Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have sound for incoming calls only

Teams is barely usable for me due to the very limited sound options - particularly only being able to have 'All' (which is far too distracting as you get a beep for every chat message), or 'Call, mention and chat' (seems to be same as All except if banners are turned off) or 'Off'.

I cannot have popup banners as they are far too distracting, disabling these also seems to stop 'call mention and chat' working though.

Can we have a 'Calls' section in the notifications options so we can hear a sound for incoming calls but disable sound for…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable persistant email mention notification

Please make continuous email mention notification. I would like to set up number of notification email such as 3 times in case miss it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Teams feedback

Hello,

I would like to share with you some pains I am suffering with Teams.
    This is just feedback, and not a request for taking any actions:

Browsing historic chats
    I often search for something I said or someone said in the chat in the past.
    For example, the travel plans from the Madrid Scrum Masters to Madrid was communicated to me via chat and I wanted to find this text as a reminder.
    Unfortunately, this is not easy because: (a) it is not possible to do a search and (b) when scrolling up, the chat entries take time to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix notification number in app icon on android

The notification number in the app icon on android looks broken.. mine shows "5" but i don't know what i haven't read yet..

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scheduled auto-post messages/notifications on channels

Our teams posts routine updates/notifications on our channel (mainly posting who is the POC for the team on that day). It would be nice if we can schedule a specific message to be posted on specific timings (or even better if customizable messages for different timings) for automation.

514 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Putting this item under review so we can investigate the scenario. Currently you can use Flow to automate posting. DRI/POC can be maintained in a list or file and message can be sent to Teams channels at designated intervals. For schedules as mentioned you might also consider using the Shifts app inside of Teams. This would provide additional features like shift swapping, activity lists for each shift etc.

6. Whole gif doesn't load, just a portion of it appears.

Adjusting the window size sometimes corrects it, but most of the time when it happens the chat window doesn't load at the correct size to accomodate the gif. It cuts off the right side and bottom, eliminating words etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. download file progress indicator

need file download progress indicator

1,031 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

271 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. keep old conversations

My converstations delete after a few days. I thought that was a feature of teams to keep history. I would like to keep old conversations until I delete or archive

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better one note task integration

Create an item in Onenote as a task. Have the item appear as a task in planner (in the teams environment) and outlook. Also allow assigning and re-assigjijg of tasks between owners. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

3,399 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

412 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

11. Chat groups

It would be nice to be able to setup groups for frequent chatting.

It would also be nice to be able to have a setting to turn on storing of chats. Because sometimes a conversation starts as a chat with no intention of saving the info, but later you may need to refer back to what someone said.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notification Setting - Disable Reply Notifications

It would be really nice to be able to disable all reply notifications. That way you could still FOLLOW a channel and get notifications for Only New conversations, and not all the replies. This would function a lot like Slack Threads, and help limit needless notifications. Like if someone says in the General Channel, "Is there anyone available to come help me in the loading dock" and 4 people reply, I'd like to get notified about the first message, not all the replies! Thanks

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. planner

In the Planner is impossible search.
    How can I find any text, ...

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft teams sending <div>***</div> to skype users

Randomly, team users sending messages to skype users are sending <div>text text text</div> to the skype users. So on teams it looks fine but for skype users they are seeing <div>'s wrapping the text of the message. It does seem to go away after a few minutes of use.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow full font adjustment, backgrounds, etc.

Use MS Word's font adjustment possible here

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. team description in app and email

When you start a new team and try to be descriptive about its purpose, most of that gets cut off in the message that goes out. The message truncates after line 3 with an ellipsis. Same thing with the team description in the client. You can only read the full description in the tool tip after selecting the 'More options' ellipsis and then 'Manage team'. The tip itself does not stay within the context of the app, and overlaps into the full viewable area of the monitor.
    This relates to a longer list posted in this item

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Choice of browser with iPad Teams app

We don't have the option to choose between an online browser version or the app (worth limited functionality). But once in the app, we don't have a choice of browser... It's Apple's Safari...
    Well, I would like to have the option to choose which browser to start for example when i click on a Tab. More and more iOS 11 apps give you this options in the settings menu

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you please let me know how to change profile picture in the Microsoft teams mobile app.

Can you please let me know how to change profile picture in the Microsoft teams mobile app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. saved location of image on Android

When saving images from Android, the images are located in 'My Folder' instead of 'Gallery' which is common location for saved images. Any other chat app saves image in Gallery. So, in terms of UX, users will feel comfortable when the images are saved in Gallery

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Developer Preview Option Removed

The Developer Preview option that used to exist under Version is now gone. Because of bugs in recent releases, I turned off Dev Preview and can't get it back on. I have never noticed any difference with Dev Preview on so maybe there is no value, but I am one of the leaders at my company pushing for adoption of Teams, so I'd like to be closer to the "inner circles" rather than farther away, if possible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base