entire tenant. My users need to be able to modify these settings like they could in Skype for business.

If I was hosting a large Teams meeting and running a webinar you can see how disruptive entrance and exit tones would be as participants come and go. The problem is that I can't just disable them…

765 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat with only 20 people?

The chat tab gives you the ability to only chat in the same time with 20 people and no more. Is it possible to get this changed and have more then 20 people in this chat? I know we can chat in the group team where more then 20 can join but it is not the same. Chat experience is different t on chat then I'm the group and some people like it this way. If 20 can join, why not more?

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base