Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Text Expansion in MacOS

Please introduce Auto Text Expansion in Microsoft Teams MacOS version. This handy feature exists in Skype and I really miss it on Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app

I would request a feature to verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app, because we need to verify the setting for channels one-by-one at the moment and it’s going to be a hard work for admins when the channels get increased to a large number. So, it would be very convenient if we could check and set notification setting for multiple channels at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show the full message of Yammer post with Post tab in Channel

If you add Yammer tab to Channel and post Yammer, then you share it to the Post tab of the Channel by using Share to Channel, only the first part of the Yammer post will be shown.
    So, we would like you to enable the full message of the post to be shown with Post tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restrict only the Chat feature in Microsoft Teams

If you restrict the chat feature with messaging policy in Microsoft Teams, other features such as file sharing, sticker, or Praise will be hidden as well as the chat feature.
    But, we would like to restrict only the Chat feature while remaining other features.

Since if you restrict the chat feature with Meeting policy, you are not able to use file sharing.
    So, we would like you to enable us to restrict only chat feature while we could use other features during a meeting like we do share files while Channel meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Meeting attendance information is gray out

The meeting information is not displayed and the following message is displayed.

Info pane is disabled by polices

I want to be able to display conference participation information regardless of the presence or absence of a conference call license.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Microsoft Power Automate available to guests

Microsoft Power Automate (formerly Flow) must be addressed in the future to make it available to guests within Microsoft Teams.
    Functionality should be added so that guest users can use it and have some control when using it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Access to content shared in meetings

It would be nice to be able to set access rights for content shared in the meeting.

You may not want external users to have access.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ability to have multiple windows opened at one time. I am chatting, then want to go to a project without closing the chat

Multiple windows opened. A chat window then I can go to my teams files, etc without closing the window I was in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add an option to Add a Library for each channel instead of a folder under "Shared Documents"

Same as few other Libraries instead of folders shown here, but this should be an option for the for Team Owners and/or global administrators.

The current Folders under "Share Documents" may be good for some other organizations.
    For us, with too many documents, we prefer a Document library for each channel.
    Even the Choice of "Share Documents/General" should be optional
    Now you can't delete it nor delete or rename the general channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable all animations: GIFs, stickers, emoji. Slack considers this an Accessibility feature, a designation I agree with

Allow an option to disable all animations: GIFs, stickers, emoji. Slack considers this an Accessibility feature, a designation I agree with. Graphics that are constantly moving or flashing are very distracting and interfere with my ability to use Windows as a whole, not just interfering with Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add notification badge to channel when something new has posted

add notification badge to channel when something new has posted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. delete chats

Needs to go back to Skype for business lay out and be able to delete conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. NO MAS MENSAJES AL CORREO

Lo que no me gusta de temas es que envía los mensajes al correo lo que genera que se llene de muchos mensajes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Drag and Drop files from teams/chat to a folder on my PC and from my PC to any team/chat

Drag and Drop files from teams/chat to a folder on my PC and from my PC to any team/chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Camera viewer adjustment

When meeting with someone, your own camera view is so tiny in the bottom corner. It would be nice to adjust this view to have a side-by-side equal view, or adjust it to your liking. This would enhance the remote collaboration and feel like you are actually sitting together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Camera viewer adjustment

When meeting with someone, your own camera view is so tiny in the bottom corner. It would be nice to adjust this view to have a side-by-side equal view, or adjust it to your liking. This would enhance the remote collaboration and feel like you are actually sitting together.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. delete messages

It would be nice to be able to delete received messages or full conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Block Users Ability to Edit Forms

I created a survey under the Forms App and it allows end users the ability to rename or remove the survey. One of my co-workers is who is not the owner of the team or channel can see these options.

How do you remove that ability so that only the owner of the surveycan make edits to the survey?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base