Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. participant mute for local

During meetings where participants are physically close together, please add the ability for a participant to locally mute other participants that are close by. We have an open corporate office environment and hearing people's voice via Teams and hearing the same voice in the office distracts and interferes with comprehension.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow setting an additional time zone to see in my calendar

On left side there is time of the day listed. I would like to see also, the time of day for another time zone, I would like to name it. Example: I live/work in MST but colleagues work in EST. I would like to see what time it is for them too, while looking at my calendar. And I could name the time zone myself, like PA Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Document Library in Teams refuses to follow Sharepoint default folder sort within column

Created a new document library tab within Teams and it is not following the sort order that has been edited in Sharepoint. (This is contrary to what was reported by Alex, Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams on August 20, 2020.) Editing the view within Sharepoint does not update the document library view within Teams. Suggestions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manually putting students into view

I have more students in a meeting than I can see on the screen. I want to be able to click on their circle to pop the student into view. I don't want to have to tell the student to talk to get them to switch positions so I can see them on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make Who bot search department and company fields

Make Who bot search department and company fields.
    Who is in "Finance", or who is in "Technical Support". Skype used to do this, so please make Teams Who do it as well. Thanks, Ian

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Vloque

Es una aplicación quebloquea la computadora, como mucho recurso de memoria, difícil para realizar una llamada, funciona a ratos bien para una video llamada, en mi punto de vista es una aplicación muy mala. Pésima.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. dark mode

better on the eyes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sem inglês

Proibir professores e a matéria de inglês, esta arruinando minha vida e a dos meus colegas, se eu quiser aprender inglês eu faço um curso

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can there be a way to differentiate a group update( one to many) Vs an individual update( one to one) on the pop up messages that appear.

1. When in a group teams call with many participants, pop up notifications for messages sent to the group appear with no differentiation from other pop ups that notify on individual messages addressed to the user. This leads to the user not being able to differentiate if he is responding to a group as opposed to responding to an individual.

2. Notifications that appear on the pop-ups with a preview which overlays the actual window that has the complete message. If you have multiple messages it ends up stacking them vertically covering up the entire messaging window during group calls. Would is…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to Create Teams Channels from existing O365 Distribution Lists

It would be great if we could create a new teams group from an existing Outlook distribution list. It can be a challenge when we already have a distribution group of 50 people but then have to recreate it manually to create a channel with the same people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hang up when calling during meeting

When in a meeting and decide to add someone, you can not see their presence until you try and call them. Then you notice they are red, but you have all ready initiated a call which you cannot cancel or hang up on. Add a feature to all you to cancel a call during a meeting please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Introduce sounds as notifications

play a sound when someone is trying to connect to you via Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we please add drag and drop feature to the boards?

This feature would be so much easier if we could just drag and drop the files into each "card".

Or - could we do a plug in to iCIMS? we could then export the information directly to a card on the board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Turn off adding

Can you add a feature where no one can add you to message group? Random ppl keep adding to message groups and I have to leave by myself idk who they are they spam me with messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Doom Emojis

Since Microsoft now owns Doom and maybe other popular game franchises (like halo), I would love to see DOOM emjois, like they had in slack.

https://twitter.com/codinghorror/status/442912596211929089?lang=en

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a Proxy option for meeting organizers.

Many of us have Administrative Coordinators that schedule or organize our meetings for us. The organizer functionality is held by the admin coordinator and not me as the host. Therefore I cannot use functions such as exporting the attendance, or creating breakout rooms, etc.. Can a proxy function be created where I can have the admin proxy my account so the meeting is set up with me as the organizer?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Respecto a pantalla

Se cuelga la pantalla poniendose esta negra, y en ciertos momentos parece que pasa virus a traves de la pantalla porque cuando alguien presenta una diapositiva, un PDF, algún archivo, se encuentra la opción "tomar el control", esta muy mal porque la persona que presenta debería tener el control de su propia presentación, así se evita el juego de otras personas que pretenden hacer su chiste y malogrando la presentación de otros.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We need a way to display multiple channels video streams at the same time.

It only allows one to have the max of four team channels open at a time. I have eleven channels in my team. I need to have quick access to all eleven. If its a case of bandwidth, I've got gigabit upload/download.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maximize screen is a must.

Allow to maximize screen on the on the attendee end to fill the whole screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base