Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. see user calendars or availability in teams

when you hover over a username, you see a pop up that shows several additional options (chat, email, view org, etc.), but there isn't anything that enables a user to see that person's availability. Instead, as a user, I then have to go to Outlook and add that person's name to the calendar to see when they're available. It would be very helpful to have an option to see at least free/busy info so that user availability can be assessed quickly. Then perhaps a simple click to create a meeting during that time with a Teams meeting auto included.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Notifications - Specifics

When you share a change you make to someones shift such as the time, notes or other, it sends them a notification that something has changed but does not outline what exactly has been changed on the shift.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow people in the meeting to "react" to the content being presented.

it would be a nice feature for people in a meeting who are liking what the presenter is saying to be able to add hearts or thumbs up that would be seen in the view. This would be similar to functionality in facebook and instagram live videos. While I also agree that the raise hand functionality would be nice, it would also be nice to leave immediate feedback as the presentation is going. I forsee this being used in a larger setting too to "poll" attendees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to download a Team membership roster

The ability to download all the members of a Team to review and manage. Currently we have Teams with quite a few members and would like to just cross reference with some other Teams to see if we can consolidate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom information barriers

Information barriers blocks all communications between 2 groups. The ability to determine what kind of communication is still allowed would be good. Fe chat and access to files is still possible but no calls and meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mark Task as Both Important AND Urgent

We should have the ability to mark a task as BOTH Urgent AND Important so we can better prioritize our day. This would be a huge benefit for anyone who uses the Urgent/Important quadrant/matrix to plan their day (the "Eisenhower Matrix").
    https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_91.htm
    If you could do that, then you could add a view to show tasks in the quadrants of Urgent/Not Urgent/Important/Not Important

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete Chats instead of hide

Delete Chats instead of hide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Migrate existing channels to private channels

We have migrated lots of files to teams. As there where no private channels we needed to migrate data to different teams. Now we need to convert existing channels to private (and vice versa) and combine those different teams. But it's not possible for the moment

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatic Shift Time Change

When you go to change someones shift start time it automatically changes the end time as well. So if I change someones shift from 10:00am - 5:00pm to 10:30am it automatically changes their end time to 5:30pm.

Please discontinue this feature, thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New window for calls

When answering a call or making a call, there should be a new window created. I feel like having a new window when in a call/ video chat would be very beneficial. There have been numerous times where I enter a Team call and then I have to go back to where I was in Teams to chat with others not in the call, read remarks sent from chat, look at documents sent during the call into the chat. And much more. I feel like it would much cleaner if Calls and Video would be moved to a new window,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have a push-to-talk check box when in a call

I think there should be a check box or similar, that can enable push-to-talk during a call. For example, I am sick at the moment and was part of a call and would cough during the conversation. I did not want to have to mute/ unmute every time I had something to say. I wish that there was a push-to-talk option that defaulted to CTRL or ALT or something to enable me to talk and then mute me when the button is not pushed. I feel like this option should be able to be unchecked and checked per phone call,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Activity Feed including Shifts

Shifts activities are showing up in the Activity Feed on mobile, but not on the Teams client for Windows or Mac. This should be consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the option to hyperlink file locations and to add them as a link

Allow a clickable link to file locations to send to others. This would include network locations. Please allow them to be send as a condensed link as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Implement a way to show multiple shifts schedules on one calendar?

Please implement a way for a person who is currently on multiple groups to see their calendars all at once. As it stands a person can be on multiple groups and has to cycle through their calendars to be able to see if they currently have a shift elsewhere. It would be very useful for people to be able to see this information all at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Accessibilty and other features

I think it would be beneficial if you developed a feature that allows you to change the text size of your messages you receive. Some of these messages, when they're longer in length, can be hard to read. I don't mean simply zooming, or changing the text size of ALL text within the app. But the ability to change the font size of the messages themselves that you receive.

Also, PLEASE develop a reminders feature. ie the ability to set a reminder for yourself at such and such time with such and such description. PLEASE.

And can we get a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. by creating a working app? IOS 13, not working since months.... Microsoft WAKE UP

A good idea would be to finish a product and quality test it before hard forcing your custumes to migrate to this new "solution".

This way to change everything and lets customers with their useless brand new an useless system, just to change Communicator GUI, what a joke!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Present in Live Event from mobile device

Allow presenters to join and present in the Live event from their mobile devices. Include the option to present from both cameras, front and back one.

We are having busines updates around the openspace. Therefore, having presenters using their mobile devices to present themselves, or present the person next to them speaking would greatly increase the usability of live event.

Not only, would the off site team been able to attend/present "in the field", but also office based staff would benefit greatly from having significant announcements done in the openspace rather than enclosed area of a meeting room.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change an existing Channel's privacy option in a Team.

Please can we be able to change the privacy of an existing channel within a team rather than just new channels that are created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members

When assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members add a feature that requires everyone to click "complete" so it stays "Open". It often happens that one person on the assigned task completes their portion of the work and clicks their item - and - the entire task complete. If it were the case that all items in the list within a task must be checked "complete" before the main task can be checked "complete" that would be very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add shifts view bij quarter and year (same as day/week/month)

Now we have the possibility to view bij day/week/month, we like also a view per quarter and per year

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base