Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Strike-through text

Please allow the option to have strike-through text in the desktop client for Teams on the Mac.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. tenant

Specify a tenant during an install

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams should know when I sync the files of the team with my OneDrive Client

When I sync my files with the NGSC from the team, teams reload the files anytime and do not use my offline files

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I'm getting notices that a "helper" is now available; I'd love to see a description of what is being changed versus just forking over my cre

I keep getting notifications that a Helper is being added to my system and being prompted for admin credentials. It would be nice to get a notice of what the Helper is doing before I authorize a blind update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. support for sameroom.io ambient mode

We use Sameroom.io very heavily to allow our team to maintain all interactions with our customers through MSFT Teams. As we cannot force our customers to use MSFT Teams, we have found this to be a very elegant solutions to keep everyone in their native collaboration tools that their companies have adopted. Sameroom.io tells me that they are waiting for MSFT to implement a feature known as "ambient mode" for them to be able to add this support on their end. They also mention that this has already been done for Skype and Telegram via your Bot framework. Can you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Launching for first time on Windows 10 renders only a white screen

I have just installed Teams on my Windows 10 workstation, for the first time, and it doesn't work.

The UI renders only a white screen. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling, and I used the notification icon to get logs. There is an error in the log:

-- info -- Restoring Window state with X:0 Y:0 Width:1280 Height:750
    -- info -- Loading window manager initialized with wasWindowMaximized = false, wasSilentUpdate = false, wasCrashInBackground = false
    -- info -- Not Centennial, no app ID
    -- info -- notification manager: OS notification duration set to 5
    -- error -- Blocked to load files…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add color codes to project buckets

Enable color coding for buckets

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. comtence

Hi,
    Just a quick suggestion as we have decided to go all-in on Teams in my company, which means leaving our SharePoint Intranet platform as well.

I was just considering if, Microsoft is planning to visualize competences on user profiles better in teams than it is today - it would be great. I was just thinking about a situation where I receive a call and in a hurry must find a ressource with this competence

Today:
    Search for user in team > I see basic information like address; phone number, etc. No competences.

If Microsoft is planning to use Teams…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fix notification settings

The notification settings in the current version are buggy.
    Firstly all notification settings are blank, as you can see in the attachment.
    Secondly when you try to set a setting it disappears again after a second.
    Please fix that.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, it looks like this bug was fixed. Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, email me directly at sparavi @ Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

11. Target Android Oreo and make use of the adaptive icons API

The app should be updated to target Android 8.0 Oreo to enable the improved notification controls such as notification channels and to use the adaptive icons API to improve coherency on user devices. The square icons are not appropriate for the Android ecosystem.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screenshot / Snippets

Enable screen shots/snippets to be taken from the app and post into groups or private chat

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For at least the last few weeks, the PDF viewing capbility of Teams is broken

I have a tab linked to a SharePoint Documenbt library. All is well and I can see the files there. In the past, I was able to click a PDF file and Teams would show it in its viewer.

I'm not exactly sure how long ago PDF viewing capability started failing in this scenario, but across the board, no one in our organization is able to get a PDF to load now. It tries to load in the Teams viewer (I assume that's what it is, it definitely is within the Teams app and there is no indication that it's…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cancel or submit after editing a message should return the focus and cursor to the compose texbox

I appreciate very much that you've added support for hitting the Up key on the keyboard to edit the last sent message (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16932934-up-arrow-to-edit-last-message), but it would be super-efficient if the focus/cursor would be returned to the message compose texbox after we cancel or submit an edit. Currently it exits edit mode, but keeps focus on that previous message that was being edited. You can hit tab to get to the compose message textbox, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks so much!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Android vibrate notification

It seems I cannot set my notifications to vibrate on Android. I think that would be useful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. hold

Calls on Microsoft Teams need a hold button!

When you go into the help section, it gives you directions to put a call on hold that are made for Microsoft Skype (they say to use the button with the little three dots). But unlike Skype, teams doesn't have the little three dots button, and so there is no way to put the call on hold! Very annoying if you are on a meeting and have another call coming in. You can mute yourself, but there is no way to block out the conversation of the rest of the meeting.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Nice tool for team collaboration, however desktop sharing seem to be missing.

Include desktop sharing capability and other existing Skype for business features if it is really true that Teams will replace SFB.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make T-Bot understand questions about permissions

The question T-Bot fluffed was not HOW can I create a team but CAN I create a team? The usual problem with Microsoft products is the maze of permissions and the difficulty in figuring out who can fix permissions. Make T-Bot smart about permissions and who to ask to grant permissions. Or better still, give us some relief from permissions-from-****.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a clickable @ symbol next to the person's name in a message

I thought it would be good to have the @ symbol next to a person's name in a message, so that when you're replying to a conversation and want to mention someone, instead of typing out their name, you could just left-click the @ symbol next to their name and have it automatically added to the chat window.

If this is not very user-friendly due to the smaller size of the @ symbol, make the whole name clickable, so you can quickly mention a person by simply left-clicking their name. At the moment it's just plain text.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base