Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update GIF Menu

Please add a GIF menu bar on the right side of the teams window; having it be the size of the entire window and scalable would be very helpful in selecting and reading the GIFS. Right now, I have to select a GIF as if I am going to send it to be able to read it, and always have to get close to my screen and squint to find the GIF i want.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No way to find saved messages in chat

You can save a message in a chat, but there's no way to easily find them after.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notify when session has expired and I need to log in again

Often I will open Teams from the notification area only to discover my session has expired and I need to log in again. I never know how long I was signed out and unable to receive messages.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. getting a alert when a new channel has been created

There a few alerts but nothing when a new channel is created, a banner and email similar to other alerts
    we use teams to work on issues, with a new channel for each issue, it would be nice to get a alert when a channel is created

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. release notes on web do not match tab

If I go to T-Bot and look at the release notes tab I have until October 11th but when I ask T-Bot and view them on the web they go until October 18th.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Microsoft-Teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

What is also weird is when I check for an update nothing is available but when I view my version I see,

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.0.00.28451 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/17/17.

Sadly, I am unable to tell what version number is the latest because your release notes do not mention/tag a version number.

This would be a great addition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable moving columns in Planner with Ctrl + Left / Right Arrow

I sue Ctrl + Arrow / Ctrl + Arrow + Shift to move / select words and it is a bit annoying to have that move a column.
    I jump / select words much more often than moving the columns around (does that even really need a keyboard short cut)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do not save chat history automatically

I guess 90% of conversations do not need to be kept in history. Have a look at Sametime which is more business oriented.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't resize on second monitor

Since recently I cannot resize teams on my second monitor. Instead I have to move the app to my primary monitor, resize and move back to me second monitor. This used to work just fine ... up to the last update in mid-october 2017 (I guess)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat with Guests

I have added a guest to our AD. Guest access is enabled in teams. I can see the guest in chat and have sent them a chat message. I manually installed Teams for the Guest on their mac. They are not receiving my messages. Guest access needs to work in chats as well, not just in Teams.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fully compatible with Skype for business and Skype. Running three applications doesn't make sense

I have Skype running for people outside my organisation. Skype for Business for people inside my organisation. And now Teams for those early adopters that are starting to migrate. As you can see this doesn't make any sense, does it? Please consolidate all platforms on a single one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Manage who can create Teams

So many O365 admins are controlling O365 Group names and now Team creations are messing up the O365 Group naming conventions.

Here is an excellent guide how to set O365 Security Group to control who can create O365 Group and how to setup Naming policies for O365 Groups.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-who-can-create-Office-365-Groups-4c46c8cb-17d0-44b5-9776-005fced8e618?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Office-365-Groups-naming-policy-6ceca4d3-cad1-4532-9f0f-d469dfbbb552

As Team automatically creates O365 Groups, this should be identical or similar features to 1) manage who can create teams and 2) set Teams' naming policies.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scheduling Availability

When trying to set a meeting is it possible to see everyone's availability..even those outside your company? This is helpful for large groups.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Refresh Button for Teams

I am using the Windows Team application and sometimes I can't tell if I am looking at the offline information or online information until I click on several tabs and channel to prompt me to sign in. Please create a refresh button so we can make sure we are logged in.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tab to Display SharePoint Site News

I would like to be able to add a tab that shows "News" just as it is displayed on the SharePoint team site home page when the modern group is created. Additionally, for any new article added, it would be nice to receive a notification that new "News" is available via banner or email.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to remove the office 365 group from meeting invitation

When creating a meeting in a Teams channel, it automatically includes the Office 365 Group that mirrors the Team on the invite list - and you CANNOT remove it. This has the consequence of sending an actual invite to your meeting to everyone in the entire Office 365 Group. This makes it impossible to just have a small meeting in a channel without disturbing or inviting unintended guests. This seems insane? Even if you must include this Office 365 Group in the list of invites by default, at least let us remove it! But really, it should not be there…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams should acknowledge hardware keyboards on iPad correctly

On an iPad, if you have a hardware keyboard (eg: Smart Keyboard) Teams does not automatically figure out that it’s a hardware keyboard and doesn’t do things like remap the ‘return’ key to mean ‘send’. Every other chat app I use does this.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Access Away Greeting in Voicemail within Team Calling. There's no option to access voicemail functions within Teams.

With Teams calling, there is no easy access to set up an Away Message for out of office times within Teams or to manage the Away message.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base