Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

4,191 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  418 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tag Files for Searchability

As we upload files, it would be great to have the option to add Tags for the files. That way, when utilizing search, we could enter tags to be able to find results based on the tags specified.

492 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still under review. The feature team is digging into the details but have not made a decision yet.

-Warren

3. 740 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mac OS X Sierra login/logout

Seems to be taking an age to log in on Mac OS X Sierra, it also logged me out after my machine went to sleep

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  swatijha responded

Thank you for submitting the feedback.
    We are working on fixing log out issues on Mac Teams desktop client.
    We will keep you posted once we have it in production.

Thanks
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

5. Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
    Swati Jhawar

6. Not able to end a comment with a ')'

There is a bug that prevents you from ending a comment in a reply with a ')'

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi – Thank you for the feedback, I’ve tested this and it appears to be working now. Let me know if you are still experiencing this bug.

7. Bring attention to unanswered threads (Thread overview maybe)

When you add a Thread to a channel and there are multiple threads that come in the same day your thread might get lost and might never get an answer.

An overview of all threads might bring attention to those not answered

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autostart

Is it possible you can create another autostart client soon.. I have only 3 - 4 M$ Office products starting up when I power on?

It is usually ready to work at lunch time, a couple of more M$ autostart "features" and I don't need to do anything more than start up the old can, wait it for to be done, shut down and had home.

Thanks Guys! :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  swatijha responded

Thank you for submitting the feedback.
    We are working on enabling settings where user can control if they want the app to start in background or doesn’t want app to start on machine boot at all. It should be available very soon. We will keep you posted once we have it in production.

Thanks
    Swati Jhawar

9. Open in Word/Excel/PowerPoint as Default

It would be great if Teams would have the ability to always launch the desktop app when opening Office documents as opposed to launching the online version.

Rest of teams is awesome.

8,015 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

767 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to announce this is now available to users who opt into Public Preview.

Please see feature details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-teams-public-preview-default-file-open-setting-for-office/m-p/2581566

You can learn more about the Microsoft Teams Public Preview program here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview, and Teams administrators can find documentation to manage which users will see the Public Preview option here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreviewAdmin

10. stop suggesting the mobile app

Every time I start the desktop app I get a banner at the top suggesting the mobile app. Please make a way to disable ads.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still under review by the feature team.

-Warren

11. Link files to SharePoint Online instead of OneDrive

The default seems to be to OneDrive rather than SharePoint Online Doc Libraries which seems backwards since SharePoint is for Collaboration and OneDrive is more private files

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

4,189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

534 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding a separate notificiation option for group chats.

I do not wanna see a pop-up message when i recieve a new message in a group chat. I would like to recieve a pop-up message when i get messaged directly.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve "add members" to team

You have to add each member one by one in a team. It would be nice if it could be a grouping option to add multiple users with the same type of permissions (as if I insert a list of people with any delimiter, then check for names and click add) or import users from .csv / .xlsx file (users with roles).

596 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you so much for this feedback. I was actually sitting with a user yesterday who was struggling to add users to a channel because she was typing in names one by one, which is a normal inclination. I showed her that she can put any distribution list into the field (for example, all@mycompany.com) and it would invite everyone who is on that email address. Try it out and let me know if you have any more questions. I’ve also routed this feedback to design so they can implement a sign or something to show people that they can do this.

Thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

15. Videos from support.microsoft.com cannot be embedded into Groups

you can embed videos from youtube but not from Microsoft's own support site

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mark message as unread so I can return to it

Mark message as unread so I can return to it and read it later. Marking messages is good for other cases (eg. to have in hand company info/links/etc.)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Use the “bookmark” function instead. In the upper right side of every message in Microsoft Teams, is a little bookmark icon. If you click that, it will save that message or thread in your “Saved” tab, which you can access by clicking your face in the upper left corner of the app.

17. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

625 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Less like Chat, more like Threads

People don't really use the reply in Chat very much. So when everyone is creating a new conversation there are a ton of UI elements all over the place making the whole window very cluttered.

I'd suggest adding a Subject Line to the conversation so that there is a quick summary though for the thread.

Then it would be nice to be able to click into that thread so you don't see all of the other chats.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

We actually do have a subject line.

If you click the little pencil in your text field, the text field will expand and you can write a title for your message.

19. Multi-company groups

I really like Microsoft Teams, but i think it could be better working with people from any company using this app.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for randomized giphy selection using a shortcut.

We're supposed to be working... so selecting the perfect Giphy is a bit of a distraction. Allowing for a randomized Giphy selection (based on keyword) by using a shortcut is something your competition offers, and is missed dearly by our team. Part of the fun was/is being surprised by what pops up.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base