Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove legacy OneNote Tabs

Now that we can add a tab connection to a fully functional OneNote notebook, we need to be able to remove the legacy OneNote tabs that are locked to a single "General" section.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some excel files open in excel viewer, other don't. No warning

Would be nice to be consistent on opening files, or at least give feedback when files can't be opened on line and need to be opened in excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to remove the original OneNote tab

Now that we can add OneNote to tabs in Teams natively for existing notebooks (see link below), we need to be able to remove the old original (pre-Wiki) OneNote tab that was set up for each channel.

Link to uservoice on adding existing OneNote notebooks - https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926034-allow-use-of-existing-onenotes-documents-for-chann?tracking_code=f01e036ebe77fcf8b3f0278f152c0ef9

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recurring Tasks

Being able to set recurring tasks on a month to month basis would be ideal. You can use a work around by creating meetings, but it would be more helpful to have tasks that your entire team can tick off, yet will recur.

548 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. dark mode page number not visible

When opening a pdf with multiple pages, a pager should appear at the bottom of the screen. In light mode, this is visible. In dark mode, it's not, only when you hover over it but if you wouldn't know it was there in the first place, you could never find it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search inside the text of Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoints, Excel files, etc.

The search feature should pull results from inside attachments, like Outlook currently does. This is invaluable when files are frequently labeled poorly. Also, allowing you to choose to only search attachments would add a lot of value.

For example, a search for a company name that might be in the signature line of a legal document, but not in the file name would still allow you to find the document you were looking for.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams icon in left menu bar does not change if there a new comment or a meeting

There are 5 icons in the uppoer left menu bar. Two of these are Chat and Teams. When someone IMs me in the Chat threads, the Chat icon and the Teams icon on the laptop menu bar at the bottom of the screen will both indicate that a new IM is there. However, if some one of the Team threads adds a comment or a meeting invite pops up, unless I'm in that window I don't see it. Nothing anywhere indicates that something new has arrived. I don't even get an email on missed converstation if the comment is in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display keyboard shortcuts in hover states

I love using keyboard shortcuts to speed up my work. Please consider adding keyboard shortcuts to hover states to help learn what the keyboard shortcuts are.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Clicking on a found message does not take me back to where it is in the channel anymore.

What happened to this? It used to work when I search for a message, find it, click it and it would take me to the exact place in the channel that it was posted. Now, it takes me to random areas in the channel. This isn't useful anymore, and makes it hard to use this tool for collaboration now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integration w/ Website Chat Apps like Chatlio or Talkus

We'd like to streamline chatting directly with our customers through our website via Teams. Slack has multiple apps that directly integrate with website chat software - Chatlio, Talkus, or Chatra.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How about giving some feedback when a file downloads in default settings?

I just downloaded a file 4 times because Teams doesn't ask me where to download it and that download arrow on the files icon is not exactly obvious.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to change the default settings for where files are stored, and I didn't see a way to get notifications for when a file is changed or added.

I find that fine-tuned user control over settings like this is very useful for these kinds of collaboration apps. For instance, too many notifications and I'm not going to use it because it annoys the **** out…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make widescreen option in video calls

When there are only 2 video callers on Teams, you can see the video in widescreen mode. However, with 3 or more callers, the video is severely cropped and you can no longer see a widescreen view of the room. This creates a very poor video experience since you can no longer see everyone in the room. It would be nice if there was an option to view participants in widescreen mode. Even in this sample image, you can see the room on the left only shows one person and everyone else at the table is cut off. If it…

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. roll down

Wrap and unwrap discussions
    Is it possible to make room on the screen by "wrapping" or "rolling" up conversations/discussions ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. This app wants me to save it 10 times a day and then shuts down every time I use it so its a huge waste of my time. Please let me know if th

NEEDS AN UPDATE ASAP. Keeps shutting down and asking me to save it 10 times or more every day so it can not be used!!!! Its very frustrating because we all use it at my job to communicate with questions while we are on the phone with our customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 more channel

When the limit of channels is reached, if there is only one (1) channel in the "More channels" option it should just show the channel in the main hierarchy instead of hiding it in a sub menu. It occupies the same amount of space, so it seems like it would make more sense.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add setting to disable pop-up asking to switch to native teams app

Add setting to disable showing a pop-up asking to switch to the native teams app. I (and likely many others) actually prefer to use a Chrome app for teams instead of the native app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The video's don't show correctly in the app

The video's don't show correctly in the app. They scale too big so that you miss about three quarter of the view. See attachment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →