Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nested Groups exceeded the Max Limit of 25

There is probably a suggestion for better integration for AD groups, but creating a team for Engineering our existing DL's are used to manage all membership. Adding a DL to a Team, that has many nested DL's does not seem allowed.

Need to
    1/ support AD Groups as a first class citizen
    2/ support for nested DL's that are greater than 25

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One notetab, option to use the team notebook (as before January 10, 2018 release)

Since January 10, 2018 release the insertion of a onenote has changed completely, it was less flexible but really convenient before notebook structure was equivalent to teams stucture. Can you add the option "use the notebook of the team and channel section" (=as before) when adding a new tab onenote?
    Copy past of the release note :" A better OneNote tab

When you create a new OneNote tab in a channel, you now have the option of linking to an existing notebook or pasting a link to a OneNote page or section. Doing that also lets everyone in the channel…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. URL Scheme

URL Scheme for iOS and Android app - forexample ms-teams://user@organization.com will launch Teams and goto chat screen of the "user". URL Scheme can be extended to various features of the MS Teams app. This will help customize Employee App all organization have. Enabling Office 365 directly integrating to these app. Currently, I am using ms-outlook:// to integrate Email feature in the app I am working.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now being reviewed by the feature team. Once a decision is made, I will be sure to post the update on this suggestion.

-Warren

5. A single place to see all incoming message

It's currently very hard to see which messages are unread, you have to find all conversation and team channel written in bold in 2 distinct tab.
    It could be find that the Activity tab or a new tab name "Recent" list all conversation and team channel in a same place ordering them with most recent on top.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. onenote

The new implementation of the OneNote tab is poor. The old process of creating a section within the Team Notebook was ok to a point, but needed the additional flexibility to create a tab with content from another notebook when required. The new process of prompting for a new notebook or to open an existing notebook or create a link to an existing notebook is messy. It slows the process of setting new teams with channels and will lead to inexperienced users creating new notebooks where they are not required. Also when a new notebook is created initially, then you…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Quicker way to find contact and start conversation

Starting new conversation with colleague via teams (4-6 seconds, 7+ steps):
    1. Mouse click on pinned MS Teams on taskbar
    2. Wait for 1-2 seconds for MS Teams window to open
    3. Mouse click on "Search"
    4. Enter contact name
    5. Mouse click or down+enter to open chat
    6. Mouse click/focus message field
    7.Type + enter, message sent

Compared to Skype for business (1-3 seconds, 4 steps):
    1. Double click on taskbar Skype icon - window opens instantly
    2. Start typing contact name ("Search" is focused automatically)
    3. Press enter (first match chat window is opened, message field is focused) …

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'm missing some chat history

I have a chat with 2 colleagues. I saw some messages from one colleague in our chat on my Android phone on my way to work. When I got to work and started Teams for Windows 10 I started chatting with my colleague again, but I was missing a big chunk of the conversation history. Any idea what might be going on? It’s a real bummer not knowing if I’m missing messages. Especially weird that I saw it in one client (Android) but not the other (Windows 10).

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  47 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I should be able to submit an attachment by hitting enter.

Right now, "enter/return" deletes the attachment. I have to click on the submit arrow. I actually want to just drag and drop an image and have it upload to the chat, no confirmation necessary. If i have to confirm, I should at least be able to hit enter to send.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Guests should be able to send files in private chats

Guest can send files/images inside channels but not inside private chats. Without that feature the communication with external developers or testers is almost not possible or had to be done inside a channel, which would disturb other team members.

523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  53 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Team (Office 365 Groups) classification visible in the the mobile app

While we can see the Teams classification in the desktop app and on the web, it is not visible in the mobile app. We believe it should be visible in the mobile app too as it would be important to understand a team classification (confidential, secret, etc) in ALL cases regardless of what methodology you use to access Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

12. Second Planner Tab in Teams, does not show up in Planner

When I create a second Planner tab in Teams, it does not appear in Planner. But I can open the tab via the link in Teams. The data from the second tab also does not appear in the Planner Dashboard. I think it's a bug.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Inactive desktop notification period is too short

I don't want mobile notifications after being inactive for only three minutes on the desktop.

The period should be configurable or at least 10 or 15 minutes

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

561 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  51 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Failed to display "comments" of PDF

Comments of the PDF file failed to display when open directly with Teams

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. moving a document breaks link

When we are sorting out our filing system in files, creating new folders to move and tidy up our document's this changes the location of the document and breaks any links you have previously sent to users also the link in the conversations. This is extremely unworkable for our organisation, we need to be able to upload and move documents. keeping the integrity of any previous links sent. For example if you attach a document to a channel, this does not go into a folder it just sits in files, when links are sent round for this document they are…

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  52 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. provision

It would be great if we could provision teams and channels with a template like Microsoft PNP. In the case of provsioning i would like to be able to add tabs bot connectors and compesed extentions in pre configured in a json or xml template. Rolled out with C#, JS or Powershell.

hope we can get this uservoice request activated.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Do NOT reorder messages based on replies

If a message has replies, Teams changes the order of messages so that the original message takes on the timestamp of the latest reply.

DO. NOT. DO. THAT.

It is horribly flow-breaking to have the original conversation reordered based on later replies. This is totally unnecessary. The Activity feed can help me quickly jump to "new" posts regardless of their location in the channel order.

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  27 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Office365 myApps Integration in MS Teams

We setup MS Teams for some teams in our company. What i miss is the option to add a new tab which contains the myApps from the office365 Portal. We developed own enterprise Apps which are accessible over the 0365 portal but i need to append them in MS Teams to the single user.
    Add a Website with "myapps.microsoft.com" or "portal.office.com" are shown in MS Teams but they wont work. Any future plans for integration?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Follow Up Ability

There should be an ability to make anything in Teams a follow up task (possibly link it to planner). If someone posts something, I want to be take that post and create a task with it for follow up. With this, similar to Outlook's summary page - I want a summary page in Teams, such as ALL current open tasks, new unread messages, etc.

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base