Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share from Microsoft Edge

I want to share webs from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft Teams.
    Microsoft Edge's SHARE button can share current web page to some APP, easy, quick way.
    so, I hope to share web pages from Microsoft Edge's share button to Microsoft Teams channels.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Checkboxs

I miss in the wiki content the option of adding some checkbox to a list of tasks to add for the team

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add create Tab to API

Please add the CREATE TAB function to the API so we can create tabs programmatically.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Home Xbox

Be able to have multiple Xboxes and no liimits

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ability to toggle windows

When doing a presentation and utilizing Teams for your presentation and other documentation is difficult to do. Currently yopu have to open everything ahead of time to present. It would be nice if you can toggle various Teams windows to access various documents in various channels.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a Scrum Poker Tool directly into the chat

It would be great if we could have a simple interface where one can post a story or task that needs estimation, and we could select cards, and those cards could be revealed by the original poster as a voting mechanism based off of planning poker, but could be really used to rank or rate anything. This should be as easy to access as an icon in the message bar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable scrolling through a channel with keyboard

When I'm working from home, I frequently am using a touchpad and keyboard for my work, so clicking on a scroll button and dragging is really hard and inconvenient.

Expected: When I click the pointer in a channel, a message should be selected, and the up and down arrows should move to the previous and next message, respectively.

Currently: Here is video.
    0:01 I select the channel
    0:04 move my pointer into the channel and click hoping to see a message selected.
    0:07, 0:09 I move a little closer to a message, and click again and again. Still nothing.
    0:10…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A splash screen for use when you are not actively using teams.

I find that I often have teams on my screen when I am not using it. This forces me to have either a past conversation open or content from a random channel displayed on my screen. It would be nice if there was a splash screen that could show useful information and could quickly show notifications as messages come in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Telephone Integration

The "Call Me At" feature and options of Skype for Business Online must be added to Teams long BEFORE you can call this ready for use. Come on Microsoft, ready, fire, aim doesn't get people to move from Slack!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restrict ability to start new conversation (thread)

It would be helpful to restrict the ability to start a new conversation to specific users in the channel.
    This would allow those users to post conversation starters and others could only reply.
    Since the focus in channels defaults to the "start new conversation", most users do not realize they are not actually replying to a previous conversation.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Short Links - like OneNote links

Copying links to locations in OneNote and pasting into other places creates a short HTML link in a format "Location (Web View)". Something similar in Teams would be brilliant. Pasting links to places or documents in Teams (even within the Teams environment) results in gargantuan strings like:

https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/files/abcde?threadId=19%3A5284adh639fm85844c01ad0e633c0e7f272b%40thread.skype&messageId=1507595897215&ctx=channel&context=New%2520Phase%252F01%2520Client%2520Issued%2520Documents%252FCore%2520Dialogue%2520Documents

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

Please have mute indicator stay visable, instead of auto- hiding. It is valuable to quickly identify if you are muted or not.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Virtual office...floorplan that allows teams to collaborate, work and meet

What would be good is a REAL virtual office. Floorplan with working areas, conference rooms, break rooms (for when people are at lunch or away), lobby, etc...
    Each room would be screen-sharing capable and video conferencing capable. Each member could be a "meeple" or a figure so that individuals could recognize.
    You could close the door for private conversations, could still put up "busy", "available", etc. signs so people know your status.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. View the groups email in Teams

Teams is the new hub, the place to work for the team. When you create a new team, o365 creates a mailbox for the team, yet the team can not access the mails sent to the mailbox through teams. This would be a useful feature.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't get strong notifications when window is minimized

Notification to be appeared in a Big banner especially the call notification

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Re-naming file error - Sorry, we couldn't find your file

I started a conversation on a file, which posted it into the conversation feed

Then I went to the Files tab and renamed the file

Now when I click the file at the top of the existing thread in the conversation stream, it says "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

Basically when you rename a file, the existing post of that file in the conversation feed does not know the file has been renamed

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Maybe you can consider to put last seen notification, bluetick, sent and others. You know what I mean right? Just like Whatsapp features.

It is recommended to put last seen notification, bluetick, sent and others in Teams conversation. You know what I mean right? Just like Whatsapp features.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. On mobile, Go to Power BI app, rather than opening a web browser (if app is installed)

Right now opening a Power BI tab on mobile takes you to a web browser. Can it open in the power BI app if it's installed?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base