Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark 'Bots' which require paid services or additional licencing

Bot's are great additions for new functionality, but when we added a number of bot's we then received 1:1 messages from the bots advising we needed to purchase the services or licences to utilise them.

We then removed these bots, but this requirement is not clear when our users add bots to the Channels. It also at times posts the licence requirements into the Channel itself, which causes more confusion.

We would like to have an icon stating 'Paid' (or something similar) next to Bots in the add-in menu which require licences or payment for the functionality. This will prevent…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete files from Recent

It would be nice if it was possible to delete files directly from "Recent" under the Files tab

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search hits leads to a file, I would like to see the folder it is in

When I do a search I ofted find a file (i.e. a pdf), and when clicking the file is opened. But I would like to have the ability to go to the folder where the file is, either after viewing it, and deciding it was not the right one, or directly in the search results.

Right now I have zero ability to go to WHERE the file was found, because only the team and channel is shown under the file name.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove the need to flip between accounts

I suggest removing the need to flip between accounts to see news feed, chat, teams and channels for each account. Once you're logged to all your accounts you should be able to see all of these from the same area regardless what account they're part of. Flipping between accounts to see these things is inefficient and also is problematic with notifications.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Managing the Teams Page

It would be really useful if Team Owners could have the option to prune, delete or otherwise hide unwanted traffic on the conversations page, especially in the initial set-up phase when we are all finding out how to drive this thing properly, and every last action is generating a notification in the general thread.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outlook addin needs to allow choosing location when creating teams meeting

This uservoice says that it's done, but it's not useful yet because one cannot choose the team and channel. Without channel the ability isn't useful. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16958275-teams-meeting-in-outlook

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot disable hide my phone number

After applying CallingLineidentity policy to allow user override, I see the ability to enable/disable caller ID in Teams client. Hiding caller ID is enabled by default (which was not expected), and I'm unable to uncheck the box to disable caller ID blocking.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calling the phone number of another user in the same tenant received as a meeting invite

Problem 1: User A calls User B by typing the phone number (instead of picking the name), and the call was received as a meeting invite instead of a normal call.

Problem 2: User A calls User B by typing the phone number should resolve as User B's name in the dial pad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Is there a way to do a vote in a channel

I would love to be able to create a question in a channel and have preset selection options. Would make voting easy.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook calendar

Should be a way to change the organizer of the meeting to a new person. We use recurring meetings often at our company. If the admin person leaves or project gets reassigned we want to be able to keep the room bookings, etc and just change ownership. Multi month projects here mean people change before completion. Thanks!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Notifications

It would be quite useful to customize notifications for each individual team channel rather than all teams as a whole. While I need to see all notifications for some teams, I needn't see every single update in others. Perhaps this could be related to the "favorite" function, with the option to only show toasts from your favorite teams.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Migration tool that converts fileshare directory to Team and automatically loads documents into the Team Files

I have a fileshare with hundreds of directories (1 directory per client). Each directory has tens to hundreds of sub-directories (1 sub directory per client project). I would like to make a team for each client/directory, with channels for each client project/sub directory). I want the contents of the sub directories loaded into the Team Channel Files locations. Is there any way to automate this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make link to document saved in Team channel open native application when clicked

When I want to send a link (say to a Word document saved in Teams) to a team member, we want the document to open directly in Word when the link is clicked instead of launching the web version of teams.

The team member has access/privileges to the same sharepoint location where the document is saved. It's a huge time waster launching the web version of Teams just so they can do several more clicks to get to the document.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow 'Guests' to have the same amount of functionality as a regular Member.

Allow 'Guests' to have the same amount of functionality as a regular Member. Or as much as possible while still keeping things secure.

When a Guest is added to the Team, often times they are at the same level of team membership / importance / contributor as actually internal Members and it makes no sense business wise to limit their functionality - arbitrarily - just because they are not part of our tenant.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. For the mobile Teams app give the ability to upload a picture I just took.

We have people in the field who takes pictures with mobile phone. They need ability upload pictures in to teams via team mobile app

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. desktop app vs non desktop app

I uploaded documents prior to downloading the desktop app- now I can only see the documents I uploaded via the app in the app, but if I go directly into 365, the documents are not visible. why can I not see all my documents regardless of how I uploaded the documents?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Office365 myApps Integration in MS Teams

We setup MS Teams for some teams in our company. What i miss is the option to add a new tab which contains the myApps from the office365 Portal. We developed own enterprise Apps which are accessible over the 0365 portal but i need to append them in MS Teams to the single user.
    Add a Website with "myapps.microsoft.com" or "portal.office.com" are shown in MS Teams but they wont work. Any future plans for integration?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an app for scribbles

It would be cool if the app would have a space to send scribbles in the chat :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base