Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Help with the glitch that makes it recover constantly

Frustrating having to teams recover over and over.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot add channels as favorites

I can add teams to favorites, but not channels. There are a handful of channels I want to follow more closely and having them pinned at the top under Favorites would be best. Prefix with team name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move posts to different channel

Add a feature that allows for moving a post to a different channel.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Special Latinamerican Chars

Let us use alt + (some comb keys) in order to put characters like this ---> áúñ etc....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Move the People tab to an icon on the left bar.

It is not intuitive at all to have to write the name of the person and not have any result showing. We found out later that you have to hit enter, then the people tab shows up and THEN, you can see the results of your search. If you do not relocate the tab, at least let the people show when you search for them.

P.s.: People will show if you already talked to them, which is still not intuitive for a SEARCH bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Channel as member of Distribution List

Please allow teams channels to receive email when made a member of a distribution list.

For example, I should be able to create a distribution group in AD and populate with the email address of my teams channel. Then, nest this distribution group inside of any other distribution group to send those emails to the channel.

This would allow me to create friendly distribution groups like 'channelname@mydomain.com' instead of using the long and convoluted email addresses auto-generated by teams.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Could we not turn on ******** like T-Bot by default? While I realize bots may be useful for

Could we not enable bots such as T-Bot by default and/or provide the option to disable them completely? As far as I'm concerned
    bots just create notifications without adding any actual value, which disrupts my ability to actually do work. (I will note that if an app disrupts my ability to work, I just turn it off.)

I will admit that in theory somebody could write a bot that I find useful. However, 99% of the ones I've seen are just a nuisance.

If I want tips, by the way, I understand Microsoft runs a search engine which I can…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. * Take notes from chat grandpa mIRC https://www.mirc.com/ and its capabilities. Please apply with common sense

It has several features that made chatting in private and public spaces/rooms very comfortable
    * @name - instantly pings mentioned user in public chat.
    * Possibility to scroll instantly to blocks of text where @myuser is mentioned
    * Ability to easily format text with specific syntax - please research before you refer to MS Teams current capabilities
    * Please sit down, really sit down with mIRC and with a chatroom dinosaur and gain the knowledge how to make a good instant messaging platform.

Currently I am very happy with the company wide decision to drop Skype for business.
    However, it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Messages are not in the channel

Messages are in thte online Client but not Shows on the Desktop. i can Chat normal but some messagesa are fail. It is not on sync.
    Heavy Problem because the Software is not save to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It’s too complicated to use. It needs to be simplified. Msgs should start from the 1st unread & not the last. I missed 100 msgs

Simplify the msgs. Start from the 1st unread msg and not the last. I had to scroll up too long to want to read what I missed. Also the colours are dull. There’s not brightness. It feels very business Monday morning like. Needs more life in the app. Atm I see using teams as a chore whereas when I use what’s app it feels like fun

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the positioning of the Location field for Meetings

When selecting a room from the rooms list before the start and end date/times the Room shows available. Consider repositioning the Date/Time fields ABOVE the Location field so that if a room is not available it doesn't show on the list based on the date/times selected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Touch ID security please for iOS

Please add Touch ID security support for Teams!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Interop presence is showing Teams user as IM Only user

Teams-only user is showing its presence in SfB-only user as "IM Only" contact. Upon starting a chat session from SfB to the Teams user, options to establish video call and audio call are available, and calls can be made. The presence state should not show "IM Only" in this case.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. conversation hiding

I would like the ability to hide a conversation in a channel from myself until new activity in order to help me organize what I have and haven't read/responded to yet.

We're using teams to communicate back and forth with our testers in India. They are just spinning up on our new product so understandably lots of questions. Overnight we'll get 10+ new conversations started in our testing channel. We are having a hard time keeping track of what still needs to be addressed often scrolling back up to the top of the day and re-evaluating each conversation to make…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open In - iOS

There are no possibilities to share from gallery photos and video directly from native app to teams app.

Open in function is not available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Do Not Invite Entire Team on Channel Meeting

Right now, when you setup a meeting for a channel, it will end up inviting all users and guests of the team to the meeting.

If you have a large team, you usually don't want this.

The scenario around this is you have a team of 20 people. This team is then split out into physical 5-person teams. Each of those physical teams has their own channel where they can do a daily stand-up. These teams also want to have this daily stand-up in a channel meeting of only their team, not the entire 20-person team.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. propose new time

Outlook - Propose New Meeting Time, when accepted are not sent to all invited or in teams. A particular issue on recurring meetings.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base