Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync across Desktop and Browser

I rely heavily on the Planner app within Teams to create workplaces with my colleagues and staff. When I switched to the desktop app, however, I found that the work plans created on the desktop did not show up in the browser version of Planner that my staff use. My colleagues have checked that the same inefficiency is happening in their Planner work plans in the desktop app versus browser app. This is very frustrating and inefficient.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting/hiding tabs

It should be possible to define the tab order (like Wiki as first tab)

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync Skype and Team statuses

It would be great if your Skype (for business) status could automatically turn to do not disturb when your in a MTeam call.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Meetings Tab should check the current day and update dispaly accordingly.

I keep Teams open all day. When I leave for the day usually Meetings is the open tab. When I then login the next day, the Meetings calendar has not updated - it still shows the text 'today' but displays yesterdays meetings.

Meetings should update and know what day 'today' is

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Editing in Word: "Chrome doesn't allow…"

When selecting "Edit in Word" in Teams for Mac I receive the attached error message "Chrome doesn't allow…". This is not an issue in Teams for Windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Most of our teams have come back with a feedback that, they need to have separate access to Channels and not inherit parent permiss

Most of our proposal teams have come back with a feedback that, they need to have separate access to Channels and not inherit parent permissions from Parent Microsoft teams created.

Is this something possible in near future? Also when will the metrics be available for Microsoft teams?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Channel only members & guests

Channel only members enable collaboration with people outside the team in a specific channel, without granting them access to the team itself.  The channel member could be someone in your organization, or external to your organization (guest).

6,706 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

509 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can't save my profile picture in Microsoft Teams

I can't save my profile picture in Microsoft Teams

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. guest access - switching tenants error

Error switching tenants for guest access. My account has been invited to two different guest teams. One works, the othe fails during authentication.

I am asked to authenticate, then I wait, and in the end I get an "oops, something went wrong, please restart"

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add video and audio calls to the Windows 10 Mobile UWP App

The UWP has had a few small updates, but is missing a big one - There is no voice or video chat in the Windows 10 Mobile UWP.

This has been added to other platforms already. In general I do feel like that took too long as well. Can you confirm these features are coming to the UWP application and are actively being worked on?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to skip Getting Started screens on Guest access

Whenever you accept an invitation to join a Team as a guest, you have to click Next through the getting started screens (four of them?). Add a Skip option on the first screen to bypass seeing the rest of them, if you are already familiar with Guest access (usually because you are already a guest in other Teams).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rate posters

"Poster ratings" similar to Chatter would be useful in driving adoption and engagement (eg observer, active influencer , top influencer) and possibly also "typically responds within 1 hour" markers associated with each team member. Is this possible? I'd like to see it to help drive engagement (folks will hate to be seen as just observers!)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Do not allow adding guests to a Team from people picker if guest access is disabled

When guest access is disabled for Microsoft Teams, do not allow the ability for members to add a Guest. This option is disabled by default and can be viewed/activated by going to:

Admin Center -> Settings -> Services & add-ins -> Microsoft Teams -> Settings by user/license type

This is a source of confusion for end users because it allows members to specify a guest user by email address in the people picker control. The Teams application then proceeds to sends the email to the guest user, only to have the guest not be able to view the Team after…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. within chat

Have the ability to notify individuals directly within a chatgroup. A chat group can have multiple members, but if I want to address someone directly, I should be able to @username and type the message to that person within the chatgroup

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. General channel, Conversations welcome to the team!

I'd like the "Welcome to the Team!" and images removed from the General channel Conversations. Once the Team is established, what's the purpose?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mfa on team or specific channel

I would like to ensure MFA Is used in specific channels or teams but nor required for others...
    As well as maybe to access files etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bug report: 1) confirming if you edit a guest account in Azure AD or Admin center the Guest account is removed from all Teams associated wit

1) confirming if you edit a guest account in Azure AD or Admin center the Guest account is removed from all Teams associated with the account.
    2) Teams is removing randomly also the guest account from some Teams after 30 minutes ~ 1 hour
    3) Using desktop Teams or web Teams a Guest logged to the console can see the teams members but all names are reported as "Unknown User" and the user picture is available or not

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix meetings to have functional hyperlinks

Meetings that have been added to Outlook from an invitation file do not show a clickable hyperlink like they do in Outlook. The encoding seems to be getting lost when it renders in Teams

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug - External Access accounts are being removed automatically

Guest access is being removed - according to the thread history by my user. However, the first time that the guest was removed by my user I was offline, the second time I was idle.

Teams appears to be removing guest user access.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Back button: Doesn't work with modern wiki

If one follows a link to a modern wiki (i.e. in a conversation), the back function doesn't take one back to the previous view. Instead it just tries to go back within the wiki itself without any point to it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base