Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Format correctly for copy and paste

When copy and pasting from an excel cell Teams is maintaining the cell formatting, causing for the text to need a scroll box to read correctly. Given Teams is not Excel it should be employing word wrapping to display the text correctly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. move and copy files

I want to move and copy files between channels.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clicking the "X" requires multiple clicks to close the Microsoft Teams window

Teams window doesn't close when clicking the "X" in the top-right once. It requires several clicks and this issue it easily replicated across several users machines.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep track of outstanding conversation responses

I'd like a way to keep track of conversations I'm having in a channel. We are actively using conversations to monitor tasks not appropriate for Planner; items that come up in normal conversation. I'd love for a bot or something that can track unanswered conversation requests.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. snooze notification

Allow a notification or multiple notifications to be snoozed x number of minutes. Sometimes it's not possible to reply to a message right away, so having the ability to snooze a notification for 10 minutes for example was a very useful feature of slack, so that I could snooze the notification and be reminded of it at a more opportune time. Giving a range of snooze times is also super handy for accomplishing this, as well as the ability to resnooze for subsequent periods. For example on slack you can snooze a notification for 20 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours,…

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. team groups can not receive new message notification like whatsapp

I can not receive new message notification from mobile application. I am expecting whatsapp notification experience.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import / Export for data migration between tenants

At my IT company we are frequently working on Office 365 migration projects. We're also working on some merger / carve-out projects so we frquently need to move data out of tenant no 1 and re-import that data to tenant no #2.
    Currently this cannot be done by the existing graph api, as there is no support to access several data like chat conversation etc.
    Unfortunately, a support request answered that it's also not possible to get that from the support right now.

I'd like to request some export-team and import-team functionality
    • Export should be possible to an Azure…

785 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Compliance

Teams needs to be able to journal messages for compliance. The internal compliance is weak and does not meet the requirements for any regulated financial company. We are Sunsetting teams for all of our pilot group despite users loving it because we just could not make it pass compliance muster..

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: change of teams name

if you Change a Team Name later on, this Change is not recognized in the mobile Teams app (still shown under initial Name given when creating the team). same Problem occurs with SharePoint (in mobile app and also when you sync with your file Explorer)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Recurring Outlook reminders in a specific MS Team Channel

We have a group calendar for our team that contains loads of repetitive reminders for the group: things to be checked, tasks to be completed... It would be great if those reminders would also come up in a specific channel for in MS Teams, so that our team members can tick them off as the tasks have been dealt with.
    I know that each channel has their own e-mail address (great!), but if you use that as part of a reminder in Outlook Calendar, the first message is received in the MS Teams channel, but none of the recurring reminders…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Uploading status

When uploading a file we just see a circle that says uploading. It would be nice to know the speed and % finished.

(I just uploaded a zip file that is about 1GB, and I just want confirmation that it is still uploading and it isn't just stuck)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow sharepoint as a choice when adding files to a chat

In the mobile app when in chat and click the paper clip to attach a file the only options are google drive, Dropbox and One Drive.
    My team work with sharepoint to store all projects files.
    Can sharepoint be added as an option of where you can add files to the chat from.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. i would like to know how to get the latest comments at the top of the page not the bottom?

i would like to know how to get the latest comments at the top of the page not the bottom?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. organization view in chat

currently, you have "Favorites", "Recent", and "Suggested".

it would be really nice to have a full list of contacts for the company.

as an alternative, allow for more than 15 in "Favorites".

Additionally, have the ability to add your own chat folder at the same level as the others (Favorites, Recent, Suggested) and add your contacts there.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add this feature to Windows: right clicking on a file and copying the link to that file.

Just need an easier way to getting the link to a certain file in Windows. I'm thinking maybe you can add "Copy link" once you right click a file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Team owners should have full control of meetings within a team

We have a team meeting that was created with the following steps:

1. User A created team, invited other users to team
    2. User B was added as team owner alongside A
    3. A creates a recurring meeting
    4. A leaves the organization, account disabled
    5. B does not have any control of meeting created by A, so creates a new meeting for control
    6. Meeting created by A continues to exist on calendars, as it cannot be cancelled or edited by anyone

Team owners should have full scheduling ability for team meetings to avoid this issue. People who initially created the meeting should be able…

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Only suggest desktop app download on supported platforms.

Only suggest desktop app download on supported platforms. Unless the desktop app can run on Linux DotNet, it's not applicable to a client using Chrome on Linux, or ChromeOS.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show emergency location

Although emergency calling is limited, I suspect it will be similar to SfB Online. In which case showing the users Emergency Location would be useful. It would also assist help desk as know a users "location" you would also know what dialplan they have so what number formatting (e.g. US vs UK). As when dialing you don't see the normalized number you don't know what dialplan is being applied.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Extract Chat Threads

Is there going to be a better way or capability to extract chat threads? Also it seems to be a pain when trying to copy the thread, it does not stay highlighted nor copies names.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat Message time android app

I would like to see the time/date a message was sent directly with the message in the chat using the Android app.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base