Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Configure T-Bot's responses for your team

Enable team members to configure T-bot's responses for their specific team based on keywords. For example if I ask T-bot about "PTO", it could respond back with the company PTO policy and a link to the PTO request form. This is a feature available today in Slack that is heavily used by my organization.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add the Party Parrot emojis

Please add more emojis. For example
    Add the onion emoji.
    Add the poop emoji.
    Add a “curtsy” emoji to compliment the “bow”.
    Bring the fistbump emoji over from Skype into Teams.
    Add the Party Parrot emoji collection.
    Add emojis that relay more positive messages (most seem negative).
    Add flags emoji collection.
    Add “canyoutalk” emoji from Skype.
    Add medical-themed emojis for those who work in the medical field.

880 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team.

-Warren

3. Integrate with Microsoft AutoUpdate on Mac

It would make managing the app easier for those of us who use a MAU caching/manifest server.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype chat - both ways

If someone write from Skype, I can read and answer, but I cant start a chat with Skype users.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

It looks like some people in the thread below have figured it out — we actually have this. You can start a chat both ways; the system will automatically recognize if this person is on Skype for Business or on Teams.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Suphatra

5. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly. This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

36,359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3093 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The engineering team is continuing to work on adding support for multiple accounts on desktop clients. We will first launch support for 1 work/school account and 1 personal account so users can enjoy Teams for work and personal side-by-side. Windows and MacOS. Support for multiple work accounts is still being worked on and will come at a later date.

You can track status via the roadmap here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=68845.

Thanks!

6. Cannot share files in a Chat

In a Chat, if I click either the PaperClip or the Files Tab, I cannot attach a file.
    This applies to both the desktop and web versions of the application.
    Have uninstalled teams, rebooted, then reinstalled the desktop app.
    Have OneDrive for business set up.
    An solution?

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move conversations to different channels

If a conversation is started in one channel but gains importance to the point where the conversation deserves its own channel. Or a conversation was started in the wrong channel and needs to be moved

11,601 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

944 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

if you have an existing post that you want to show in a different channel, you can edit the message and cross-post. This will add the top-level post to the different channel, but will not include the full set of replies. We will keep this request in mind as we evolve the cross-posting feature in the future and update if the status changes.

Details on cross posting can be found here: https://support.office.com/article/cross-post-a-channel-conversation-in-teams-9c1252a3-67ef-498e-a7c1-dd7147b3d295.

8. Support @ notifications in messages posted through web hook API

We have automated messages posted to a channel and the @notifications are considered normal text and no actual notification happen. Since no one is notified of messages in channels to begin with (waiting for https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16911520-notifications-for-all-messages-in-a-channel to be implemented), we'd at least need notifications to work.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Teams iOS app doesn't seem to notify me the recent reply even thou i've configured to do so. Thx.

Microsoft Teams iOS app doesn't seem to notify me the recent reply even thou i've configured to do so. Thx.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. @Tag without selection

Current when @Tagging someone you have to type @PartOfTheirName then wait for the dialog to pop up, then hit tab or enter click the desired name (Person, Channel, Team). If you fail to use the dialog the @Tag fails to work even if you match the name perfectly.

What we'd like to see is typing @Name or @ChannelName or @TeamName just works even without using the dialog.

477 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I’m excited to share that I got to use this in our experimental settings the other day. We’ve built it and are testing it internally. I’ll let you know once it moves up in the validation rings!

Suphatra

11. Multiple People Screen Sharing Option

Allow multiple people to share their screen at one time, similar to how hangout does it.

7,797 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

669 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

13. Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page.…

1,388 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

331 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should experience significant improvements in copy & paste of images within Teams, as well as to & from Teams. We are aware of a few remaining issues, but the most common cases are resolved.

Thanks again for your patience on this one.

14. Enable general view of the organization

It would be amazing if we can see the Org Chart (Organization tab) for the whole company and not have it limited per team or manager.

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just hover over a person’s avator and click the org chart icon in the screen that appears. Or you can click the “Organization” tab in your 1:1 chat with them. If you want to move around your company’s org chart, just click the different people who appear in the chart.

15. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

3,421 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

476 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add option to make emoticons smaller or be turned off

Would like the ability to turn off all emoticons. Every chat application I've ever used (Skype, Lync, Slack, Hipchat) allow this option. Or/and make the emoticons smaller.

It would also be nice to have the option to minimize an emoji or resize an emoji within the chat feed once a user has posted it. Currently ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ is available per message, possiblly if ‘minimize’ or ‘collapse’ option would make this possible? This would enable the viewer of the feed to create their own visual experience/not have to look at emoji if they don’t want to.

1,140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

183 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

The ability to turn off emojis is still being worked upon.

Also, there is work to create a compact mode which will also help reduce white space… which in turn will impact some of the complaints are far as wasted space from the emojis as well, that have been voiced in the comments.

Stay tuned for more details.
    -Warren

17. Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

20,851 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1802 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Teams desktop has stopped working on my Mac

Since downloading the Microsoft Teams program on my Mac, it typically shut when I wasn't actively using it (problem #1).

Around Thursday afternoon (12/8) when I went to open the program again, it wouldn't open except a screen that says "Checking your connection...
    Yikes! Looks like someone pulled the plug on the internet."

I can confirm I am connected to the internet and all my other applications work.

My Mac is on OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom URI handlers

Hyperlinks with non-http or non-https prefixes do not currently work such as M-Files URLs that begin with m-files://

Please allow at least admins enable these custom URI handlers in Teams. They work perfectly in Slack :)

401 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base