Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Table of Contents to wiki interface

A Table of contents for a specific Wiki Page (one with plenty of sections)
    Or a table of contents for multiple Wiki pages under the same Hierarchy is very important, for when your wiki becomes larger.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nested conversations. Mimic what Facebook does with comments...and anyone can reply to any comment anywhere.

Mmic what FB is doing with comments/conversations. Let anyone reply to any comment no matter where it is or when in the tree of the conversation. Allow a sub-conversation to be mirrored as a top level discussion as an option to de-clutter it but leave it in the original place so that the history of the sub-conversation remains intact.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MS Word :Share as attachment

Wanting to share a document from any of the MS Office Suite programs to Teams from an android phone? No luck.

Word
    Excel
    Power Point
    One Note

List

No Teams

No Skype Enterprise

WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook all accounted for but no sharing a document to a team member or channel.

You own both sets of software.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Within the chat section there doesn't appear to be an intuitive way to refresh the content.

Changing machines from one computer or cell phone to another machine; there doesn't seem to be a way to refresh the content of the screen. I can't see the continuation of my chat from another device without closing and opening the application. If there is a way to refresh, I'm not seeing it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
    It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

5,275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

296 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support actions (buttons) in mobile app

Currently actions (e.g. the response buttons of the Polly bot) are only available on the desktop and browser clients.

In some of our scenarios (e.g. voting where to go for lunch, while 2 of 6 people are still on the road) this is a show stopper which prevents us to use Teams in this case.

It would be great if the mobile apps support actions/buttons. In our case, we would use this in combination with the custom webhook functionality to move a lot more user interactions from other systems into Teams.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select Default File Repositiry

As most companies already have an established File Repository either in O365, NAS or other cloud storage and cant afford to have users putting files in different locations due to confusion, allow the Team owner upon creation to specify a location for Files and use this location as the default when doing attachments and links.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sync Outlook meetings with team

When making changes to meetings in Outlook, the changes do not propagate completely . They would show up in side note, but not when you dig into the details.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to Delete emails forwarded to channels

Being able to forward emails to a channel is awesome. But it would be equally helpful to be able to delete those emails from the channel if they are no longer needed.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just click the little ellipses in the upper right hand corner of the email you have forwarded, and you can delete that email post in the channel.

12. Post to Yammer from Teams

It would be great if we could tag a Yammer group to add a post in Teams to that Yammer group as well.

For example, if I have a Yammer group named ICT, I could simply tag @ICT and have post in Teams added in Yammer as well.

My organization has just gotten used to Yammer and is reluctant to transition to Teams, but I find Teams a much better tool in most cases.

I'm trying to encourage them to use Teams by filling it with useful Information, but it would be good if I don't have to post twice…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Send meeting invites to inbox and prompt for Accept, Decline, Tentative rather than just posting to attendee calendar

Send meeting invites to inbox and prompt for Accept, Decline, Tentative rather than just posting to attendee calendar

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Battery life on iOS & Android

According to iOS Battery report, Teams is responsible for 24% of my battery usage. I am not actively running or using the program, so I assume this is related to background tasks / notifications.

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to create tabs for all Channels within a Team

Add the ability to create tabs across all the Channels in a Team. If I want to add a link to a global SharePoint folder to all Channels, I have to currently access each channel in that team and do so manually.

If there are multiple projects (created as Teams) being worked by the same departments (created as Channels), then it makes sense to be able to push global SharePoint (or any other O365 product) links to all the Channels in a Team. There are often shared resources that are necessary regardless of the current project.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add an option to "follow this team", not just "follow this channel".

Some teams have many channels and it would be nice to have an option to follow all of them at once!

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple Group chats

Cannot have more than 1 group chat with same members. I dont want to create a "Team" for things that do NOT need all the Team bells and whistles (Sharepoint, Cal, etc). But we would like to have more than 1 group chat with the same members but with different chat names. ie: Chat Name: Oranges Chatters: Joe, Jane & John. Chat Name: Apples Chatters: Joe, Jane & John.. Cant do it currently. It will only allow to change the chat name

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Connect Team Tab to Team Services with a different Microsoft Account

I would like to add a tab to my Team Services account, however it does not seem to allow me to connect to my Team Services account (which is a Microsoft Account not a O365 account)

I get the following error:

Sorry, you signed in as (xxxxxxx) <xxxxxxx@***.co.uk> in the Microsoft account directory. You must sign in as yyyyyy yyyyyy@yyy.com in the YYY directory as that is the user signed in to Microsoft Teams.

As it stands I have no way to connect my Teams with Team Services.

Note: I can use Connectors to receive notifications into channels from my…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SP Document Library Check In/Out

When a document library from SharePoint has been added to a team that has check in/out enabled, unable to check in/out from App

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Who enters, how exists a public team? Notification missing

In a ***** team it might be interesting to see, who joined and who left the team with similar messages like today in private teams "[Owner] added [user] to the team" -> "[User] joined/left the team"

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base