Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. indicate from whom the message is transferred

when a message is transferred, only the text is copied, the original sender would have to be showed or at least show that it's a transferred message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alerts

There needs to be an option for an alert when someone directly contacts us. A banner popping up doesn't always get seen. This TEAMS concept needs to add that and an address book that we can search and save our frequent contacts. SKYPE Pro had all these features making the use of SKYPE far easier and also, I never missed someone messaging me. So for the love of goodness.... add this ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An address Book

an address book that we can find and save our frequent contacts in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gallery View Scroll Option

It would be great to have more options for Gallery view in large meetings. At present yes you can view 49 videos at any one time however we have large events with 50+ participants and there is no option of viewing all attendees. It would be useful to have a feature similar to zoom where you can scroll through pages/videos etc

You also have options to rearrange the tiles in the gallery view, which would be another really useful feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reserve a desk app

Seeing that many companies are closing physical offices due to the pandemic and that teleworking will probably become more common, an app to reserve a desk based on a layout at a coworking or similar space would help to manage the stations or spaces available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Camera display while in meetings

When you're in a meeting and someone is showing their screen, you see the cameras at the bottom which is great. However, if there are too many people in the meeting, some people with their cameras opened are not shown because of lack of space, which also, is normal. But when one of the recent speakers are displayed at the bottom in priority to others that haven't spoken recently turns off their camera, it just shows their picture. My idea is that if a recent speaker turns off their camera, the person in that spot should be replaced by someone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Breakout rooms reassigning members

My issue is to reassign students to a different room once they are in one room. Sometimes, some students leave so I have a room left with 1 student. I can't seem to find the option to reassign this student to a different room.To solve this issue, I have to close all rooms and reassign everyone again but that will interrupt the work of everyone in the rooms and I have to assign new presenters to share their screens with their group members all over again. I hope Microsost can fix this flaw if there is no way around it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have a pop-up that displays who is speaking.

Have a pop-up that displays who is speaking so that you can hide participant list and focus on presentation (without very large boxes at the bottom of screen that take up far too much screen real estate).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to reposition the notificaitons

Dear Microsoft, please, please , please make it possible to reposition the notifications. We are migrating form Skype to Teams and not being able to change the position the notifications appear is a real pain and is having an adverse affect on my personal productivity. I am using my screen full screen, particularly SAP and the execute button appears at the bottom right of my screen, this is fixed. If I am working and wish to execute any specific action in SAP I have to wait until a gap in my Teams notifications appears so that I can click on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Excel Password Recovery

Recapture the Strong Excel Password by utilizing the eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery Software that can effectively reestablish Excel Workbook/sheet password in an extremely brief timeframe, without upsetting the Excel File information. It can helpfully run with all MS Excel expansions (.xlsx, .xlsm, .xls, .xlsb, .xla, .xlam). Specialized competency isn't needed for recovery of excel record.

Read more:- https://www.esofttools.com/excel-password-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sonia

Could you consider including more "status" options other than "busy" eg." online but unavailable for calls" "in a meeting" " on a call" "available only for audio call" "back tomorrow" etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tolerate leaving the 0 after the country prefix code

The large part of the phone numbers online have a the country code, eg +33 and the 0 in brackets for example, before the rest of the number. When a number frmo a website is copy/pasted into Teams you cannot call the number from copy pasting directly since you need to take off the 0. A function to recognize the 0 and allow the call to be made should be implemented. Please! :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. employee idea

In the Employee Idea app, when someone submits and Idea, others cannot comment or edit the Idea but only like to vote. Can this be implemented as comments and edit are required for the ideas to improve?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Gender Equal German Wording

It would be great if in German Teams, the Language could be Gender Equal. Other Apps like WebUntis do this already. Here are some screenshots with ideas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Presentation view

Please check if we can add an option wherein we can see the participants during a screen sharing presentation. Today only the shared version is visible on screen but participants reaction to your work is not; unless you swap to the video call screen again which is not feasible for every slide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wichtige Propleme

1. es währe sinnvoll wenn man in Teams einstesllen könnte wie laut das Mikrofon sein soll und das man es einstellen kann

2. Dass man sagen kann wie viel Internet es verbrauchen darf und anhand dessen wird die Video Qualität besser und es nicht immer so lägt.

3. dass man Einstellen kann wie das sie Lautsprecher nur so für Teams ist und nicht für alles denn wenn man es in Teams leiser macht dann ist es auf dem ganzen PC leiser also das ist echt blöd

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meeting joining notification to only Host or same originating organization

During Large inter-organization meetings, when someone joins the meeting, there is a pop-up shown to all the meeting attendees which becomes annoying when someone is presenting something critical - unless you have attendee window open on the right side.

There should be only Host or Hosting organization team members should be able to authorize entries in the meeting. Else everyone who has invite can authorize anyone in the meeting.

1. UI gets too many pop ups

2. Security control is getting diversified

3. Team members from other Organization are also getting access to mute all button which may not be correct from host…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to add a temporary meeting member

In a meeting I have found it beneficial to call someone in temporarily for a specific question or topic. This it done by "add people" in the meeting menue which is really good. BUT I would like to be able to add someone temporarily so when they hang up they are excluded from the meeting again. Important if the meeting is recurring and so on. Also as a temporary member all chat content should be hidden. This way you can call in a client/customer temporarily into your internal meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Frequently contacted visible in a side pane

When interacting with internal and external contacts the suggested contacts seem to be higher priority for internal contacts. Doesn´t matter if they are frequently used/contacted or never been contacted.. I experience that when contacting a external contact I have to enter the hole email before it pops up as a suggestion. I would benefit from having a "quick" access list of frequently contacted people. could be direct contacts or participants in meetings. if they were to uppear in a list and you could right click to get options like call / chat/ invite to a meeting or so, I think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base