Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Play gif urls on AdaptiveCards when viewed on iOS

When a gif URL is posted using an Adaptive Card from a bot, this Gif autoplays on desktop, web and android but only shows a static image on iOS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the behavior when adding a member to Teams private chat

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    プライベートチャットでメンバーを増やした際の動作について

Improve the behavior when adding a member to Teams private chat
    ■Description(内容):
    1 対 1 でチャットをしているところにメンバーを追加すると新規でグループチャットが開始され、追加されたユーザーは過去のやり取りを参照することが出来ない動作となるため、プライベートチャットに追加された場合にも過去分の履歴を見ることが出来るような機能の拡充を希望します。

When I am having 1 on 1 private chat and trying to one more member to the chat, a new group chat will be opened automatically. Then the added member won’t be able to see the past conversations communicated in the 1 on 1 private chat.
    For improvement of usability, provide ability for added member to see the past conversation on a private chat which was already created before the member is in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To make reference from Box & Team from UI to UX

Make reference to Box & Team.
    1-See how they can accomplish most tasks within app.
    2-Box drive allows local save of desired files.
    3-Open softwares directly from files . No need to download. ( this is some how a joke of efficiency )
    4- Speed !!! Surprisingly slower than Box and Dropbox). Overall speed from sat Team to conversation to .... are overly slow.
    5-TOO MANY IMPROVEMENTS TO MENTION. Please make reference to other available apps. See why people can you and Team cannot ?!
    Please be quick in improving Team’s performance with such a big Microsoft task force!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. meetings

Get the weekly calendar view back for the "Meetings" section. Having only the day/agenda view is bad in terms of having a good overview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Catalyst Teams Mac App

Please look at making a Catalyst version of the Mac Teams app for 10.15 (ie. iPad app on Mac).
    The current Electron app is slow and sluggish.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keep Tracked Changes in a Word doc within Teams

When reviewing to track changes in a Word doc in Teams I need to open it in Word Online. On making the tracked changes, autosaved, and closed the Tracked changes are changed in the Teams view but not tracked for visibility to another reader... Making any review and tracking within Teams somewhat wasted effort and quite counterproductuve across a joint team effort on a single document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The texting method needs improvement

Please improve your texting method! Why does it seperate each comment from the another? While the same person is writing? It distracts the

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shifts Time Clock only works for members who are owners. Let members also punch in using Time Clock.

I just discovered Time Clock in Shifts. Unfortunately, it is set up so only owners can punch in and out. Are you folks working on allowing members to use Time Clock as well?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. annotate contact info

It would be very handy to be able to edit a contact's name once they're saved to my contact list. E.g. Change John Smith" to "Power BI Expert John" or "John Smith PBI".

It would be especially handy if that "name" would then be considered when typing in/auto-reducing a name in the search field. E.g. I know I tagged some PBI expert in my contacts life, but I can't remember his name." So I start typing "PBI" and it shows "John Smith PBI" in the list of search results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to quickly add a user to a contact group

When chatting, it would be great to be able to add the person you're chatting with, to a specific group. Right now I can only add them to Favorites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams room single television widgets and notifications

It would be great if the display at the front of the room could be configured to show the calendar like the crestron mercury in the flex system. I think additional widgets for company broadcast, instructions, up next, timer countdown, and other things would add incredible flexibility for various room system configurations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Crestron AirMedia

We recently purchased the teams room system that includes the Crestron Mercury and having used Crestron previously we had high expectations. However we were rather underwhelmed to find that AirMedia, the second Ethernet port and hdmi in don’t work when the firmware is upgraded to the custom teams room firmware. We really must have these options so that teams room can meet the full use case for all of our conference rooms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 click join for various Video systems

We need the ability to accept meetings from external companies that use Zoom, WebEx, RingCentral, and whatever other flavor the week has to offer. When we get a calendar invite and want to use it with a room we will fwd the invite to the room which contains all of the connection info. The room accepts but when you try to join it says "This isn't a Teams or Skype meeting" Teams Rooms should be able to recognize a phone number or sip address or IP address inside the body of email and connect.

It seems that there are apps…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Teams Desktop Client into WIP enlightened app

Currently Teams can't use WIP feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. android home button hides the call window

When I receive a call on the Android app, if I accidentally click the home button, the home screen starts and there is no way for me answer the call as the call screen disappears. (unless if I'm doing something completely wrong)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable Auto Install and Auto Start!

Disable auto install and auto start!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chrome/EdgeInsider Extension for Teams Chat

Please consider developing an extension for Edge Insider or Chrome which supports the Chat Messaging component of teams. Often times I want to quickly chat with, or respond to a specific person or people and don't want to have to leave my browser, switch to the Teams app, open the Chat tab, and then chat.In place in any browser session by way of a browser extension would be ideal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base