Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Responding to emails through teams?

We have recently sent out a division wide email with changes being made due to a project I have been involved in. Within this email we placed a link to respond as a MS Teams Channel address, so that those working on this aspect would be the only contacts involved, whereas if we used the Office 365 email group this would have sent the email to more people than necessary. Unfortunately there is no way in MS Teams that I can see to reply from the Channel as an email. Will this be possible in the future?

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please give an option to turn off alerts. Please give an option to remove from Status bar. Please give an option to only notify for certain

Please give an option to turn off alerts.
    Please give an option to remove MS Teams from the status bar.
    Please give an option to prioritize alerts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please give an option to turn off alerts. Please give an option to remove from Status bar. Please give an option to only notify for certain

Please give an option to turn off alerts.
    Please give an option to remove MS Teams from the status bar.
    Please give an option to prioritize alerts.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mobile App Not Requiring Password

I’ve recently installed the Teams mobile app (on an iPhone) and wasn’t required to enter a password after I provided my email address. Even without fully logging in, I am able to access the full Teams history I’d expect to.

I confirmed this was happening with someone else on my team, too.

Best,
    Katie

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow images located in the Files tab to be edited

It would be very useful to be able to edit/annotate images that have been saved within the Files tab

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No automatic refresh

Hi,

Teams never gets updated when I receive new DM or messages in channels. I sometimes get notifications, but the list of recent conversation never gets updated until I look for the conversation and click on it. Then, once I click on it, it finally updates and displays this conversation as "unread", at the top of the recent conversations.

I've had this issue for months and it still hasn't been fixed, could you please fix this once and for all? A messaging app that doesn't notify you of new messages is an aberration.

Thanks

Mathieu

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sign in automatically to Office365 links that are provided in a tab

Teams has the ability to pin Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents as tabs in a channel (which is great) however it does not offer the same for Visio documents.

"Not to worry" I thought, "Visio documents can now be viewed in the browser so just supply the URL to the Visio document and use the webpage option for the tab".

So, I have a Visio document appearing as a webpage on a tab in my channel. This works well except for one glaring problem. As soon as someone browses to to that tab they are prompted to login to Office 365.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a team from my organization team

Create a team from my organization team

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to show Channels AND chat stacked in left sidebar.

It would be great if there was an option to have both the channels AND the chat stacked on the left sidebar (re: slack). I'm a member of about 15 channels and need to see the discussions of the team (even though i'm not tagged). But, it always happens, that I'll reply to a chat message and then move off to another program....thus not seeing the BOLD channel discussion. It would be great to keep one screen active and not have to constantly flip between channels and chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow downloads from sharepoint to teams channel file

Allow downloads from sharepoint to teams channel file

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. vimeo

Can we please have an integration with the Vimeo or the Streams Service, so we can natively embed videos that are hosted securely on that service. We don't really want to use 'unlisted youtube' videos if we hosting confidential content. On that point, I'm currently trying to post a youtube video in a tab on Teams and it won't find it, even if I put the url in. Can you only embed 'public' videos?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Confluence Tab

Add a confluence integration tab

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attach File Dialog

Multi-select files to upload/attach from onedrive.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Favorite Search - Saved Searches

Have the option to pin to favorites bar "Saved Searches", or "Virtual channels" or "Alert Channels" or whavetever the name, you get the idea.. be able to define a search and get an unread count when there are matches on it. Ideal to track common terms across all of the teams you are connected to.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Favorites toolbar

Offer a Favorites channels toolbar or section int he current Favorites left column, which lists favorits team\channel with unread count.

As the activity happens inside channels, it makes more sense to have a fast shortcut to the channels so I can go directly to it with one click.

Today is cumbersome if I have more than 10 teams or so: I have to key-in the name of the team ("General" is everywhere), then go to the team's channels list and click the channel... too many steps!!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add an option to be notified of ANY activity in a team or channel that you are a member of

Add an option to be notified of ANY activity in a team or channel that you are a member of

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fustrated

Team is currently opened on my screen in Full screen mode. I can not minimize the screen which is VERY frustrating. It's either I close out Teams all together or I completely minimize the window which I'm not trying to do. I just want to resize the Teams window so that it is not taking up my entire screen. This is not an issue with any other Microsoft product. Please provide a fix. I do not see the "Minimize, Maximize, Close" options in the top right corner. How do I resize my Teams application window?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. personal meeting room

I have been using gotomeeting and zoom for a while and both provide a "personal meeting room" link that I can put in my signature. I can tell anyone I need to meet with (internal or external) to click the link in my signature to meet now and they will get put into a lobby until I start up my meeting. I also get notified if someone is sitting in my lobby waiting to start a meeting. This would be the final feature we need to switch over to Teams.

468 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams Notification

If the "Teams" tab in Microsoft teams had an option to light up / blink when there are messages waiting in that tab that would be great.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Drag and Drop email

Add ability to drag and drop an entire email into the app, or flag an email and have the thread accessible in the app

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base